February 2018 Moms

EDD 18th-24th | 31 Weeks!

So many milestones this week! We are going to hit 31 weeks pregnant, single digit weeks to go (only 9), and the date will be 2 months out from our EDDs! 63 days to go!

1) Which day is your EDD?
2) How are you feeling? 
3) Any appointments this week? 
4) Rants/Raves/Questions? 
5) GTKY: Who are you inviting to be with you during labor and/or at delivery? Any other visitor rules for your hospital stay or early days back home?

Re: EDD 18th-24th | 31 Weeks!

• 1) Which day is your EDD?
    Monday the 19th, so I hit 31 weeks today and 2 months to go tomorrow.

2) How are you feeling? 
    My left hip keeps locking up. I go to the chiropractor for my SI joint and it's great for about 3 days, but then it oscillates back and forth multiple time a day between okay and painful until my next appt. (Which is once a week now.)  In general, everything can be summed up as large and tired.

Nope. They don't schedule low risk, standard appts over the holiday, so I don't go back until the 4th.

Anyone ask about internals yet? I have had a different OB every pregnancy, but I think those are offered once appts go weekly? I am always curious to know if things are changing up there.  (I know some refuse, but I don't personally find them painful unless membranes are stripped.)

5) GTKY: Who are you inviting to be with you during labor and/or at delivery? Any other visitor rules for your hospital stay or early days back home?
    My parents are allowed to stop back if it's a lull in labor, but only DH can stay for the majority of labor and exclusively him for the birth.  No one is allowed to visit the new baby until his siblings get to come and then people can come in when I am not nursing. 

With my first I was just mobbed non-stop with visitors in and out of the hospital, so I now make sure to set out guidelines that visitors are to call ahead of time. That usually does the trick because they know if I don't answer, it's not a good time.
    Feb 20

2) How are you feeling? 
    ok, starting to feel large. I'm having a bit of ankle and foot swelling if I'm not careful to get my feet up during the day. Also I am pretty sure my days as an innie are numbered. 

nope, I don't go back until the 29th

anyone else have miles-long to do lists that they are trying to ignore? :/
    also DH wants to pack his own hospital bag but was not interested in hearing about any suggestions for what to put in. So we'll see how that goes :D

DH is the only one I want with me during labor and delivery. I hadn't really thought any more about visitors after that as long as people don't care that I may kick them out to sleep or nurse. Hopefully we won't be in the hospital that long, and I think family will be tag-teaming care for our dogs while we are there. For home, I'm fine with family coming as long as they don't expect a clean house or to be fed/entertained and they don't mind being given something to do. I'm figuring I'll be lucky if I'm wearing pants in the first week or two, let alone showered and able to hold a coherent conversation.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) Which day is your EDD? 2/18
    2) How are you feeling? carpel tunnel is bad in the morning, but thankfully gets better throughout the day. I feel like I could sleep from now until February.
    3) Any appointments this week? Next appointment is 12/28.
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Has anyone been told about how big their baby is? We had a growth ultrasound last Monday and were told baby girl was 3 lb 7 oz and that she was in the 46th percentile.  I know ultrasounds are not super reliable for weight, but 3 lb 7 oz seemed big to me for 30 weeks! 
    My husband will definitely be with me during labor and delivery, possibly my mom as well.  Both sets of our parents live about 4 hours away so we plan to call them when we're admitted to the hospital. My mom and I are very close, so there's a good chance I'll want her there for l&d as well, but I'm going to play it by ear, and she's fine with that.  Both parents will stay in a nearby hotel or our apartment guest suite if it's available for a few days to meet their granddaughter, and then my mom will stay on for an additional week to help us out.  
  • @caitb13 we had a follow up u/s on Friday and she was 3lb 9oz, measuring in the 52nd percentile. They said she was right on track for 30wks 4 days.
    EDD Feb. 20. RCS scheduled for Feb. 13. Could go earlier if my BP starts going up (it did a little at my last appointment). 

2) How are you feeling? 
    Still feeling pretty ok. After work is when my body aches the most. A healthy dose of Tylenol before bed and I’m usually good to go for the next day. 

Nope. This is my week off. I’ll be in next week. 

Nada!

