February 2018 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest | 12.11 (and beyond!)

Re: Monday Bitchfest | 12.11 (and beyond!)

• Options
    I am fed up with all things scheduling!  If I list all the gripes I have with just our December schedules, this would end up a crazy long dear diary post. Short form: my 3 kids are in some activities that are poorly run/planned, relatives keep changing event details, and DH's schedule sucks all the way up until paternity leave.

I'm of a mind to just cancel everything and stay home until my due date arrives, but definitely not possible. I may actually use LO's birth as an excuse to resign from a few things come February, though.
  • Options
    @3plus1equals4 December always seems to be a crazy month for schedules! I hope it eases up for you soon! 

My bitch fest is that the men at my work refuse to help me in any way. So I have to grab my patients, get their history, set up the MRI table (and potentially move heavy items depending on what body part I’m scanning), set the patient up, and scan them. Because I’m moving slower now, I get behind a lot faster, and my male coworkers just sit there. My female coworker (who isn’t even certified in MRI) has been helping me out. Thank God for her. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I found out at my OB appt yesterday that my scale at home is broken. I thought I was doing super well with my weight gain...but I’m 10 pounds heavier than I thought. I almost cried
  • Options
    I found out at my OB appt yesterday that my scale at home is broken. I thought I was doing super well with my weight gain...but I’m 10 pounds heavier than I thought. I almost cried
    I don't always trust the scale in the doctors office my weight has varied by 5lbs in the same week. 

You can check your scale by weighing a weight or bag of sugar/flour
  • Options
    I always weigh myself first thing in the morning at home and OB appts are almost always 3 or 4 hours later... theirs measures me 4 pounds heavier  (probably water and food.) I hate their scale. 
  • Options
    @3plus1equals4 I'm a major introvert so I prefer to stay home alone (with H) than go out, so I'm glad to have an excuse to cancel things because of pregnancy (now) and baby (later).

I don't look at the scale at the doctor's office because I'm already worried enough about weight gain, having been told to not gain more than 20 pounds. So when baby + uterus + fluid + placenta = 30 pounds, I get paranoid about only gaining 20! So far no doctor has said they're concerned, thankfully.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    I’m so over this contractor company all the home improvement/appliance companies use in our area! Just a bunch of rude a-holes who don’t know how to do their job either!

October: tried to get a new dishwasher installed. Idiots told my parents that they couldn’t remove the old one without tearing up the flooring. We obviously told them we need to discuss things. DH gets home and has it out within minutes! We never got a new dishwasher. 

Today: Same company (different retail store) to get fridge installed. Well our water line is a little different than “normal” and “we can’t touch it”. “We also don’t have the haul away order” even though I paid for it, but they will do it, and I am going to have to remove the doors so they can remove from my house because my doorways are too narrow. 

I’m just freaking over it!
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    could have been your outfit as well.  I always weigh myself naked (TMI) at home, and so I expect to be heavier at the drs. office.   I also try and wear the same outfit to every OB visit- for consistent weight comparison.  ( Now that I am every 2 weeks, he probably thinks I don't have many clothes).
     I'm chalking today's ob appointment weight Gain up to the fact i was wearing heavy snow boots. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    I came home from work and our Christmas tree had fallen over. DH is out with a friend for dinner so it's still just laying there  :D

I only weight myself at the doctor's office, and I have been shocked by the numbers the last few times I've been in.  I always try to wear light clothes and shoes, but now that it's getting colder it's getting harder and harder to do.
  • Options
    caitb13 said:
    I came home from work and our Christmas tree had fallen over. DH is out with a friend for dinner so it's still just laying there  :D

I only weight myself at the doctor's office, and I have been shocked by the numbers the last few times I've been in.  I always try to wear light clothes and shoes, but now that it's getting colder it's getting harder and harder to do.
    I’m with you, I only weigh myself while I’m at the OB’s office. I don’t want to get myself down about how much weight I’ve gained. I made it a goal to stay under 200 (which gave me 50 lbs of room for baby to grow), plenty in my minds eye... I’m still around 20 lbs to that goal with 9 weeks to go. Crossing fingers I won’t hit that dreaded “2” on the scale! 
  • Options
    I’ve been blocked by the freaking train for 15 minutes. Why do they do this ish during the morning commute!?
  • Options
    caitb13 said:

