Working Moms

Help! How to fit workout time in?

edited December 2017 in Working Moms
I am having a really hard time finding time to get a workout in my schedule. I pick my little guy up at 5:30 pm, get home at 6 and have to get so much done before his bedtime at (groceries, dinner, homework, bath, and laundry) 9, by then I am usually way too tired to start a workout. 

Re: Help! How to fit workout time in?

• I am having a really hard time finding time to get a workout in my schedule. I pick my little guy up at 5:30 pm, get home at 6 and have to get so much done before his bedtime at (groceries, dinner, homework, bath, and laundry) 9, by then I am usually way too tired to start a workout. 
    Can you workout before work or during a lunch break? 
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I could try during lunch, but I don't to get too sweaty. I only have an hour and will not have time to shower after. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Could you move your lunch to the end of the day? Not sure what kind of work you do, but could you set at your desk while working then work out at the end of the work day (ideally if there's a gym at your office)? That way if you're sweaty you don't have to change and can just head home. 

Anniversary
  • I just recently started going back to the gym. It is really hard to find the time. I go into work really early (leave the house at 6) and my husband drops our son off and goes to the gym before his work begins (he goes in a little later). I get out of work and take the train home and our gym is right near daycare, so I go to the gym for about 30 minutes and then pick up our son. It's all about trying to find little snippets of time for us. If it doesn't work during the week, we alternate on the weekends. Sounds like maybe the best time for you would be the morning?
  • When you figure it out, let me know!  ;)  But for reals, I'm right there with you - I've NEVER been an early bird and I am just way too tired by the evening. 

Can you fit in any exercises while doing chores? Sometimes I do squats while I fold laundry and watch the telly. 
  • maybe you will get up 15 minutes earlier and do a warm-up for a start. for me it is the best way to do workout