July 2018 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating 12/14

2»

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating 12/14

• Options
    @kissableviv Ooh! Salami! That sounds pretty freakin good right now. I can't wait to get to the second trimester, it's my random point where I'll get back into kombucha, tea and coffee. Actually, I forgot, I did have a kombucha at the movies last weekend, LOL. It was amazing. We've got a local kombucha brewer here that you can get on tap a lot of places. Super good. And yes! This is my first. How about you?
  • Options
    @4deep Yum! I love a good list of foods. :smiley: 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DynamiteTrujillo yes, my first! Can't wait for my second trimester too. I love coffee but have not had any because it just doesn't sound good. Hoping that will change!
  • Options
    2 of my bosses are taking me to lunch today and I cannot wait. Its a place that has all kinds of grilled cheese type sandwiches and ive been dying to try it! So hungry!!
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    @busymommy23 ooh that sounds soooo good, I love a good grilled cheese. 
    I'm trying to get DH to go to a Mac and cheese restaurant tonight.. I'm DYING for some chicken bacon ranch Mac and cheese. 
  • Options
    @acunamatada that mac and cheese sounds amazing too! Ive been looking at the restaurant menu planning what i want and my stomach is just growling away lol
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    @kissableviv and @DynamiteTrujillo good hear some opinions on kombucha. I really miss it, I think I'll enjkoy some this weekend. I am confident that trace amounts of alcohol is totally safe. I remember asking my doctor about NA wine and beer last time because they might have trace amounts in it and I was told that it's less than you'd have in OJ that sat out for a few hours and is totally fine.

I miss good cold cuts too, I love salami or a good turkey sandwich. For some reason I've been avoiding kombucha and cold cuts but I've enjoyed sushi, eggs bennedict and tons of unpasteurized  green juice which I'm not sure makes any sense.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I really really miss ahi bowls. I wish I could have one so bad. But I just feel like it's a bad idea. What type of sushi have you had?
  • Options
    @kissableviv I have had the sanme sushi and poke bowls as always but I limit to eating them less than once a week due to the mercury. I love sashimi, rolls and bowls and definitely still eat raw throughout pregnancy. My doctor thinks it's fine and I did it with my last pregnancy too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Omg how are you guys able to eat all these different thing?? Other than yesterday's sudden chicken sandwich craving, I'm strictly on a rice, cheese, corn tortilla & bagel diet. Everything has become an aversion. 
  • Options
    @coco305 for me, because the only aversion I seem to be having is an aversion to hunger  :|
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    At this time (12 weeks on Saturday) my only aversions are sweet things and a handful of others. Coffee just doesn't sound good. Other than that I've been able to eat pretty normally, thankfully!
  • Options
  • Options
    This mama needs to find tamales soon! Like real ones that you buy off a person in the grocery parking lot. Gotta continue the family tradition!
  • Options
    @wildtot I'm making some for Christmas! I wish I could give you some!
  • Options
    @wildtot I have 4 dozen in my fridge from my in laws tamale making extravaganza last weekend. They are so easy to make yourself especially if there are any stores around you that sell prepped masa. Not sure how common that would be in CO. 
  • Options
    @coco305 mmmm bagels. But i always loved bagels. I think i'm using my pregnancy as an excuse to eat more bagels and call it a craving Lol. Big fat lightly toasted ones with loads of cream cheese. Yum.
  • Options
    @kissableviv, same for me, an aversion to sweet things! What's funny is that I'll still occasionally have a sweet thing, because I remember my prepregnant self liking it, so why wouldn't I now? Sometimes that's a big mistake and can bring on nausea....
  • Options
    @sm05-2 I do the same! I'll randomly try to eat something again to see if I'm still aversed to it...coffee is one of those things...sure enough, yup, still doesn't taste good! I totally understand getting nauseus from some of those things as well. Wondering if it will continue into the other trimesters!
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    edited December 2017
    @amylu914 @DynamiteTrujillo we have made some before but i hate the labor. DH actually made some yesterday but they were ok since we didn’t have shortening and substituted with oil. I miss the ones my grandma makes. I’m going to check out a grocery store to makes corn tamales and see if they are any good.

edited because it’s 430 am and my sentence didn’t make sense.
  • Options
    So I'm making buffalo chicken dip in a croc pot in my office today because I totally forgot it last night and need to make it for 3:00. IT SMELLS SO GOOD. Currently eating celery, dipping it in franks hot sauce and ranch. I don't even like spicy but it's soooo good. 
  • Options
    Donuts. Delicious donuts my husband picked up this morning. Maple bacon is the sh** . I was good and only had one! Lots if yummy food on the menu for tonight (I cooked so much...)
  • Options
    @acunamatada Buffalo chicken dip sounds SO good. Wow. I made buffalo chicken sliders awhile back... might need to do that this week. 

I am craving teriyaki beef jerky so bad. I saw my husband with a small piece of Twizzler and thought it was jerky - I can’t stop thinking about it now. 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Options
    I am still all about the spicy food.  The spicier the better.  You girls and your tamale talk got me really craving tamales now!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options

@acunamatada OMG. I LOVE that dip. Do you make it with ranch and cream cheese in it?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Last night DH surprised me with a cookies and crème Hershey's bar so I paired that with chips and salsa and pizza rolls. Blast from the past college days dinner, pretty fantastic.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gspmom21 yes it's so easy!! I had some left over and I made a wrap out of it with veggies today. soooooo good! 
  • Options
    @acunamatada It is!! That's how I make it, I LOVE it. We typically do Tostito chips, but we aren't a veggie person. Frankly it would probably taste good on everything. haha. I use rotisserie chicken and that makes it way better.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Adversions are chilling out. Still not wanting to eat meat, but everything else has slowly come back. Woo woo!
  • Options
    I went out to lunch with a friend and had the best dol sot bi bim bap ever. It was so satisfying and spicy and warm and flavorful. I want another.
    BabyFruit Ticker