1st Trimester
Options

Second hand smoke

I am 6 weeks and two people smoked a cig near me as we were telling them outside last night. Could this brief encounter be harmful for baby? I worry a lot :/

Re: Second hand smoke

• Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited December 2017
    kylialle said:
    I am 6 weeks and two people smoked a cig near me as we were telling them outside last night. Could this brief encounter be harmful for baby? I worry a lot :/
    You should be fine. Just don’t hang out in enclosed spaces where people are smoking. Don’t worry to the point that you’re living in a bubble or it will be a loooong pregnancy
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    kylialle said:
    Obviously that’s something you want to avoid, but unless you live in a rural area, your air quality probably isn’t the best in general. Not much you can do about it. Just don’t go in to smoky bars or hang around people who smoke all the time if you can’t avoid it.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel your pain. My mom is a chimney and after dad passed away last year she's smoking even more and smoking in the house again. It's so strong in there my eyes burn and I have to shower and throw my clothes in the wash when I get home from visiting.

So I'm really dreading Christmas when we have to spend virtually all day there. No one knows I'm pregnant, and I've toyed around with the idea of telling her early just to see if she'll try to quit smoking. But if watching her father, husband, and two brothers-in-law die of smoking related lung cancer, I don't think anything will.

Sigh.