June 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/17

It's the week before Christmas and this is how I feel...

Also the solstice is this week! And Happy Hanukkah! 
*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/17

• @krashke I have always found colds while pregnant worse.  I think part of it is how limited you are on what you can take to make yourself feel better.  I hope you’re better by Christmas!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @krashke Ugh, i'm right there with you! And i feel like its not really going to go away until June :( Here's hoping we feel better soon!

Sorry I was MIA most of the week last week and weekend.  I had a lot going on not only in life but emotionally too.  Trying to catch up on all i missed :) 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sunshineandwhiskey I hope you're doing ok. I'm just a PM away if you need to talk. 
    *TW LC*

• @krashke same on pregnancy cold. Yesterday DH told me to rest and take it easy, so I definitely did that (other than when I scrubbed the tub and shower).

I'm starting to feel a little better.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @krashke I can tell my cold is minor compared to others I’ve had but it’s like it just makes me soooo much more tired. I think it just takes more energy to fight anything off since our immune systems are at a disadvantage. And yea, also can’t take a ton of different things (could really use some mucinex about now...) so there’s that. :(
  • @sunshineandwhiskey sending hugs. hope all is ok.

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Sorry for all you sick Mommas! Hope you all feel better soon! 

@sunshineandwhiskey ~ hope all is ok. *hugs* 
  • Not sure if it's the stress of Christmas catching up with me or pregnancy hormones or both but I've been an emotional hot mess all day starting with dropping DD off at school. After giving her my normal big hug and kiss goodbye and sending her off to her line, I couldn't keep it together. Cried almost the whole 35 minute drive to work. MH sent me a sweet text message at lunch, tears again. I thought my hormones had leveled off in the last month or so but not todayt! Anyone else?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm kinda struggling with figuring out how to make it through this 5 day work week.
  • @catlady1215 ugh I know! I have zero motivation and a laundry list of things that need to get done both at home and at work. Can I just take a nap now?
    *TW LC*

• @krashke I seriously texted SO before and told him I had Man Flu. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. 
  • @krashke @catlady1215 @BurlapandLace Thanks ladies <3 I really appreciate it 
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • August BMB's turn to try the ramzi theory post lol
  • @catlady1215 yeah I’ve been keeping my eye on that one too! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sunshineandwhiskey hope all is well, girl! 
  • Winter break starts on Friday, and school doesn't resume until the 3rd. I'm looking forward to 12 days off...even if I'll be at work grading my huge pile of papers half of them. 
  • Christmas is coming! @stephcat421 I'm overdue for highlights. I always wait so long people ask if I'm going for the ombre look. Feel better to the sick bumpies. Everyone else, wash your hands people! Hand foot and mouth is circulating in my county. I'm not normally a germaphobe but we are bathing in Purell daily. No sick kids on Christmas!
  • @blinnea23 I think I laughed and gasped at the same time. Hope tomorrow is an easier day for you.

Hope everyone who is feeling sick gets better quickly! I keep waiting to get hit, as everyone around me is sick. 

@Llamamama I got my hair done last week and definitely had an ombre look going on, but not a cute one. One of the girls in the salon asked where I've been because it has been so long and my hair dresser said  "well wherever she's been, it's certainly not been here. At least we know she wasn't cheating on us" :D

@stephcat421 that's so awesome that this group has brought you a peace of mind you'd otherwise not have. We really have a great bunch! It's so nice to not be alone through it all. 
  • @blinnea23 Nice bra! (?) I step on so many cheerios daily. DH and I agree stepping on a cheerio with shoes on is the most sickening crunching feeling.

@amys614 I've recently been using Sun-in and lightening shampoo to buy myself some time between appointments. (Super klassy.) It's pretty effective.
  • @megara5 yes to break!  I can not wait!! 
    @stephcat421 good for you!! and i'm glad you found some peace of mind here <3
    @blinnea23 oh good heavens.  As a STM this still terrifies me. 
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @amys614 I hope you don't mind I move the placenta talk here to this weeks thread :)

Having the two placentas didn't involve anything different for me as far as delivery only because DD was breech and stuck that way for the last like 6 weeks (I blame the lack of room from the placentas haha).  I couldn't do the ECV either because of the risks.  The umbilical cord was attached to the thin membrane between the two placentas too, so I was monitored A LOT from my 20 week scan (where they found it) to delivery.  MFM hadn't seen it much before, and really didn't know what to make of it, so I feel the extra monitoring was just to save their butts.  They also did not believe it was from a "vanishing twin" because then second placenta would've vanished.  Fun facts you don't learn until you're pregnant haha
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  •   @llamamama14 I'm a germaphobe to degree... colds etc, don't bother me. its the stomach stuff.. I cringe at the thought. for that reason only, as soon as my kid walks in the door from school I strip him down, walk him right in the bathroom and wash his arms/hands/face, and put his pjs back on him lol. he hates it :D  but I keep telling him he does nooot want to be sick for Christmas!! 2 more school days this wk to make it through.

