March 2018 Moms

Monday Ticker Change

1.How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2.Any new symptoms or changes?

3.Any appointments this week?

4.Rants/Raves/Questions?

5.GTKY: How do you feel about visitors once baby is born? Will they be allowed to see you in the hospital? Or how long until people will be introduced to LO?

Re: Monday Ticker Change

• 1.How far along are you? How big is baby? 25 weeks, cauliflower. I can't believe I'm at 25 weeks!!!

Posting this thread at midnight due to insomnia...

3.Any appointments this week? Just had one on Tuesday and all is good. Next one is Jan. 2 for my 28 week checkup, winrho shot, and glucose test. 

4.Rants/Raves/Questions?
     Insomnia sucks. The constant weight struggle is tiring. But I'm grateful. 

5.GTKY: How do you feel about visitors once baby is born? Will they be allowed to see you in the hospital? Or how long until people will be introduced to LO? We had immediate family come the day DS was born (we just told them what time they could come). We didn't allow any other visitors until we were home. Our best friends came the night we got home from the hospital. I partially loved that and partially found it ridiculously stressful. I'm torn about what we will do this time around. I almost would have preferred them coming to the hospital where it's a more controlled environment and they wouldn't have stayed as long...but overall I loved having visitors as soon as we were home and I know people want to see the brand new baby. So I'm pretty open to people coming over so long as they are healthy and will give me privacy to nurse if I need it. 
  • 1.How far along are you? How big is baby?
    25 weeks, baseball glove, cauliflower

Not really... maybe increased gas, especially in the afternoon and evenings :D. Sorry husband!

Hair appt tomorrow, OB next week

4.Rants/Raves/Questions?

If you saw the weekly randoms over the weekend, hurting my foot is a big ol rant! It is very ugly looking but not feeling too bad today. Praying work isn't too crazy so I can prop it up some in my office. My rave is that I am so glad it is not worse or broken.

5.GTKY: How do you feel about visitors once baby is born? Will they be allowed to see you in the hospital? Or how long until people will be introduced to LO?
    All of our family lives 7 hours away, so most likely no family will be here to visit right after baby is born unless my mom is already up here staying or if I have an extremely long labor. I have a couple close friends that will probably come up after he is born. I want my family to be able to see him as soon as they can. The thing I am worried about is my family is huge (I am 1 of 7 kids), so I am not sure how we'll coordinate it all. If a lot of them come at once, I will probably ask them to get hotel rooms because we only have so much room, and my mom plans to stay with us for a couple weeks. My family is so awesome though, they will do whatever I ask without making me feeling overwhelmed. My in laws will most likely do the same. We have already started the conversations about small amounts of people coming up at a time, so we'll see how it plays out when it's actually time! 
  • Loading the player...
    30 weeks!   :o  Baby is the size of a cantaloupe or zucchini 

My back is starting to hurt more, indigestion nearly every day, lack of appetite. This morning baby was in a weird/different position and it hurt so bad. Rolled around a bit and drank cold juice and now I’m ok. 

Friday- 30 week/ultrasound. Crazy being at 2 week appointments already! 

4.Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Uh... still haven’t touched the nursery and need to. I still have to go through totes to see what I need clothes, burp cloths, and blanket wise. Lots to do after Christmas. 

Visitors will be extremely minimal both in the hospital and at home. I’m a serious germaphobe and with it being flu season I will be a hot mess which could spiral me into worse PPA than I already deal with. Siblings and grandparents as long as they’re healthy ONLY, that’ll be about it.  :/

29 weeks - baby is the size of an acorn squash

Not really, just getting bigger! Everything else seems the same right now (Braxton Hicks, waking up at night, getting uncomfortable, etc)

None this week - I see my doctor next Tuesday though & I get to schedule my c-section... looking forward to knowing when his birthday will be!

4.Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Rants? Here goes. My MIL. She’s furious with DH and I right now because we’re not driving down to see her for Christmas. She lives in another state, about 8 hours away. We alternate our holidays with family to split the time up evenly, and this year was Thanksgiving with my family, and supposed to be Christmas with her. Well, we haven’t had the smoothest pregnancy this time around and have had lots of testing, ultrasounds, and other things done the last couple of months. She came to visit us in October and she herself told us that we don’t need to feel obligated to come for Christmas and it would be totally okay if we didn’t. Now the time has come and we’ve decided not to go, she has completely flipped her lid. My doctor has said that he doesn’t really want me traveling that far after 32 weeks, and I will be 31 at Christmas. We just feel like that’s cutting it close and with everything that has been going on with this pregnancy we would like to play it safe. She said some pretty rude things to DH over the phone on Saturday & it has been ridiculous. She is not understanding at all and it’s very, very frustrating.

I am okay with visitors as long as they are healthy and they respect our wishes as far as washing their hands, not kissing the baby, etc.
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

27 weeks, lettuce. 

Narcolepsy like fatigue, like I seriously fell asleep while talking to my husband yesterday! 
     No. 
    4.Rants/Raves/Questions?

Only my older kids and parents. I don't like a ton of people right after having a baby. We tell people when we come home. 
    28 weeks - eggplant

Just getting bigger

I go for my regular 28 week appointment and GTT test today.  

4.Rants/Raves/Questions?

None this week

We don’t have large families or big groups of people coming to see the baby.  My parents, my brother/SIL and kids, and my sister will probably visit in the hospital.  Once we are home they will probably visit again with his best friend.  His brother/sister have yet to meet our son who’s 3 a so I don’t think we’ll be seeing him.  His foster parents are constantly sick and in/out of hospital so I don’t know when they’ll meet the baby.