Since I’m having a RCS, it will just be DH. My mom will be staying at our house to watch DD (will be 23, nearly 24 months at the time). Once we are all settled with the newborn, then we will accept visitors. I’ll probably let DH call his parents when we are in recovery. They then have a 2 hour drive (if MIL doesn’t work...). So who knows when they will make it up. Anyway, my mom will be staying with us for a while since I won’t be able to pick up DD. 
  • 1) Which day is your EDD? Feb. 20

2) How are you feeling? for the most part, pretty good!  I get some abdominal and back pain late in the day if I have been carrying my 16-month-old bending over a lot, but the heating pad and Tylenol have helped.  Lungs are starting to feel crowded, as I noticed today when I became out of breath talking at a meeting. 

3) Any appointments this week?  not until my 32 week appointment next week

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? my doctor reminded us last week that the due date really is just an estimate (and moreso than my previous babies) because I had a late confirmation ultrasound (12.5 weeks!) and had irregular periods before getting pregnant.  DD was induced 41w1d and my water broke with DS at 38 weeks.  It's just starting to hit me that we really have no idea when this baby will come! 

My mom was with me, in addition to DH, during both of my previous labors.  I'd love for her to be there again this time, but I think she'll be needed to watch DD and DS.  Other than grandparents, we haven't had many visitors to the hospital.  Any who do come have called/ texted to check on a good time to arrive, so it has been really manageable.  Once we are home, we like to keep visitors to just immediate family for the first few weeks.  With this being a winter baby, I'm especially sensitive to illness exposure, so we're hoping to create a healthy bubble around this lil guy for the first 3-4 weeks.

• 1) Which day is your EDD? Feb. 18
    2) How are you feeling? Pretty good! I started taking Zantac daily for the heartburn and acid reflux, which has helped immensely. 
    3) Any appointments this week? Checkup on Thursday.
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? I posted this in the weekly random thread, but it deserves another mention - our wedding photographer offered to do a newborn shoot for a $100 donation to charity! 
    DH and our doula for sure. Beyond that, I think it will largely depend on the time of delivery (i.e. night vs. day), how we're feeling afterwards and who is sick with what. I think grandparents and siblings are a given at some point while in the hospital if they're not sick. I don't want MIL waiting at the hospital, which she has mentioned doing, so DH will be under strict instructions not to tell her we're even at the hospital until the baby is born.
  • @caitb13 I haven't yet.
    @ldawngirl781 your photographer sounds awesome!
    Monday the 19th.  
    2) How are you feeling? 
    I’m feeling very pregnant.  For the most part I feel okay.  Normal aches and pains and I’ve given up on sleeping more than 2-4 hours at a time.  
    Tomorrow for the routine pee in a cup and measure the belly
    The Bump vegetable comparisons are super silly.  Today he’s 3 pounds worth of asparagus lol. 
    DH is the only one invited into the delivery room.  Afterwards we are planning no hospital visitors but family and friends are welcome to visit once we are home.

With DS1 and DS2 we had some issues with some family hanging around too long, not taking hints to leave when the nurses came in or when I was trying to breastfeed.  

As for rules for visiting at home, holding the baby does not equal helping.  
    2/19 with an rcs scheduled 2/26

2) How are you feeling? 
    Huge! My lungs are getting crowded and I've sworn off steps. My sciatica is better since work gave me a closer parking spot with a note from my doctor (used to have to walk 3/4 of a mile from my assigned space).

nope

My basement reno is almost finished! Sheet rock went up yesterday, and mudding/taping tomorrow. All that's left after new years is the small bathroom, doors, and trim! 

Our hospital has a 2 person limit with only one being allowed to spend the night. DH will definitely be there and maybe my twin sister for the labor.  She's going to be trying for a baby after the new year, so the exposure is probably good for her. My in-laws stopped by during labor with my first to bring DH food, but they didn't want to intrude and didn't stay long. 

I'm trying for a vbac but have a rcs scheduled a week out, so it depends on what happens. Only one support person is allowed in the operating room, and that will be DH.

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• 1) Which day is your EDD? Feb 22

2) How are you feeling? I’ve been getting out of breath super easily lately. Other than that feeling pretty good.

3) Any appointments this week? Nothing this week.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? DS and I are fighting off nasty head colds. This is the most congested he’s ever been and my heart just breaks seeing him so miserable - however I am savoring all the snuggles and sleeping on me. That never happens any more.

