August 2018 Moms
Options

Chinese Gender Predictor

So I know this isn’t on the schedule, but I thought it would be funny to see what everyone’s Chinese predictor says and what our LOs end up being!

FWIW - we’re team green, and I don’t put any stock in this at all. It’s just good entertainment value!

For me - it predicted a BOY

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Chinese Gender Predictor

• Options
    I got boy. 
    I think it was correct for my other two, so maybe it will hit 3 for 3. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    The Bump predictor says boy, baby center says girl. So I'm totally having b/g twins :D
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Bump predictor says boy, baby center says girl. So I'm totally having b/g twins :D
    Ditto! 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    ::runstobabycenter::

still boy! #boymom4lyfe

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Mine says boy, FX it is right!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    It says boy for me, was wrong for DS though so maybe for this one to
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I just did my personal favorite old wives tale, ring on a string. Said girl! I have 3 boys so sure hope the science there is correct

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    pghctwife said:
    I just did my personal favorite old wives tale, ring on a string. Said girl! I have 3 boys so sure hope the science there is correct
    What’s that one?

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Both The Bump and Baby Center said Boy. They were correct with DS1 and wrong with DS2, so we'll see. 50/50 shot I guess. :smile:
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    pghctwife said:
    What’s that one?
    Put your ring on a string or a hair and hold it stillover your belly. If it swings like a pendulum it’s a boy, circles it’s a girl. Obviously joking about ‘science’ ;)

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Mine says girl. I actually can't remember what it predicted for DD.
  • Options
    Both babycenter and The Bump say girl for me. FX!
  • Options
    Says boy for me. It was actually correct for my other 3 children. Maybe it will be 4 for 4!!!
  • Options
    Says boy for me. FX!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It has been right with all three of my girls. So, I’m a believer ;-)
  • Options
    Welp. This time BC and TB are saying B/G. So much for that. Unless I’m in the twin boat. Lol. Always a possibility. FIL is a twin. And I’m old. Haha. 
  • Options
    Says boy for me as well! Looking at all the months this year, the Chinese predictor was heavily stacked to boy.
  • Options
    Mine says girl. Has anyone ever tried the ring on a strand of hair? You go over your hand and if it swings or goes in a circle? Again just fun science lol but I seen it on fb awhile back and it did get my first correct! Lol 
  • Options
    I’m getting mixed results from multiple sites. I’m already guessing it’s another boy though! DH is convinces it’s a girl. 
  • Options
    Mkrosieo said:
    Mine says girl. Has anyone ever tried the ring on a strand of hair? You go over your hand and if it swings or goes in a circle? Again just fun science lol but I seen it on fb awhile back and it did get my first correct! Lol 
     Yes! I mentioned that one above. LOL, it’s my favorite. I can’t remember if it was two for three or three for three for me… Either way, better than 50-50? This time it’s telling me girl… I have three boys so I sure hope it’s right 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    @pghctwife and @Mkrosieo - Love the ring on a string! That one said girl for me.
    Now I'm going to fall down the google hole looking for old wives tales. I really want to be team green for this baby but DH would rather know. So I'll enjoy all the speculation I can for now!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It said boy for DS and says girl for this one. I don’t have much faith in this. 50% odds like everything else!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 I was team green x 3 and part of that was that I totally enjoyed all the guessing, from how I carried later in pregnancy to the silly owt like these. 

Its all meaningless of course, but can be fun!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Ring on a hair said girl for me. Chinese gender prediction said boy. The ring on a string thing is eerie. It always goes boy first, then girl, then nothing. 

edit: words are hard 
  • Options
    CGP chart I found online says girl!  It did your lunar age for you (since apparently that's what you need to put in and it might be different than how old you actually are)  Very complicated process for a 50/50 guess lol

• Options
    Mine says girl. I have a feeling it's a boy, but my mom-tuition was wrong for both my other kids so I guess we'll see! 
  • Options
    My Chinese calendar said boy and when I read it I instantly started to have anxiety. I am afraid to have a boy. It is easy with my daughter I am a girls mom, so adding a boy in the mix will definitely be a learning process. To the moms with both genders what is the biggest difference? Is it easier with one gender over the other? I am terrified. 
  • Options
    Baby Center and TB both say girl for me! We're hoping for a girl, but will be happy to just have a healthy baby. 

All of DH's friends have had girls recently. A friend of ours has a theory that men who deploy father more girls, while men who don't deploy father sons (her first husband didn't deploy and they had a son, her next two husbands did deploy and she has three girls from them). We're excited to see if her theory is right!
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    Mine says boy. It said girl last time and it was right. Time will tell!
  • Options
    bria12lanebria12lane member
    edited December 2017
    @princesslockness I just wanted to make sure you realized this wasn’t a science based thread because I’m sure you wouldn’t want to contribute to something that was possibly pushing other more important posts off the first page! 
  • Options
    @ecwk Oh I’m not and I actually enjoy these posts. But the member who the comment was directed at made it really clear in another post that she was very against these types of posts and the people who create them! 
    Happy Holidays! 
  • Options
    Says girl for me but it said that for my second who is a boy

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ecwk Yet you are the one commenting and stirring and deliberately inserting yourself in conversations not directed to, about or involving you. 

My comment had nothing to do with this post or the other. I’m completely supportive of anyone talking about anything they want that isn’t actually harmful to someone. My only act was to point out 1 person’s hypocrisy after she was essentially bullying someone else. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"