August 2018 Moms

FFFC 12/15

'Fess up, ladies!! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FFFC 12/15

• @lalala2004 Same

I'm not in any hurry to see the new Star Wars. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Loading the player...
  • +1 zero interest in Star Wars. 

FFFC it bugs me irrationally when people say "I could care less" like THAT MAKES NO SENSE! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lalala2004 A 'love it' for your all out passion with that sweater. I'm on team, 'meh' for starwars. Although my DS loves "Yoya"! 
  • edited December 2017
    Hhmmm....can I think of one? YES

I had a glass of Prosecco after getting my bfp.  I was 10dpo.  It was a "farewell alcohol glass.". Flame

It was a proper pour though, so not much.  I hate it when I see a glass of wine that is half full.  THATS NOT A PROPER POUR!!!!!
  • @mrs_drc_rn ME TOO!!! 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• DH and I haven’t had sex since we conceived. He is worried about hurting the baby, eye roll.
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Man. My heart hurts to see you guys hating on Star Wars. The original trilogy are my favorite movies of all time.

I guess in the same vein is my FFFC - I hate movie theaters. Like, hate them. I hate paying a lot of money to sit in a room with a lot of smelly, loud strangers who are on their phone or talking or kicking my chair. And the snacks are ridiculously priced. I'd rather sit in my jammie-jams on the couch with my own snacks, and the ability to pause to go to the bathroom or whatever. I'll prob go see Star Wars in the theater cuz it's necessary, but I"ll wait a few months. 
  • @coffeecocktailsandcake I DID THE SAME EXACT THING!!! Literally minutes later...**pours**
    we're going to be friends
    ...GOD I miss my prosecco already
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • @mrsbubbles-2 I’m all about Star Trek! I only watched the first episode of the new season though. I’ve been thinking about getting CBS Full Access, but with DS going through a toddler sleep regression and LO making me extra sleepy, no idea when I’d actually watch it.

If you’ve watched other series, which one does the new series most closely relate to?
  • I’m praying no good movies come out within 4-6 weeks of my due date. Before DS was born, some movie came out that DH said we HAD to go see. I spent 75% of the time between walking the halls (restless legs) and using the bathroom. It was miserable.
  • I hate going to the movies.  It's always at night and it's so dark in there - I almost always fall asleep.  I average about 1 movie in the theater are year and I have to have a big icey and be near an exit so I can leave to go to the bathroom at least once.  It's a whole thing.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Add me to the list of people who hate movie theaters. The last time I went to one was for the midnight release of the last Harry Potter movie with the family. Or maybe it was Avatar, I don't quite remember which was more recent. I may end up seeing Star Wars over Christmas with the family, or I might just use being pregnant as an excuse to stay home. I'll see it plenty from home on my couch over the next several years. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Star Wars... meh. I’m more LOR and Star Trek. But my kids are justice league so by default I guess I am too. I’ve learned more about the DC universe than I ever cared to know. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• I'm totally team Jammy-Jams on the couch! We've had a gift card to a movie theater for over a year and haven't used it. If I'm paying for a sitter, I'm not going to sit in a theater to see a movie that i can stream a few months from now (and watch in 45 minute segments over 3 days, because that's how long I last when we put the TV on). 
  • All you theater haters need to GTFO! I love our theater!! We have a VIP section that has recliners, and the condensations come to you. Like you never have to leave your seat to get them. If you get a combo you get a free refill of everything, so we only have to buy treats every other movie.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @westphilly I can barely last to finish my shows that end at 9! DH and I were watching the last season of House of Cards and the episode we were watching ended at 9.  When I asked him if he wanted to watch another one, he exclaimed, "it's already 9! It's too late to start a new one."

We've officially hit "that" stage of our lives.

• @coffeecocktailsandcake me too! 

I've never seen any of the star wars. 

