August 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms Thread - week starting 12/10

How are you feeling this week??

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Symptoms Thread - week starting 12/10

• Options
    Five weeks today and not feeling much of anything; just battling a cold right now. I had symptoms pretty early with my first, so I’m trying not to freak myself out. 
  • Options
    5w1d and I still don't have much beyond sore boobs. I read all this stuff about people already having nausea and food aversion, and it makes me nervous that I'm not experiencing that yet. I feel like a dingus for WANTING to be nauseous, but such is the life of a PGAL.  :s
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @eleanorlinus I totally understand wanting the symptoms. I'm 7 wks 4 days and I feel like total a**, but glad for the hint that there is still a baby in there! 

Having all of the food aversions, really only bagels and other carby things sound good. Skipped my morning coffee because the thought of drinking it made me sick, it was actually even hard to make it for DH! Super nauseous, but I escape vommiting most days. Yay...
  • Options
    Trying so hard not to overeat, but I keep getting nauseous and eating always helps :neutral:
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Still not really experiencing any consistent symptoms, which is normal I guess since im only 4w5d. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop though. I stocked up on oyster crackers at the grocery store, just in case it hits this week!  Also, unrelated to pregnancy symptoms, but I've also got a wicked cold (complete with fever and cough). Any suggestions for what I can take? I've not taken anything other than Tylenol all weekend and I'm miserable. 
  • Options
    No symptoms here except for needing to catch my breath far more often. Sometimes when I am just sitting on the couch! Had no m/s last time and that did worry me in the beginning but if it is any comfort to any of you, I had a great pregnancy with no symptoms at all in the beginning, just had some bad heartburn in 3rd tri. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No real symptoms for me yet at 5+1 except I'm having trouble sleeping. Totally unlike me, the last 2 nights I've pretty much just been rolling around annoyed at DH for breathing too close to me lol. Is this a pregnancy thing? Does it go away? I hadn't been feeling too fatigued but today is a different story. 
  • Options
    @mrs_drc_rn and @juliebird6 - sorry about the colds ladies! I hope you both feel better soon!
    @lalala2004 so sorry about the nausea - do mints / hard candies help at all?
    @ecwk - feeling like I needed to catch my breath was my first sign that I should start peeing on sticks last pregnancy. I think it's because of the extra blood that our bodies already starting to make, but someone correct me if I'm wrong?

AFM - Only real symptom is that my blood sugars are all sorts of wacky. I have a dr. appt on Thursday to adjust my insulin so until then it's low / no carb which is tricky to balance the highs / lows. So I guess I can add hangry to my symptom list...

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @juliebird6 I’m pretty sure plain Mucinex is OK if you have congestion.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 sorry about the crazy sugars! Hope everything gets adjusted so they’re back to normal!

@ecwk I really didn’t have any symptoms my first pregnancy either. That heartburn is a killer though! I got a lot of hip pain second tri too.
  • Options
    @juliebird6 @ecwk @morgantu @mrs_drc_rn Thanks for sharing about your lack of symptoms, ladies! Honestly, that makes me feel a lot better. Even though I keep reading (on medical sites, in books, etc) that m/s usually doesn't start until weeks 6-8, and I'm only 5w1d, I keep seeing people at less than 5w talking about allll the nausea and allll the food aversions. I should probably just be grateful it hasn't hit me yet and stop trying to compare myself to other individuals, because that's what we are -- individuals! Of course pregnancy will affect each of us differently. I'm just a needless worrier sometimes.  :D
  • Options
    @ecwk I had to take a break putting on my tights for work this morning bc i was breathing hard. So lame. 

@eleanorlinus I feel you, I'm constantly looking for symptoms but since this is my first time, also dreading them! Let's hope we are just lucky so far (and continue to be). 
  • Options
    @mrs_drc_rn I'm right there with you. This is my second pregnancy and my ms is super mild compared to my first. I know I should be happy about that but this pregnancy was a surprise and I'm getting over a horrible cold so it's making me nervous. Maybe I'm just managing it better because I know my triggers?

Also for you lovely ladies who are unfortunately suffering from ms the only way I got through it in my first pregnancy was to eat lots for protein and avoid sugar and carbs.

