August 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms (Dec 11 - Dec 15)

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms (Dec 11 - Dec 15)

• and now I need to go google unicorn fart gifs. just in case.
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Today is my last day at my current company. I got a more interesting offer, when I wasn't looking, so I decided to go for the change. HOLY HELL, are they convincing my I made the right choice! They're not doing anything to me per-say but there's just been a lot of company wide BS this week. 
    Married - 3/2013
    Baby Boy - 3/2015
    MC - 8/2017
    EDD - 8/2018
  • @strawberryanne congratulations on the new job!!! 

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsbubbles-2 I know my favorite gifts from students have been one they took the time to make - like artwork or ceramics or something (I teach high school).  I've gotten lots of restaurant gift cards (I have a few I've never used) and some GC to clothing stores, but honestly, Starbucks and Target are my faves. I know that's really generic, but it's the truth. If it were the beginning of the year I might also appreciate something like a Staples card or Amazon or something so I can buy some supplies. 
  • Holiday/Christmas fails or Animals in the snow won out siggy challenge.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• I was on TB for my son and it seems to have changed even in the last year and a half! The randoms are so slow and there are a kajillion other themed threads.  I don't have time to participate in all of them so I kind of feel like I'm getting a half assed experience! Maybe the other ones will die out slowly as the pregnancy progresses.  Like, symptoms thread.  Our bmb rocked it, we eventually had to do daily randoms because it was so busy!  I've heard "The Exodus" used a lot of times.  What happened in 2014 @jaztastic? We had an Exodus to a FB group near delivery dates just so we could share pics of babies, is that what you mean?

Anyway, my first US is in two hours.  I'm super nervous, PGAL. Ill come back and update later.  

We're so close to Christmas, did anyone but their own gifts like me???? Lol, what are you getting?  I scored a jujube on Black Friday and went and picked out some new sunglasses yesterday.  Oh, and a Snoogle.  :smiley:
  • @coffeecocktailsandcake I'll be thinking of you with FX for an awesome ultrasound!

DH and I are super romantic - we send each other links for exactly what we want and click! buy, done! I want an Instant Pot and DH wants a hockey jersey. Hooray for the Snoogle and new sunglasses!

I haven't heard of the jujube so I went to google town and it looks awesome! Our current diaper bag is one of the tote-types that has a magnetic button closure on the top but once I stuff it full of all the things we need to leave the house for 15 minutes the thing isn't even close to being able to close! I over pack, though. The first time we took DS out was for his 1st pediatrician appt and I had packed 1000 things but no change of clothes. Cue a massive diaper blowout in the waiting room. Poor kid had to go home with all 5 burp rags that I had in the diaper bag covering him up. So now I never leave without 2 changes of clothes and a pair of PJs. Because that kid sure can poop lol!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @coffeecocktailsandcake the exodus happened when TB God’s went on this ban happy war. Anything snarky, sassy, or remotely ‘unwelcoming’ was hit with a warning/ban. Long time members were typically the first to go. My August 15 board went from over 200 active posters to about 45 in a week. Majority of Those who weren’t banned left In support of friends who were.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @coffeecocktailsandcake Hope all goes well today! Will be thinking of you and looking for your update.
  • @coffeecocktailsandcake the exodus happened when TB God’s went on this ban happy war. Anything snarky, sassy, or remotely ‘unwelcoming’ was hit with a warning/ban. Long time members were typically the first to go. My August 15 board went from over 200 active posters to about 45 in a week. Majority of Those who weren’t banned left In support of friends who were.
    My BMB group had already moved to FB but were still very active here. Most of our board got banned. We were also blamed for some of it because someone from another board came over to tell us we were horrible people who should never be able to have kids. She mostly didn’t agree with us complaining about our husbands. Anyway that did not go over well in any uncertain terms.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• WTF Bump you need better software people FOR REAL! I just tried to update my siggie and am getting an error that it's to many characters long and then under the error it says. Images are not allowed in sigs and are allowed to be 1 character long

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• WTF Bump you need better software people FOR REAL! I just tried to update my siggie and am getting an error that it's to many characters long and then under the error it says. Images are not allowed in sigs and are allowed to be 1 character long
    Did I miss what the siggy challenge winner is? That's super annoying, TB can be so glitchy!!! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ecwk said:
    WTF Bump you need better software people FOR REAL! I just tried to update my siggie and am getting an error that it's to many characters long and then under the error it says. Images are not allowed in sigs and are allowed to be 1 character long
    Did I miss what the siggy challenge winner is? That's super annoying, TB can be so glitchy!!! 
    Christmas/Holiday Fails

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @kindbytealikat - I'm getting the same error, and work has all my gif sites blocked. So bummed...

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Being nosey here, why was there a mass exodus of TB? 
  • ssthomps said:
    Being nosey here, why was there a mass exodus of TB? 
    Read up a few posts ^^^

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @coffeecocktailsandcake
    awesome news! That little flicker is just the best!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @coffeecocktailsandcake The sound of that heartbeat is the most reassuring thing in the world! Congrats on the good US!
  • @coffeecocktailsandcake - Hooray!!! So happy the ultrasound went well!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker