January 2018 Moms

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maueraa07 my MIL got DS a xylophone last year for Christmas. I think he played with it once. She came for Thanksgiving this year and tried to get him to play with it, but he has absolutely zero interest in it :D Sorry MIL, not sorry.
  • Options
    @Cricket99 lucky! DS is obsessed! He gets this look of pure joy when he's pounding on it that I'm almost not annoyed. But my sister recently informed me that my parents got him a drum set toy for Christmas... perfect. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 it sounds like your husband is lucky to be alive. Hopefully that was his last hoorah before this little guy gets here. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @maueraa07 hahaha nope, that's a "Grandma's house" toy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    @conineml I've always referred to those obnoxiously large stuffed animals as "trash you can't throw away." Glad you dodged the bullet lol. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @maueraa07 my sister asked if she could get one of those Fisher Price poppers for DD for Christmas. I told her sure, but I'd be shipping it right back to her for DD to play with when we visit them. I hate loud toys so much!!
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 I know!!!  Mimi would totally notice if it wasn't around the next time she came over...Random toys or clothes you can get away with them being "put away" or "in the wash" but that thing...There's no hiding it lol
  • Options
    burnsmommy27burnsmommy27 member
    edited December 2017
    All of DDs favorite toys are loud and make a shit ton of noise. Recently she needs to turn them all on at the same time. It drives me nuts. @maueraa07 my mom got DD a music set for christmas. She did ask if she could get it but I'm already dreading it. Maybe it will be an in her room only toy.

@EmilyLove25 I do not understand the logic there at all. Not get drunk one night because you could have a baby then get wasted the next. 

ETA: forgot my BFM, my back is killing me. I'm glad I only have 4.5 more hours of work today.
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 responsible one night and irresponsible the next. I'd be a little pissed. Hopefully, that was his last hurrah and fortunately you did not go into labor. Last time DH was that bad was before Thanksgiving and luckily we stayed at my parents (it was him and my brothers). As we've gotten closer to due date he rarely drinks.
  • Options
    I also have a shirt and a purse my MIL gave me that are "always in the wash" though I've never used either (and maaaaaay have already donated the shirt)

Felt sick/crud all week. Woke up this morning super congested, sore body, throat and ear ache... the whole 9 yards.

