Babies on the Brain

Weekly Chat 12/17

CecilB93CecilB93 member
edited December 2017 in Babies on the Brain
Well...it's been a little quiet here the last few days! 

What are you looking forward to this week?

What are you dreading? 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? 

Random thoughts?

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas (or other winter holiday) memory?
DS1 born 2/28/16
DS2 due 12/12/18

Re: Weekly Chat 12/17

• What are you looking forward to this week?
    The weekend  :D

What are you dreading? 
    Well, DS apparently has hand foot and mouth, so I'm keeping him home tomorrow. Hoping it doesn't get worse!! Also, finishing up Christmas shopping.

Finally sew our Christmas pj pants  :#

Random thoughts?
    So when I bought fabric for said Christmas pants, apparently I had a blonde moment and got no where near enough! I managed to find an extra 1.8 yards at my JoAnn's store, so I can make DHs pants, DSs pants, and probably shorts for me. Which works out because I'm not a huge fan of long pants when I sleep, I get hot and don't like the feel of them twisting around my legs. Making myself shorts just means I have to shave my legs lol

GTKY: I came up with the question and don't even know what to say, haha. I'm gonna go with most Christmases before year 2003. My family was whole during this time of year. My cousins were in town, no one had passed away at that point, my grandparents house was full. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

This may sounds weird, but wrapping gifts. I find it therapeutic. Also looking forward to just relaxing before the holiday weekend. Also, DH and I are going to go see the new Star Wars on Friday! We haven’t been to the movies in a long time. 

What are you dreading? 
    Trying to get through the week of work. 

I met my goal of getting Christmas shopping done, so hoping to have everything wrapped by Friday. 

Random thoughts?
    Um, can’t think of much now!

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas (or other winter holiday) memory?

My favorite memory is of playing with a stuffed nativity set and “acting out” the story of Christmas with all the characters. That set got lost in a move and DH was so sweet that he found the old sewing pattern on eBay and hired a sweet old lady to sew it for me two years ago. The fabric/pattern was from the late 80’s, which was truly a miracle! I’m so excited for DS to play with it when he’s old enough to not just want to eat it. 
  • Loading the player...
    Work secret Santa exchange. I hear the gifts get risqué.

What are you dreading? Work. I’m pretty sure I have some sort of sinus/ear infection. Chills, weak, body aches, ear pain... this is my second weekend in a row sick and I only have 1.5 sick days left. If I don’t feel immensely better tomorrow I’m canceling my massage (massage and body aches not a good combo) and getting my ass to the doctor.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Feel better.

Random thoughts?

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas (or other winter holiday) memory? As a teenager my younger sisters and I used to get Disneyland/ CA adventure annual passes. I miss playing hookey and going to Disneyland for the day.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @CecilB93 sorry to hear about HFM! That can be nasty. Hoping you're all symptom free for Christmas!

@Wishilivedinflorida I also love wrapping gifts! Though I have to admit I'm a little overwhelmed at the amount I have left to wrap this year.

@meggyme Oh man I wish I lived close enough to Disney to be able to get an annual pass! I bet you've made the most amazing memories there.

What are you looking forward to this week? Finishing up work for the Holidays! I have a lot to get done but the break is much needed! 

What are you dreading? The amount I have to do before I clue up until Jan 3rd. Plus I'm really sick today so having to work through it is a huge pain in the ass. 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week?  Finish wrapping a butt-load of gifts. Plus one more gift to pick up on Saturday when I do my Christmas groceries and one more to pick up after work one day.

Random thoughts? I hate being sick. and I'm frustrated with not knowing my cycle and having no idea when I might O and not wanting to miss a good opportunity so I'm having soo much sex. Good news is being off BC actually increases my sex drive. 

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas (or other winter holiday) memory? I have so many! The year I met H, we had a date right before he flew home on Dec 23. We built a gingerbread house and watched a Christmas movie. We talked all Christmas. He flew home early to see me again and we started officially dating in January. Now every year on Christmas eve we build a gingerbread house and watch that same movie! 
  • @wishilivedinflorida and @kristah2 you guys want to wrap my gifts?? I'm not good at it and neither is DH, haha. I've never cared too much, but now BILs new wife is super into wrapping and making her own amazing bows, so I feel like our presents look like crap, haha. 

