May 2018 Moms

Monday Bfest 12/18

We haven't had one of these for a while, so let's hear it.  Who's a bitch, or what do you want to bitch about?

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
Married June 2012
BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

Re: Monday Bfest 12/18

• Loading the player...
  • @sandbar517 that would bug the crap out of me. I had a similar situation with my wedding date. An acquaintance who is more a facebook friend picked the same wedding date as us and now I have to see her stupid updates every year on my anniversary. I also had to go to her wedding on my first anniversary.
  • sandbar517sandbar517 member
    edited December 2017
    @ivyvines6 Yeah, I think that's a little extreme.  Totally not even the same name.  
    @justsuzie Nettie is really cute!  I think part of the reason I'm so bummed is that I'm not overly attached to Natalie, either, it just happens to be the name of the two options MH suggested that I like better.  I'm still so set on Josephine, and he's still not budging even an inch, so I feel a little....overwhelmed that I can't have the name I really want, and now part of me feels like I can't use the "runner-up" either.  
    @cups4 IF this is a girl, and we still decide to use Natalie, I feel like it will be some consolation that even if other people think I stole it from her, she and I both know the truth.  I'm just getting frustrated because girls' names are very hard for me, I'm super picky, have a ton of girls in my family and MH's, and I feel like we're back at square one as far as finding one that we both like.  I just have to shelf it until Wednesday when we find out the sex, if baby cooperates.  And at this point, I'm thankful that this is the most "important" thing I have to worry about so far.  
    Edited for clarity

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @gildah, DS is John!  People better not have anything bad to say about it!  ;)  I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.  I think it's sweet to name your son after him!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @gildah eye roll at whoever said that.
  • @JNCPro3130 Cute name! I hope no one gives you a hard time on your crazy out there boys name!!
  • Mine is at my work.  I try very hard not to be a complainer, but today has me seeing red.  My boss just told me once again to not delegate as much.  Granted, I did put a decently big project on my assistant, but I was swamped.  This is the 3rd time this year I have been told to delegate less and it just irks me because while I am running ragged, puking at times, in pain, and doing a million things on top of that, my staff keeps complaining about how bored they are and how they need something to do.  Then I do ten million things all by myself and my boss tells me my work needs to be better quality.  When I have told her I couldn't do something she just said "sure you can, it's easy."  I just can't win for losing here!  I have people sneaking around doing things for me on the sly, and still they are bored with the amount of work.  It feels unfair to me.

@sandbar517 I agree the not saying it was on the list would annoy me so much.

@loko08 oh yeah that would bug me.  
    Jana Lynn
     Happily married since 5/24/2015  Momma of a baby Viking since 4/16, expecting #2 in 5/18
  • kpc914kpc914 member
    edited December 2017
    Everyone on one of my teams at work. A bunch of them went on vacation this week ( I was supposed to be on vacation as well), but i'm taking one for the team and working until at least EOD Wednesday.

also....tax reform. Mostly because the actual reform is BS.....but also because I am a public accountant (tax) and the reform has made us SOOOOOOOOO busy. Like stay at the office until 3am on a sunday night busy.  

ETA: I hate sharing our name choices with people (except you guys) for that exact reason. I am sorry you are dealing with that @sandbar517. Also, @gildah, I love the name John and love that you are honoring your uncle. So odd for someone to say "how about James" in response. I cannot roll my eyes enough at that one. 
  • @onesmallcoconut yes, I think you deserve a good cry. Sorry you has such a shitty day, tomorrow's another one so hopefully it will be better! 
  • @suchaglencoco glad it turned out alright in the end! 

@crazyliblady I'm sorry. I have no real advice but you have my full empathy on the situation. It sounds awful.

@sandbar517  I'd be pissed too. But it sounds like just venting and waiting a couple of days until the anatomy scan is the best plan. 

@gildah sounds like someone needs to just shut their mouth on names. John is awesome!
  • @theletlers I am SS this for my sanity. Thank you for writing this out SOOOO much. Our sitter does a letter a week with arts and crafts, books, foods, and activities like dot art corresponding to the letter of the week. They go to the library or nature conservation center daily and she is amazing. He knows his shapes, amimals, and can count to 15, and is working on his number and letter recognition.  I don't know why I have been obsessing over this, but I really appreciate your advice. So as long as he has a year and a half of it for 3 days a week at 4 you think that's ok? I REALLY appreciate your advice right now!!!!!
  • @cups4 I don't know how I missed your OP about preschool, but our girls will be 4 in May, and I think our current plan is to wait until the fall to enroll them in a preschool.  They've only ever been around family, have never gone to daycare, so I didn't think they were ready this past year.  But we are worried about the transition to kindergarten, so I would definitely like to get them in somewhere next year.  I've been battling my guilt about them not getting enough education-they can count and recognize shapes and animals, but are not really recognizing letters or numbers (other than A and H lol) so I worry that they'll be behind once they get to preschool.  We've been playing Go Fish to try and teach them numbers, we put their letter magnets up on the fridge, and I've been more cognizant of pointing out letters and numbers to them and trying to go over them with them a little more than we have in the past.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @theletlers I freaking love you so much right now. Thank you for your insight and knowledge.