MIL is in the hospital (again) ((this is like an every few weeks thing, she has c-diff...again)) and wants us to come see her tomorrow after a painting workshop I'm hosting near the hospital. No. No I don't wanna be in a hospital, 8 months pregnant during cold and flu season. I told DH he can drive over during my workshop and see her but I won't be going. She's already talking about "what if" she's in the hospital when I give birth and how to get permission to get over to L&D... I want her to share in the joy too but not if you're sick or have infections with a newborn! Luckily the hospital has all but told her no...
  • Options
    @BrandedCowgirl92 it's sooo nice when other people can be the asshole for you lol I'd be the same way but would also not really want to tell her no because then I would have to deal with her feelings and I just don't want to!  At least now it's not "your fault" and there is a medical, valid reason she has to keep that infection to herself!  MBF (because I forgot earlier):  potentially have a 2 hr meeting this afternoon with the fed counterparts for our job to "get on the same page"  Reality:  This is their problem to deal with, their contract, their plan...but the city counterparts for the job are upset so they want us to be the middle man and make them happy.  My thoughts:  Your problem you created, you deal with it...so it's just going to be me sitting there while people that make way more money than me decide things and then I have to deal with whatever they decide.  Can we just skip the meeting part and yall just let me know the decision and I'll deal with it then...
  • Options
    @BrandedCowgirl92 stay far away! C-diff can be super contagious and probably the last thing you want right now! Also if she does come around hands need to be washed with soap and water, hand sanitizer isn't good enough for c-diff! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @BrandedCowgirl92 If C-diff is super contagious then I wouldn't let DH go either. What if he gets it and brings it to you?
  • Options
    So my MBF today is one of my employees.  My boss and I are the #1 and #2 on our contract here and we have an admin assistant that reports into both of us.  She has always been a little "off" but she is really good at her job and has the reporting aspect of our contract down to a science.  Her attention to detail is pretty ridiculous as well, but she has some other character flaws that we were trying to work through.  A lot of the deliverables necessary for my maternity leave were going to be handled by her.  Well last week she calls out sick for three straight days, but calls out ahead of time.  Like on Wednesday calls out and says she isn't coming back for the whole week.  During this time we discovered that a gift card slated for our Toys for Tots donation is missing and we call her to ask her where it is.  She had the audacity to get snippy with my boss on the phone after saying it was in her drawer (but it should have been in the envelope already sealed with the other (3) gift cards for Toys for Tots).  The gift card was for $20 and she makes a pretty decent salary for her work as an admin, so the thought of her stealing something so minimal is CRAZY to us.  We put it on the back burner for the most part and then today we get to work and SHE'S NOT HERE.  No call, no show.  Hasn't answered any texts, phone calls, e-mails, etc.  She is currently AWOL with a company laptop, access keys and codes and an EXTREMELY important security badge.  I legit just can't believe it and have no idea how someone can just abandon their job.  Plus we have our huge monthly meeting on Thursday of which she has all the documents on her laptop and she didn't upload any of them to the Dropbox like she was supposed to.  So I went from being totally okay with going out on maternity leave to now uneasy because she was going to help my boss with things in my absence.  Ugh so annoyed! And honestly WHO does that right before the holidays at a job that has awesome perks and not a whole ton of responsibility?! And if she was super young maybeeee just maybe I would understand the lack of professionalism, but she is (29) years old.  What gives?! Longest rant over. :( 
  • Options
    @jaclyn0405 to get so defensive over $20...yikes! Something is not right there.
  • Options
    @jakobaby omg I know right?! We knew she was a little different, but honestly the two of us are floored right now.  I totally just don't understand it.  Not that this matters, but she also weighs I would say a solid 100 lbs. soaking wet, but refused to order our uniform polos and fleeces in her actual size.  I gave her one of my L polos and took her M because she said it was too tight.  I wore it two weeks ago with my belly and it still fit.  And when we went to order fleeces, she requested a 2XL and my boss was like yah that would be way too big, so we compromised on a XL.  I assume that means that something is wrong there? Lord we don't even know and Lord knows I do not need this stress right before having a baby.

I can't!
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 I'm so right there with you with DH. Love the guy, but I have no idea how one minute he is reading me my Hypnobabies scripts and doing dishes so I can get off my feet (i.e., dream husband), and the next hour he is playing this stupid PS4 (that my dumb ass TOLD him to get because I felt so bad our social life has become nonexistent) and freaking out at me a few hours later (at 1am when I ask him if he might want to come to bed since he has to leave for work at 6:30 and we have afternoon doctor appts and a birth class today). I feel like I'm seriously way less hormonal than he is right now (his parents live abroad and they haven't been that active with what's going on with us and LO and it's bothering him a lot). I just don't understand the inconsistency with either of our DHs though.

I also have to say that I cannot imagine having a hangover like that with a baby and a pregnant wife...so maybe he felt regret from his decision in his own way? 

I could also really go for a cocktail right now.
  • Options
    @jaclyn0405 Sounds like she has some issues she needs to work through in her personal life. That is so frustrating right before your maternity leave. I hope you are able to get everything back from her.
  • Options
    Thanks @kelk5! I am super bummed because of the timing, but there isn't much I can do about that I guess, ugh! I hope that we are able to get everything back as well otherwise who we work for will go after her for it and I really don't want it to turn ugly like that.  
  • Options
    @cyanope I'm with you. We had planned to go for a long walk yesterday to hopefully bring on labor but we were both too tired from the week because we didn't have Saturday to recover. So, now I'm at work.
  • Options
    Yeah, we went on a long walk last night to look at Christmas lights with my family, @kelk5. Still nothing! 
  • Options

@libbberty  YES to the inconsistency… and honestly, playing the games would drive me mad, though I will say that once the newborn is here… well, DH played a LOT of this dumb game on his phone but it worked because he could hold the baby while he did it… so who knows? Also, yes! His hangover was so bad you could tell he regretted how much he drank, lol. DESERVED.