@blinnea23 there's so many days where DS' play room is so scattered with toys that its spilling into the living room.. and I just leave it for the next day. yah he's old enough to clean it up but sometimes I don't even have the energy to fight with him over that lol.

• @krashke that’s a good man right there!!!
  • @sunshineandwhiskey yes! Thanks for moving the placenta talk. That's really fascinating. Glad everything went well despite your care team being unfamiliar.

@catlady1215 I am so with you on the stomach bug stuff. I get so much anxiety if I know I've been around someone who has a stomach bug. I used to have a fear of vomiting. Pregnancy has made me get over that real quick, but it still gives me the heebs. Thankfully I've only thrown up a few times. More of a random gagger here. 

@krashke round of applause for your hubby! 
  • @blinnea23 I just got so scared as a STM about how the cheerios mess never ends!  Right now DD is at the stage where she takes her food and throws in on the floor just to watch it fall.  DH and I step on so many cheerios on a daily basis AFTER cleaning the floors!  Cheerios and Legos are the downfalls of parents.

@krashke I'm so jealous of your DH's holiday party negotiations!  Enjoy your vacuum.

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @krashke I have a push sweeper that works well for Cheerio messes. It’s a constant battle here. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • Just getting over DDs first stomach bug.  I think we are well on our way to being fully recovered.  Fortunately she only puked twice the whole time (started Thursday) but she was having massive, yellow, liquid poops 6 times a day that exploded everywhere.  The carseat explosion was really fun...
  • @kmurdock925 ugh the worst!!  Glad she’s doing better now.  Hopefully everyone will be healthy for Christmas!
  • Random: but the idea of a "play room" baffles me. I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers, and I never had my own room until college. The idea that kids have their own bedrooms and additional rooms to just "play" is beyond me.
    When I first met DH he told me he wanted 5 kids and I told him there was absolutely no way they'd all come from me. Maybe if our parents were rich with a mansion my childhood would have been different, but I never wanted a lot of kids because my experience growing up.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • I have nothing against play rooms. I just never heard of them until probably 5 years ago. I'd certainly never seen one. As I stated I have 5 siblings (so there was 6 of us). There was no extra rooms.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • @BurlapandLace +1 to the play room.  We kinda have a combined play room/living room and its great.  Not only are her toys in one place, but she can safely play while I can keep an eye on her.  DD does have some books and random toys in her room, but since its upstairs we're only up there before bed or after bath.  We're definitely trying to do the sleep/play separation too :) 
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sunshineandwhiskey seems like we have the same set up! We have our living room/ playroom set up and we’re only upstairs for naps/ bed and bath. If I’m putting his clothes away upstairs he has a few toys and books he can play with in his room. But it makes keeping an eye on him downstairs sooooo much easier. Especially if I’m in the kitchen cooking I know he’s safe in his play area/the living room and I don’t have to worry. 
  • @krashke your husband did that RIGHT! I'm jelly. I really want a cordless dyson or a robot vacuum, but our apt isn't that big (duh, it's NYC; I can vacuum almost the entire house just by using the outlet in the center of the apt lol) to warrant a cordless, and DH is mortally opposed to robot vacuums because they're "mapping our lives for corporate America" or something. GO AHEAD! MAP MY APT! I DON'T CARE AS LONG AS YOU CLEAN IT! 
  • @BurlapandLace I dreaaaaam of having a house with a playroom for the kids. I grew up in a really, really (really, really) wealthy area, but I lived in a 2 bedroom 1 bath very small house and was not wealthy. I'm an only child, so I had my own room, but no playroom. Every single other kid I knew lived in a mansion (like, genuinely) with a playroom, and I was always so jealous. Now looking back I'm sure my mom was jealous too! lol. But alas, 2 bedroom 1 bath apt in NYC does not allow a playroom. I shall continue to cross my fingers that we can GTFO of this city... lol I can't even imagine the extent to which I'll lose my mind if I can't figure out a way to corral all the toys and junk if we have to stay.... 
  • @amys614 re: your question about placentas moving, is it possible you misread the scan? They can also note if the baby is posterior or anterior, so maybe they were saying baby was anterior on your first scan?