I’m with you, I only weigh myself while I’m at the OB’s office. I don’t want to get myself down about how much weight I’ve gained. I made it a goal to stay under 200 (which gave me 50 lbs of room for baby to grow), plenty in my minds eye... I’m still around 20 lbs to that goal with 9 weeks to go. Crossing fingers I won’t hit that dreaded “2” on the scale! 
     You can do it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The cold/cough that plagued our house a few months ago is back.  This time I have it worse than anyone else.  :(

We are expecting a bunch of family to stay at our house the next 2 weekends and I just want to morph into a blanket burrito and hibernate instead of make beds and clean.  
  • Options
    The teacher next door spray painted INSIDE this morning.  Our hallway smells absolutely horrible and I have a headache because of it.  I am avoiding her because I know nothing kind will come out of my mouth right now. 
  • Options
    DH is preparing me for baby's sleeping patterns and middle of the night feedings.  He keeps passing out (exhausted) really early, and then waking up in the middle of the night for a couple hours (waking me up when he gets up), then going back to sleep (after waking me up again, of course) about an hour before my alarm clock goes off.  
  • Options
    hms1219 said:
    The cold/cough that plagued our house a few months ago is back.  This time I have it worse than anyone else.  :(

We are expecting a bunch of family to stay at our house the next 2 weekends and I just want to morph into a blanket burrito and hibernate instead of make beds and clean.  
    That sucks, but I love the term "blanket burrito!" Feel better soon!
  • Options
    @magnolia305 I would have lost it!! Who spray paints inside anywhere, let alone at a school!! 
  • Options
    I am so grumpy. I've had this vacation scheduled next week for months. ALL of the people I work for/with have been told about this vacation. Over the past two days, all of the work that no one wants to do right before Christmas has been dumped on my desk with deadlines next week while I'm supposed to be out of town. It is now to the point where I will likely have to cancel this vacation in a last ditch attempt to meet these insane deadlines. I want to cry. I might cry. 
  • Options
    Crossing fingers I don’t get fired before maternity leave! I pissed off a big wig today by telling her I refused to be in the Fluoroscopy room doing exams with live XR’s while I’m 31 weeks pregnant. She said other pregnant techs are doing it, and I said good for them. I refuse. She made me apologize to her for “treating her disrespectfully” and walked away before I had a chance to say anything. Then came back to me while I was busy with patients saying “did you have anything else to tell me before I go?” Oh man, I’m so pissed. I’m pretty sure baby got some elevated blood pressure today. :( 
  • Options
    Crossing fingers I don’t get fired before maternity leave! I pissed off a big wig today by telling her I refused to be in the Fluoroscopy room doing exams with live XR’s while I’m 31 weeks pregnant. She said other pregnant techs are doing it, and I said good for them. I refuse. She made me apologize to her for “treating her disrespectfully” and walked away before I had a chance to say anything. Then came back to me while I was busy with patients saying “did you have anything else to tell me before I go?” Oh man, I’m so pissed. I’m pretty sure baby got some elevated blood pressure today. :( 
    Isn't there a rule against being around x- rays while pregnant? I don't think she can fire you for that.   But it sucks she was being an ass.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mamaof5already You pretty much can’t go over a certain level of radiation while pregnant (or not pregnant). But being in the room exposes me to radiation, and I don’t want that for my unborn child. I’m cool with taking plain film XR’s because that doesn’t require me to irradiate myself. But I will not be in the room with live XR’s even if I’m fully leaded up. 
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 - hope you don't get fired!

ATM, I tried to do some online shopping this morning, and my card got declined. Called my bank, and my debit card got compromised. Check your bank statements, ladies! Apparently, there were a number of cards/accounts that got compromised in our area.
  • Options
    @jennifer_m21 I'm averaging a new credit card number a year because of it getting compromised by one company or another being hacked. The one I have now is at about 9 months, so let's see if I can make it to April without needing a new one!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @chucksmom15 - Considering taking that approach. So over it. 

@jenniferjoy37 - I also hope you don't get fired. Hate that anyone would expect you to put yourself in a situation you're not comfortable in. for safety reasons.