@jaclyn0405 Could she be a drug user? The low weight and possible theft…? The secrets people keep are unreal. Sorry you have this added stress, ugh!

@cyanope  Instead of losing it, I did the “don’t say anything and let the reality of the situation settle in…” aka he can sense what an idiot he is. I just wash an EXTRA good mom etc. yesterday to rub it in his face, lol. Also I can’t believe you aren’t in labor yet! 

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @cyanope as I've mentioned we are due a day apart, I've been following you hoping when you go I'll be right there behind you, but I had my appointment today and haven't even started dialating yet!! I was also hoping to not have to work starting this week, but looks like my other wish of baby coming after Christmas is going to be more likely
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 you know what!? I never even thought of that and you could be SO RIGHT! I feel like you just made me have an epiphany because it would make total sense.  And yah the added stress blows and I am basically over it, ugh!   Also your DH, ugh! My FI had a couple nights this pregnancy that he got that wasted and I was like seriously?! He is also 36 about to be 37.  He did confess though to him getting it out of his system and he has been pretty perfect ever since.  Maybe that was his last hoorah!
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25, right?!?
    @TInman87, I have an appointment today too, and I WILL be requesting a cervical check, so we'll see where I'm at. I also said initially that I wanted to have the LO the week AFTER Christmas, so that I wouldn't have to be an I-just-had-a-baby-zombie, so maybe I should stick to that wish too?? 
  • Options
    2 people have come into my cube/office today either telling me they are sick and I should not get close to them or telling me their husband/family members are sick and they are just waiting until they inevitably get it and will have to cancel their christmas plans...WHY are you in my office then??  Keep your illness over there not in my breathing space!  And why come tell me to avoid you because your sick when you could have just avoided me...
  • Options
    I’m over today. We are supposed to go to a Low intervention birth class tonight. It’s also one of the only evenings We have to start getting the donation pile (aka 2/3 of our garage) boxed up so the handyman and I can get stuff to the top of our driveway on Thursday (DH works till 1030 that night and won’t be home to help) so Salvation Army can pick it all up and take it away on Friday. 
    I woke up nauseated, with killer reflux and contractions at 4am and have just felt super uncomfortable all day long, the last thing I want to do is get on the floor and practice stretching with a bunch of strangers. 

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Options
    @JuliaGoolia719 Totally agree with you about the classes. I'm on my last one tonight (Breastfeeding) and i reeeeaaally wish i wasn't going b/c i'm so tired. After 4 childbirth classes and 1 newborn class, I'm ready to be done with going to class after a long day at work!
  • Options
    @gilsam1 we do breastfeeding on Wed and then we’re done. I. Can’t. Wait. 
    Tomorrow night DH suggested I pull up
    a chair in the garage and direct him packing boxes before his Christmas party so hopefully we’ll get everything done on the to do list for this week!

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Options
    maueraa07 said:
    @Cricket99 lucky! DS is obsessed! He gets this look of pure joy when he's pounding on it that I'm almost not annoyed. But my sister recently informed me that my parents got him a drum set toy for Christmas... perfect. 
    My sister got DS a drum set toy too!!! We are in for it. Save us. :D
  • Options
    @conineml I feel you. Someone brought a sick kid to my house on Sunday. Someone else asked what was wrong with the kid and was told, "It's not whooping cough." They then asked if they'd brought the sick kid to the doctor... nope. Umm, not to be rude, but please get out of my house.  I felt like a total asshole when the kid went to give me a hug goodbye and I just waved and covered back up with my blanket, but I am not going to hug a sick kid who hasn't been to the doctor. NOPE.
  • Options
    @lmmjd it keeps happening!  Today I got this from a coworker:
    Coworker: I had to leave work early because my husband came home with the death flu
    Me: I'm sorry what?  Your husband has the flu
    Coworker:  Well I don't know.  He thinks so  but he didn't go to the doctor.  He had a really high fever though.

GET THE HELL OUT OF MY OFFICE!!!  Seriously 8.5 months pregnant, don't come near me with your possible flu/strep/whooping cough/whatever.