@Kristah2 thanks. Woke up this morning to no new blisters (only a couple on hands/arms and a few spots around the outside of his mouth), so he may be okay to go back to daycare tomorrow, depending on their rules. He got it from another kid there, and since it's contagious before anyone even knows the kid has it, idk if keeping him home is doing much good anyways. It's not in his throat, just a few spots on the sides of his mouth, so he's acting 100% normal and fine.

@meggyme hope you feel better!! So neat that you got passes to Disneyworld! I've never been and I'm 24, I plan to go when we're done having kids and they're old enough to enjoy it!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 thanks. I got some antibiotics prescribed. And I’m true mom fashion, my sick day has turned into a day of errands... but now the dog is bathed and had a check up. I hope your LO starts to feel better. MH had HFM a couple months ago and he was miserable, both in health/mood and for everyone around him. 
  • @CecilB93 So sorry about the HFM! That's awful! I hope your sewing goes well and so does your leg shaving! :D I hate shaving in the winter. And send your gifts my way! If professional wrapping was a thing (maybe it is, who knows?) I would totally do it! I think it would be a fun side job some day when I'm old.

@meggyme I hope you feel better soon with the antibiotics! This time of year sucks for illness...everything goes around and it's such an inconvenient time to be ill. I am dying to know what you get at the risque gift exchange!

@kristah2 +1 to not knowing my cycle. Dummy me thought that since my cycle returned it would be "just like before." Not so. And now I'm in a TWW I wasn't necessarily planning on this month due to poor BC measures on my part. :#  And I just love your and DH's tradition! That's so romantic and sweet.

• What are you looking forward to this week?  Work Secret Santa and birthday party for my work bestie, wrapping gifts and finishing the last of the decorating, and most of all - getting to the end so I can have a glorious 4 day Christmas weekend :)

What are you dreading? I have to make one more trip out into the shopping crowds to get a couple of gifts. I have a few people that I always get baked goods for from a local bakery that is awesome, and I wait til the last minute on those so they'll be nice and fresh. It's a nice tradition but I hate fighting the crowds there!

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Just finishing up Christmas preparations, and keeping up with yoga, which I'm proud to say I actually did okay with last week! Haha.

Random thoughts? We aren't even at Christmas yet and I've already turned into a raging sugar addict. So many delicious sweet things!! Once I start I crave them constantly!

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas (or other winter holiday) memory? I remember several times when I was a kid (like age 7-10 or so), I woke up at like 4am on Christmas because I was too excited to sleep. I knew I shouldn't wake my parents up that early but I would sneak downstairs and check out all my Santa gifts (my parents didn't wrap the ones from Santa) then go back to bed! It was fun feeling like I was getting a "sneak peek" at my gifts.

@Wishilivedinflorida I love the story of your nativity scene! That is so sweet!

@CecilB93 Poor DS! Hope he gets better fast. At least it sounds like he's not feeling too bad from it.

@meggyme Hope those antibiotics kick in fast and get you feeling better. It is rough being sick this time of year with so much to do... and especially being sick for that long!

@kristah2 Hope you feel better soon. Your Christmas Eve tradition with DH is adorable!
  • @Wishilivedinflorida I work with a bunch of old men (mostly retired sailors) and I’ve heard some stories about previous years. I got a cookbook called “50 ways to eat cock” a bunch of chicken recipes, so we will see how it goes over.
  • @meggyme omg that's something I need to get DH!! I'll have to look for it!

@Wishilivedinflorida I feel like proffesional gift wrapping may be a thing? You could probably make decent money this time of year doing it!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Thanks for the well wishes! I took today off work and went to a walk in. I have strep throat. I’m misserable and I think I’ll be out this month because I have Od yet and H definitely won’t HIO with me being so contageous.. even if I did scrape together the energetic. 
  • @kristah2 oh no! I hope you feel better soon. Maybe being sick will delay your o until you’ve recovered a bit.

Im a bit disappointed with the work secret Santa. Everyone told me crazy stories about years past and it ended up being an alcohol exchange and my 1 off-color present.
  • @meggyme That's super disappointing! I think your gift was hilarious!

Ugh @kristah2 sorry to hear about the strep. It's definitely not fun. DH and I have been known to have "business only" HIO sessions when TTC #1 that lasted less than five minutes and involved keeping most of our clothes on and no kissing. We may or may not have had guests in the house for a Super Bowl party one time... :# I hope you feel better soon and hope you get to hit the FW at least once!
  • @CecilB93 I hope your DS is feeling better! How're the pajamas going?