@eggplantface - We have the same problem. Every couple of months we have identity theft issues and have to cancel everything. So frustrating. 
  • Options
    This has legit been the week from hell.
    we are using one car because my car is on the shop 
    my husband’s boss is getting demoted effective the first of the year and being a total ass. Last week he was recognized for being the top performing employee 6 months in a row... this week he is not doing enough and his boss expects to see significant improvement 
    i go to drop my son off at daycare (while running late after dropping my DH off) and he has puked all over himeself. I have to take him to my moms get him cleaned up and barely made it to my first meeting (because naturally I left my computer and work and did not have the conference call number to just call in)

@jenniferjoy37 I doubt you will get fired, It is generally poor form to fire a pregnant woman especially over a possible safety concern. Hopefully your boss does not hold a grudge over the matter though.
  • Options
    @GoogleMD That does sound like an awful week! Is your husband's boss no longer going to be his boss at least? Hopefully he can just ride out the next couple weeks and it'll be fine once the boss is not in the picture. 
  • Options
    I overnighted cookies to my brother/fam on Monday, with guaranteed delivery on Tues. No signature so he didn't have to be home to receive it. It didn't make it on Tuesday, and Wednesday they came but left him a note saying to pick it up at the post office. He didn't get it until Thursday... WTF post office. At least they refunded me for shipping but it didn't help him :-\
  • Options
    It is freezing at my work,  and the space heater I normally use is in the bathroom because the pipes froze.  1 more week, that's all I have left with unless we do a season end sale the first week of January. So cold!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 - hope you don't get fired!

ATM, I tried to do some online shopping this morning, and my card got declined. Called my bank, and my debit card got compromised. Check your bank statements, ladies! Apparently, there were a number of cards/accounts that got compromised in our area.
    That's good your bank checks and protects your account. But also  annoying/embarrassing  because it denied your purchase. 
  • Options
    @GoogleMD what a jerk, at least hes being demoted.
  • Options
    clc515 said:
    I overnighted cookies to my brother/fam on Monday, with guaranteed delivery on Tues. No signature so he didn't have to be home to receive it. It didn't make it on Tuesday, and Wednesday they came but left him a note saying to pick it up at the post office. He didn't get it until Thursday... WTF post office. At least they refunded me for shipping but it didn't help him :-\

A couple years ago I needed my mom to ship me my husband and i’s wedding rings as we had ordered them in another province and the store didn’t ship. We needed to get them fast because if they needed resizing they needed to go back to the store within 2 weeks in order for it to be free. 

So my mom picked them up from the store, paid for express 1 day guaranteed shipping, insurance and mandatory signature required so there was some security on it. Probably cost her 100$. 

They came 5 days later and were left on our doorstep all day. I was so so so mad. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jennifer_m21 I'm averaging a new credit card number a year because of it getting compromised by one company or another being hacked. The one I have now is at about 9 months, so let's see if I can make it to April without needing a new one!
    Ugh unfortunately   this is the time of year jerks love hacking peoples cards.  
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    Ugh unfortunately   this is the time of year jerks love hacking peoples cards.  
    I had a friend lost $600 in that Target debit card breech. Bank "opened an investigation", charged her overdraft fees that they wouldn't refund, cancelled her debit card and froze her checking and savings accounts for two weeks while they "reviewed the details". It was a nightmare. Once she got access back, she closed her accounts and changed banks. I can't remember who it was though but it was a big name bank.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    A surprise snowstorm turned my 45 min drive home into a 2+ hr drive. My water bottle cracked while i was cleaning the snow off my car, so I was dehydrated by the end of the ride, with a headache and cramps. I finally got home to find out my ILs are renting the apartment NEXT DOOR for the weekend.  I almsot Want to get back in the car now...
  • Options
    A surprise snowstorm turned my 45 min drive home into a 2+ hr drive. My water bottle cracked while i was cleaning the snow off my car, so I was dehydrated by the end of the ride, with a headache and cramps. I finally got home to find out my ILs are renting the apartment NEXT DOOR for the weekend.  I almsot Want to get back in the car now...
    This is what went through my head when I read that...

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @babybro218 next door???? I couldn't Imagine! And I even have really good in laws! DId you know they would be right next door?