FFC or small victory, I'm not sure. I have my holiday party tonight, but I may skip out early and just listen to a podcast in my car without any interruptions for an hour before going home. I need some alone time.
  • All you theater haters need to GTFO! I love our theater!! We have a VIP section that has recliners, and the condensations come to you. Like you never have to leave your seat to get them. If you get a combo you get a free refill of everything, so we only have to buy treats every other movie.
    How much does a movie and a combo run you? That sounds ok if it is reasonably priced, but I've never heard of a reasonably priced first run movie theater. I'll do a theater for a live performance, but movies can be enjoyed at home.
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
    I love going to the movies! You can't replicate that experience at home and every once in awhile, it's nice to treat ourselves.

• I’m praying no good movies come out within 4-6 weeks of my due date. Before DS was born, some movie came out that DH said we HAD to go see. I spent 75% of the time between walking the halls (restless legs) and using the bathroom. It was miserable.
    We went to see Captain America: Civil War the week DS was born. We just went to the drive in and took him with us. That doesn’t work anymore now that he’s a toddler!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @proudparent2b - I'm so sorry you're dealing with a sleep regression on top of early pregnancy sleepiness. Is your LO having a hard time falling asleep or waking in the middle of the night? Either way, it's so tough and I'm sending you hugs!

I've only seen the Original and a good bit of Next Gen so I don't know if I can compare it to another series. It's a good mix of how the last 3 movies were done - lots of action and awesome special effects with a solid story line to hold it all together. But it's got some throw-back details that would be lost on someone that has never seen Star Trek before. I'm totally going to say you need to watch for the selfish reason that I'd have someone to OMG with me on Monday mornings lol!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like going to the movies every once in a while, but I'm not spending the money unless it's a movie I really, really want to see and I can't think about how gross those seats probably are. 

My fffc:
    I always start out on these bmbs with all the intentions to be active, but usually only interact just enough to not be a "lurker". Mostly because tb app kills my battery for some reason so I end up only checking it once a day, and I'm also just the kind of person who observes in a group instead of participates. I'm trying, though! 
  • @Firemanswife11 YAS girl.  I'm the exact same.  Best show I've ever seen was Above & Beyond.  VERY highly recommend if you ever get the chance to go.  Although now I feel a bit like the old lady at the show..like all the youngsters are probably like who invited nana over here LOL 

@msmonalisavito 9 pm club here too.  Sometimes even earlier.  No shame.
  • @juliebird6 I knew I'd find some of my trance fam in here. <3 They're going to be in Dallas in February! We've considered going but...I think I'm going to have to put that on hold for a bit. Lol. 

And I definitely feel the same. We actually saw San Holo last month in Boston and we couldn't hang. At all. Those trap crowds get a little wild! Hahaha! 
  • @mrsbubbles-2 DS does pretty well with getting to sleep but keeps waking up in the middle of the night.

I’m currently in busy season at work (benefits admin), but if life calms down a bit next month, I’ll look into catching up on Star Trek!
  • My FFFC:  I've done like zero work today. Literally.  When I am pregnant, I am the world's worst employee.  Whatever.
  • @derbysquirrel @msmonalisavito it’s about 9 dollars each for the VIP, and a large combo(drink, popcorn and candy-all refill-able) is $13. So it’s about $35 for H and I to go, then only the $18 next time.

• My FFFC is that I am not smart enough to watch /follow what is happening in a Star Wars movie. I for sure would be that annoying person who would need to pause and ask questions, so I forgo the force.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm also still waiting for that can of worms from UO yesterday.  Why would you leave a girl hanging like that??

• Another one: when I was pregnant with DS it didn't bother me one bit that I couldn't drink but this time around I'm already missing my wine a lot!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have another confession. I was on TB pre exodus too, but never snarky enough to even get a warning. I just left in solidarity to my friends  :#

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• I have another confession. I was on TB pre exodus too, but never snarky enough to even get a warning. I just left in solidarity to my friends  :#
    Damn! I’ve had 4 or 5 warnings since the exodus but all spaced out so I didn’t get banned.