Like I'm still mad at the person who told me to eat crackers and drink ginger ale. That made everything worse. Almonds are your friend. 
  • Options
    @eleanorlinus I didn't have any symptoms in the first tri last time, and had a relatively easy pregnancy (with a breech baby at the end). I got nauseous a handful of times in the second tri, and never had many food aversions or cravings. 

@morgantu I had the worst insomnia all throughout my last pregnancy. It was really the only symptom i had in the first tri. 

I am so so so much more tired in this pregnancy than last time. Like, I wake up after sleeping 9 hours and I'm tired? Not sleepy tired, like, body tired. I think it's the low blood pressure because I'm also so out of breath. It's really killing my workouts, which I think isn't helping my energy level either. I have low blood pressure to begin with, and this feels like it's extreme. I have a doc appt on Wednesday and I plan to talk to them about it. 

• Options
    On and off nausea 
    sore boobs 
    restless legs at night when I'm sitting on the couch
    majorly sensitive to smells
  • Options
    I am miserable!! I am so nauseous! It is so hard to eat anything as nothing sounds good. My love for coffee is completely gone and even just the smell of it makes me throw up. I keep plastic bags with wherever I go in case I throw up. I get hungry and I will try and eat something but then I feel completely miserable again. This is my 3rd pregnancy and never felt this terrible with either of the other two. I just want to sleep but with two kids at home that’s nearly impossible.
  • Options
    Almost 7w and feel pretty crappy. All day nausea and tired. I have a handful of things that sound ok to eat and the rest of my poor family have to fend for themselves at meals. 
  • Options
    I'm so tired, like I'm sitting here writing this post and about to fall asleep tired. It doesn't help that I two very active boys and a bunch or errands I had to run this morning. I just want a nap! Why won't my 4 year old take a nap anymore? Granted he hasn't napped in over a year, but some days I wish he would start up again.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    On and off nausea 
    sore boobs 
    restless legs at night when I'm sitting on the couch
    majorly sensitive to smells
    I get restless legs too! It’s so annoying. Also sensitive to smells and still feel sick a lot of the time with a gross taste in my mouth. Still haven’t thrown up though! 
  • Options
    For all those complaining about colds, that can actually be a pregnancy symptom. 1. Your immune system is down and 2. You a producing more mucous than usual ;)

AFM: Not to much, not going to lie it makes me kind of nervous. I'm 4.4 today. I do wake up starving in the morning which is unusual for me though. I am also constantly thirsty. A few twinges in my abd and boobs here and there but nothing constant
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @juliebird6 my #1 recommendation for colds is the neti pot. Always clears me up SO much faster. Also breathe right strips for nighttime.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    No symptoms here (yet), either. I never really had m/s last time, although I do remember a general feeling of carsickness for awhile, but not bad enough that I couldn't -- or didn't want to -- eat! I have the feeling of 'restless legs' at night. I'm not sure if that's a pg symptom, or I'm just restless in bed these days. I'm having a lot of trouble focusing--I would really rather read all the things about babies than work right now, tbh. 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    @cwagner86 ugh, girl I’m sorry. I’d die without my coffee! 

@kindbytealikat I’m hungrier than usual lately but i don’t know if it’s just a mental thing and I’m justifying eating everything in site!
  • Options
    I’m on my second cold in three weeks — this is brutal! My sense of smell is intense, we flew home yesterday and I thought I was going to lose my mind with all the smells on the plane! I’m nauseous, had my first food craving today and I think I have pregnancy rage. I get so mad over dumb things. 

Im only 6w.. it’s going to be a long first trimester 
  • Options
    7w today and I started spotting last night and freaked out. It’s really light and brown and mixed with CM. I took another HPT this morning to make sure it’s still positive (it is). Then later I called and spoke to the midwife to learn it’s completely normal and only to worry if I have cramping and heavy red bleeding. I never had a single droplet of spotting in my first pregnancy so I was really freaked out. I feel better knowing it’s normal, but it’s still so stressful. On top of that my symptoms have been fairly mild so that also has me worried. I just need to keep repeating to myself that every pregnancy is different. Over and over again!
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    Anyone else been feeling like Alicia Keys? These girls are on fiiiire!! Holy nip pain! Also my sense of small is out of control. I would probably be freaking out if I didn’t have any symptoms though so trying not to complain :smile:@mrs_drc_rn I’ve definitely been hungrier than usual too.
  • Options
    I am so fatigued and have low key nausea all day... but what worries me the most are my cramps. I have what feels like period cramps on and off all day (it’s been like this for about 1.5 weeks) but every once in a while, I feel twinging/ pulling pains in my ovaries. The pain can get pretty bad at times but eventually dies down.

