July 2018 Moms

Mental Health Check-In 12/14

This is a safe place for whatever you want to discuss regarding your own personal mental health struggles. I know we will all be here to listen and offer advice or support. 

How are you doing right now?
Any concerns?
What is going well? 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Mental Health Check-In 12/14

• thanks for posting this!

How are you doing right now? 
    currentlh fighting a migraine and have no meds and my anxiety is through the roof with toddler drama but thankfully my husband came home early and i get to take a bath snd rest
    Any concerns? 
    just trying to keep anxiety in check
    What is going well? 
    husband is being more helpful so that helps
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• How are you doing right now? I am managing. My psychiatrist recommended that I stop all of my medications for the remainder of the first trimester. I can't see myself just stopping cold turkey, so I've been weening off of them this past week. I do feel like popping a klonopin just to take the edge off, however I've refrained. With my dad passing in October, then my mother in law passing on Tuesday, I'm feeling pretty numb. Can't even really cry. Just feeling numb. 

Any concerns? Wondering how I'll be doing during 2nd and 3rd trimester. Will I be able to go back on my meds. 

What is going well? I'm alive. I have a wonderful husband and family. (Trying to find anything positive right now). 

• Loading the player...
  • @zombiehoohaa so many hugs im so sorry life has been so hard :(

• How are you doing right now? I’m ok. I feel anxious at time for no reason. DS has been a booger lately and i can’t seem to handle it right now. Tantrums all the time and i can’t deal with them alone. I feel like the worst mom ignoring him or just wanting to walk away. Then the next minute it’s all about mommy and i can’t be left alone.
    Any concerns? Hope i can learn to cope better before #2. Hope DH will jump in more so i don’t feel so anxious. I also hope to connect with this pregnancy sooner and actually enjoy it.
    What is going well? Glad pregnancy is less eventful than last. 
  • hayhay93hayhay93 member
    edited December 2017
    How are you doing right now? I could be better to be honest. I have my NT scan and genetic testing tomorrow morning and I’m kind of panicking. I’ve had a pretty emotional day as my boyfriend has been gone all day and I’ve been sitting at home worrying about every possible thing. Struggling with depression and anxiety pretty bad with this pregnancy.
    Any concerns? Just that because of my diabetes, there will be something wrong with my baby.  I did run out of insulin today and can’t get a refill until tomorrow. Hoping for an uneventful night lol. 
    What is going well? I do still have symptoms and that gives me some hope. I’ve been doing well with blood sugar mostly. 
  • How are you doing right now?
    I’m back and forth the last couple weeks. Some days my anxiety hits me like a ton of bricks. I’ve been struggling with my friend relationships and that’s hard for me. All of my family drama is stressful too, especially right around Christmas. 

Any concerns? 
    i think I will always be concerned about how I manage 3 kids. My fuse is so short and it makes me feel so guilty which doesn’t help anything. 

What is going well? 
    I manage to keep my children alive, clothed, and well fed every day. That’s more than a lot of people can say, so I’ll be grateful for that. I’m also getting braver about talking about why things are bothering me, or what is triggering me. DH gets really unsure about how to comfort me and it makes him seem ungenuine and I’ve struggled with talking to him because of that. But making progress so that’s good too. 
  • Honestly? I’m feeling pretty bad. Bipolar and being off my medications completely. I’m noticing my mind racing and probably getting ready to go into a manic episode. Manic is fun- I feel like myself- but tend to spend money that I do t have. Worse than that is after mania eventually I will go depression pretty bad- like don’t get out of bed/ don’t eat/ bare min hygiene. I’m going to talk to my doctor today. I do t think I will make it a while pregnancy off medication. Goal is at least first trimester 
  • hayhay93hayhay93 member
    edited December 2017
    I’m here for you. My boyfriend has bipolar disorder and hasn’t been on meds for about a year (starting new ones soon) it’s really hard for him too. I can’t even imagine going through that while being pregnant and wanting to do what’s best for baby. Hopefully your doctor will understand that what’s best for you might be what’s best for baby too. My mom stayed on her mental health medication during her pregnancy with my little sister because her doctor felt it was safer to take them rather than go off of them. But that is a decision that is personal and different for everyone. I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy! @elizabethrn87
  • How are you doing right now? Not very well to be honest!!  I have never dealt with serious depression, but being on bed rest is seriously taking a toll on me.  I have this overwhelming sense of hopelessness and cabin fever, if that makes sense.  I just can't shake the feeling that I am going through all of this, and something awful is going to happen anyway and it will all be for nothing.  Also I feel like there's no one I can really talk to about it, hence why I won't shut up my whining here about it.
    Any concerns? It's only been three weeks, but if I don't get a good prognosis on Monday, I don't think I can handle it.  I'm a very hands on type person.  I've started getting a nasty sore on my leg from where I normally inject myself with progesterone.  It feels like my injection area is swelling up because I can't really get the blood flowing.  I'm pretty worried that it's starting to get infected.  I switched legs when I noticed it, but I fear it's possibly too late.
    What is going well? The baby is fine, and that's been what's keeping me going.  I know this should all be over soon (hopefully just one more week at the most), but honestly if things haven't resolved by Monday, I am going to be completely devastated.  I fully expect them to keep me on bedrest for a few more days if it has cleared up, just to be safe, but if it's gotten worse (again), or if it's still present, I am going to lose my mind.
  • @Crystal321 bedrest sucks! But definitely reach out to someone to talk to. I swear my extended bedrest contributed to my ppd. Not being able to go anymore, see anyone outside of home can really take a toll on you. What do you do during your day? If you don’t mind me asking. I hope you get good news on Monday!!
  • @Crystal321 Sending you ginormous hugs!!

@elizabethrn87 This is my concern with being off my meds as well. Being bipolar is tough. Being on the right cocktail and feeling "okay", is a relief. I've gone off all but 1 med so far. This last medication Quetiapine, I've weened down to a half. I'm so worried being off this particular one will cause relapse. FX that we can get back on our meds come 2nd trimester. I agree, manic is fun, however the extreme downward spiral immediately after, is not something I want. Sending you hugs!!!

Ladies, I just want to say thank you. Mental health is a big deal to me and being able to openly talk about it, without judgement or scrutiny, makes being in this group all the more comforting. Sending all of you humongous hugs!!!  

• @wildtot i have my laptop on a tray and do work sometimes. Other than that, just lay here. It's strange because I prefer the tv off, even though I love Tv....
  • @Crystal321 try looking into other stationary ideas. I worked on a few diy projects for DS room decorations, words with friends, adult coloring books, crochet (even though i suck at it), and i also binge watch a lot of Netflix. But i missed human interaction the most and was alone at home for about 11 hrs (Dh worked long hours). It’s hard and i hope you don’t have to be long like this. I think what got me too was that i literally wouldn’t get ready in the AM so i felt even more sluggish and sad. Hoping for the best for you! 
  • @Crystal321 sending love and hugs it is so hard to be confined! 

• How are you doing right now? 
    Honestly. Not good at all. I have HG and it's causing my depression and anxiety to go through the roof. I keep having horrible thought about how I wish the baby would just get out of my body.  Please don't judge me. I feel in a complete panic about how I'm going to make it through this. 
    Any concerns? 
    Too many to count. 

What is going well?
    My DH is being supportive.

• @brittany121087 no judgement, and I am so sorry. Is this your first pregnancy? Does HG normally subside around the 2nd trimester? 
  • @Crystal321 This is my second. I had ms but not like this. It can or it can continue the whole time. 
  • I can't even imagine how tough this must be. I hope it does subside soon
  • HG is really really hard no judgement here