DH and my sister will be with me for delivery. I’m not sure about visitors in the hospital. I’m open to grandparents and my aunt and cousins who I’m very close with but I don’t know how to say only for a short time. DS was adopted from out of state so we had a 72 hour stay in the hospital just DH and I with him and i loved every second of our alone time. 
  • 1) Which day is your EDD? 2/20
    2) How are you feeling? stressed about work and the to-do list, but other than that physically really good, but maybe exhausted
    3) Any appointments this week? yep tomorrow for just the routine weight and measurement
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? With all the stress at work I am getting the pat on the head of your just emotional because your preganant, because in no way could it just be that my colleagues are being idiots. 
    For L&D just DH. I am happy it will be another memory of just the two of us becoming three. For visitors at hospital we are playing it by ear because the postpartum rooms are tiny unless we pay for the upgrade. So it will depend on if we decide to splurge for guests, maybe we can charge guests for admission, pay by the minute? 
  • 1) Which day is your EDD? 2/22 with RCS scheduled at 39 weeks on 2/15
    2) How are you feeling? Tired and huge. 
    3) Any appointments this week? Next Thursday. Get my tdap booster then and start growth/amniotic fluid scans then.
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? I just have to rave about my husband. He's being so awesome about everything and making sure I can rest and stay relaxed.
    Only DH during delivery. We'll be in the hospital 3 nights at least and DD will be staying with my dad so he'll bring her down to the hospital to meet her brother. I think MIL will come down to visit too or she might wait until we get home but that's it. I don't want a flurry of people around me for a few weeks unless they want to help cook dinner and clean house rather than just hold the baby.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

Feb 21st, RCS Jan 31 at 37 weeks due to cholestasis 
    2) How are you feeling? 
    The heartburn is slowly coming. Starting to feel large and I get tired easily but no huge complaints. 
    Next week, BPP and OB. I have a 4D ultrasound today, but that’s just for fun. :-) 
    I’m a teacher and I couldn’t be more ready for Christmas Break! I have so much to do to get ready for baby. It’s starting to stress me out. 
    RCS, so just my DH at delivery. I haven’t really had the conversation with family yet, but I don’t mind if our parents come in for the day to see us in the hospital. A few close friends would also be welcome since I’ll be there a few days. I just want to make sure anyone coming is healthy. My mom will be staying with us for a while to help out with our 2.5 year old DS. She might stay with me at night at the hospital because my DH is 6’8” and I need him rested. The hospital couch doesn’t quite cut it for him. And that would help out having him home at nights with our son. 
  • For those of you who don’t want visitors in the hospital or at least want to limit the time they spend there, how do you say that gently? No one was there for DS when he was born so I know my whole family will want to be there this time and my hospital has no regulations on visitation. 
  • rainafire77rainafire77 member
    edited December 2017
    For those of you who don’t want visitors in the hospital or at least want to limit the time they spend there, how do you say that gently? No one was there for DS when he was born so I know my whole family will want to be there this time and my hospital has no regulations on visitation. 
    Is tell people that the hospital recommends you use your time in the hospital to rest and recover and you will happily be ready for guests at home at a certain time. If they insist on going to the hospital, either don't tell them when you go into labor or tell the nurses you don't want visitors and they will play bouncer for you.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• For those of you who don’t want visitors in the hospital or at least want to limit the time they spend there, how do you say that gently? No one was there for DS when he was born so I know my whole family will want to be there this time and my hospital has no regulations on visitation. 
    Is tell people that the hospital recommends you use your time in the hospital to rest and recover and you will happily be ready for guests at home at a certain time. If they insist on going to the hospital, either don't tell them when you go into labor or tell the nurses you don't want visitors and they will play bouncer for you.
    I was just going to suggest to have the staff play the bouncer! Or you tell your family it’s the hospital’s policy and fill your RN in on what you’ve told your family. 
    I send out an email to our families before the due date with the hospital address, L&D floor & visitor policy.

I set general rules in that email, reminding people that the siblings have first visitation and that after they visit we will welcome family to come by between certain hours (I think last time we did 10am-5pm, because I was pumping and DS was going to be born with a cleft.)  I also remind them that during those hours, I may need to have guests step out for medical or nursing reasons. 

I also create a draft to email out baby details after delivery (date, time, weight, length.) If any changes need to be made to what was sent in the previous email, I would attach it to this one (like any complications especially.)
  • @rainafire77 Yay for awesome husbands! 
    February 19th 
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Tired and I get out of breath very easily. 
    Not until next week
    I’m having people sleeping over on the weekend and I’m really not in the mood because I feel like I have no time to get anything ready but I can’t cancel. 
    During delivery, only DH. Then while in the hospital only family will probably come. With my first my in-laws wanted to sit in the waiting room which I was not happy about but we couldn’t convince them otherwise even though I said that I probably wouldn’t let them in the room and it could take hours. Thankfully, the way timing worked out they got there only an hour before delivery. With my second, it was the middle of the night so no one came right away. It was so nice.