It’s my first pregnancy so I am really nervous and I am not seeing a dr until January 9th. I am about 5 weeks... does anyone else feel this and received confirmation that all is good? 
  • Options
    elladae said:
    I am so fatigued and have low key nausea all day... but what worries me the most are my cramps. I have what feels like period cramps on and off all day (it’s been like this for about 1.5 weeks) but every once in a while, I feel twinging/ pulling pains in my ovaries. The pain can get pretty bad at times but eventually dies down.

It’s my first pregnancy so I am really nervous and I am not seeing a dr until January 9th. I am about 5 weeks... does anyone else feel this and received confirmation that all is good? 
    If you’re nervous it never hurts to put a call in to your doctor. That said, cramping can be completely normal and I believe slightly more common with first time pregnancy as your uterus adjust to its job and the egg gets settled. I had period cramps for weeks with my first, just a few here and there this go round 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    ^^^ This is exactly what I was going to say. I had a lot of cramps with my first, but not too many this time.
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat @amac12999 thanks girls! That is really reassuring. I figured all is good, but every cramp gets me more and more worried. I will give my dr. a quick call just to be safe tomorrow, but that really helps the anxiety level haha! 
  • Options
    I had moderate spotting this weekend and my pregnancy symptoms (sore breasts, sensitivity to smell, mild nausea) have completely vanished... I have my first prenatal checkup tomorrow morning. Praying everything's ok. :(
  • Options
    @elladae I am having the same (also a FTM), my OB said not to worry as long as they aren’t so bad I am like bowled over in pain and as long as they aren’t accompanied by bleeding (light spotting doesn’t count, although luckily I haven’t even had that as it would further freak me out). I guess our utes are just really gearing up! Not fun though!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    elladaeelladae member
    edited December 2017
    @legallykate phew!! Good to know. No spotting or bleeding here either. If gearing up is all that’s happening, bring it on! Glad to know I’m not the only one :) 
  • Options
    4w2d. Constant all day nausea. I have crohns disease and any change of hormones throws me over the edge. That, and the spidey sense of smell already, are driving me nuts. 
  • Options
    TMI warning

Constipation has set in and judging by my last pregnancy isn't going away until baby is here. 8 months of straining here I come  :(
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    brzvice said:
    TMI warning

Constipation has set in and judging by my last pregnancy isn't going away until baby is here. 8 months of straining here I come  :(
    Colace is your friend.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    @lalala2004 I literally wrote the exact same reply last night! Must have not pressed 'post' 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @chickadee55 - thinking of you today! let us know how your appointment goes

@mrsinterweb - spotting is so stressful in early pregnancy! I don't know if it helps at all but I spotted through week 12 with my last pregnancy and everything was fine. I'm so glad your midwife was able to make you feel better!

@elladae - echoing what the other ladies have said - cramping in early pregnancy is totally normal, and I agree with @kindbytealikat that it never hurts to put a call in to your Dr. But I hope the cramping eases up soon!

@brzvice - I've got my giant bag of prunes on standby for when the constipation sets in. Just ugh.

@nll0803 - so sorry about the nausea, I hope it eases up soon!

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I’m around 4 weeks and am feeling more symptoms early on than with my other pregnancies. So far,I’ve experienced  a few moments of nausea, sore breasts, shortness of breath, and a crampy feeling at night. I’m also very irritable, poor DH, and get hangry more often than usual. 
      With my first son, I had crazy painful round ligament pain and first trimester fatigue kicked in early. With my second, I never felt pregnant until q week before I gave birth. It was a dream pregnancy. With my third, I just had some back pain. 

• Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 thank you so much. The dip test showed a very faint line that required a second opinion, and they took my blood. I have a follow-up appointment later this week to compare the hcg levels. I was hoping for a definite answer today, but now I still have a small bit of hope even though it's not looking good. 

I'm not sure if there's a designated place on this board to be updating this? I'm new and it's my first pregnancy.