@Wishilivedinflorida I also find wrapping gifts therapeutic. My mom always had me help wrap everyone else's in high school and beyond. Your stuffed nativity sounds adorable!

@meggyme I'm sorry the gift exchange didn't go the way it had in the past! How're you feeling? Any better? Also, very few things are better than spending the day at a Disney park.

@kristah2 I know your comment about Disney wasn't directed at me, but I can definitely say that living close enough to have a pass is wonderful. Especially since I don't have to pay for my pass, lmao. Enjoy all the sex! Hopefully you'll get everything taken care of for work :) Your Christmas memory with YH is absolutely adorable. I hope you feel better! Strep isn't a good time at all.

@diaphena Does that bakery take pre-orders? I know it wouldn't be useful for this year, but it'd probably be good to find out for next year! I definitely understand the sugar cravings once you start on it, btw.

What are you looking forward to this week? DH and I are probably gonna go see Star Wars at some point this week. We were gonna go today, but my anxiety put paid to that idea. Also, my work secret "snowman" (instead of secret Santa, since we have people of assorted faiths and no faith at our location). I still have to pick up my gift for my person, but I'm gonna do that on Thursday when I get paid.

What are you dreading? Paying the rest of the bills. We also still haven't received the estimate from the insurance about our car. The guy who hit us hasn't given them his statement, despite it being a week and a half ago, so we're a little irked.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Well, the last of our laundry is in the washer right now. And it's all put away. So that's good.

Random thoughts? I had the re-do of my pelvic CT this morning. So much fun.

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas (or other winter holiday) memory? Pre-DH: My paternal grandparents lived in northern Wisconsin, about eight hours north of us. One year (I don't remember when), we drove up on the morning of Christmas Eve and surprised them. My grandmother was so shocked that she started crying. Post-DH: When we decorated our first tree together. We didn't have a tree topper (still don't), so we used a pair of Mickey ears. He also dropped one of my ornaments and it broke. It was a Pocahontas ornament, and her waist snapped in half and her foot broke off. After he glued her waist, I asked when he was going to glue her foot and somehow asked when he was going to finish fixing Hocapontas.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_ he's fine, thank you! Went back to daycare today with a doctors note, luckily he only gets a couple small blisters with HFM that go away quickly. And I've got DH and DSs pants all done except the elastic! Just have to do that and mine, but it shouldn't take much longer. I felt like complete sh*t today though and didn't want to do anything when I got home from work. Soaking in the tub now because of sore/stiff muscles (no idea why), but getting out soon. Sore throat, swollen lymph node, headache, slight nausea, super cold (but not quite chills), cramps...not sure what's wrong but I don't like it  :s
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Aaaand OF COURSE I would make my first impression on this board by posting in the previous week's weekly chat... Doh!

Copied and pasted my post!
    Since I'm "new" here I won't meddle in anybody's posts until you get acquainted with me more, but hello ladies! I posted on the intro thread to get my name out there 

What are you looking forward to this week?
    Christmas Break! Today was the kiddo's last day of school until the 4th.

What are you dreading? 
    Dealing with my aunt panicking about Christmas dinner until it happens- because worrying is what she does, even though everything is under control haha

Get the littles enrolled in early head start before this next semester begin. I have applications filled out for two schools, so FX one can fit them out.

Random thoughts?
    My life is a compilation of random thoughts...

GTKY: What's your favorite winter activity?
    Staying inside and baking! I love sweets, and being warm 
  • Haha no worries @AllyTheKid!! And I also love sweets and being warm  :D I like to bake and cook but my kitchen is so small, it sucks to do anything. When we move (likely in a few years) I'm wanting to get a place with a bigger kitchen with more counter space!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 My kitchen is tiny too, but I just gravitate towards it and MUST bake! Haha
  • Well, realized late last night that none of us started a Waiting Room Wednesday post...oops  :D
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• I almost did BUT, I didn't want to throw off the dynamic if the threads are designated
  • No, we pretty much just post as needed :) 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Don't worry about throwing off dynamics! We don't have specific people starting specific threads, mostly whoever gets there first. I think a few of us are the ones who typically start certain threads, but not assigned by any means! I've been trying to do Waiting Room Wednesday lately but this week has been too busy for me with Christmas! I'm sure it's the same for most which is why the board has been a bit slower than normal.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Yeah, I know the schedule here has been crazy between Christmas prep, the inlaws visiting, and this cold I can’t seem to kick.