Babies on the Brain
Options

Weekly Chat - 12/10

What are you looking forward to this week?

What are you dreading? 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? 

Random thoughts?

GTKY: What's your favorite winter activity?
Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
Diminished ovarian reserve
BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020

Re: Weekly Chat - 12/10

• Options
    My husband coming home. The last week has been hellish and I’ve been dealing with it all without him.

What are you dreading? 
    Not much, surprisingly

Not eat all the caramel popcorn I made for a potluck at work on Wednesday. Maybe finish wrapping Christmas presents. I’ve only got a couple more.

Random thoughts?

I like taking crisp walks. I also like playing in the snow, but we don’t get much snow.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    What are you looking forward to this week? Last full week of work this year!

What are you dreading? Lotsa work to do before I’m off. 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Nothing really

Random thoughts? 

GTKY: What's your favorite winter activity? Sledding while it’s snowing! 

@meggyme - yay for YH coming home! GL with the popcorn!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What are you looking forward to this week? One of my best friends is having her Christmas party on Saturday!

What are you dreading? Nothing really, just anticipating another busy work week.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Getting back into yoga cause I super need to for my stress level, and figuring out the last few Christmas gifts on my list.

Random thoughts? Anyone else get hit by the snowstorm over the weekend? We neeeever get snow that sticks this early - it was so pretty, but everything is melting and gross today.

GTKY: What's your favorite winter activity? Staying inside and drinking warm drinks... I'm not a fan of being cold. Haha

@meggyme Glad YH is coming back so you can get a break!

@catlady2015 Good luck with your work week! 
  • Options
    Hopefully finishing my Christmas shopping and wrapping so I can actually get into the holiday spirit instead of stressing over everything.

What are you dreading? 
    Actually having to go out to get my shopping done.. catch 22.

LOL- Christmas shopping! Plus get most of my work clued up for this year. And I need to order Christmas cards.

Random thoughts?

Much like @diaphena Sitting inside with hot drinks in front of a fire place. 
  • Options
    What are you looking forward to this week? The weekend!! Another long week for me...

What are you dreading? My final exam is on Thursday, although I am ready for it to be over with.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Wrap some Christmas presents! Ordered mostly online this year so as they’re coming in I want to get them wrapped.

Random thoughts? Talked with H more seriously about TTC last night and that went well. Also looking into getting a puppy! We have one dog already but she would love a sibling :)

GTKY: What's your favorite winter activity? Snow days!!! Extra days off from work that I get to sleep in, usually hang out with H and play with our dog in the snow.
  • Options
    @dogmomma271 I love having 2 dogs! They keep each other company and they are the best of friends!! 
  • Options
    @dogmomma271 - GL with your exam this week! Glad you and YH had a great discussion about TTC as well. :) 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @meggyme Yay for DH coming home! That has to be a huge relief. And mmmmmm popcorn! I would have no self-control. We recently ordered some cheesy popcorn from a boy scout and DH and I killed a whole $22 tin in under 15 minutes! :o

@catlady2015 Yay for the last full workweek! That's awesome. Also, your cabbage patch gif is slightly creeping me out and mesmerizing at the same time. I'm rarely on desktop and just now seeing it!

@diaphena We got hit with snow but it is still here. I live by a great lake, so we get fun "lake effect snow," which amps everything up. I hope you make it back into yoga to destress a little.

@kristah2 It sounds like we have the same goals! I decided not to stress and do Christmas cards. I feel sort of rebellious because it's DS's first Christmas and I feel obligated to send one of those cutesy photo cards a la Shutterfly, but I'm just like...nope. Not worth the time or stress.

@dogmomma271 GL with the final! Glad you had a productive TTC chat, and that's so exciting that you are getting a puppy! Do you know what kind yet?

I'm super looking forward to my husband's work Christmas party tonight. I don't have to cook dinner and I might have an alcoholic beverage! I'm also super happy I started paying my mom to deep clean my house once or twice a month and she did it today. I feel bad renting my mom out like that, but I could use the break and she could use the money! It was amazing to walk into a super clean house today!

What are you dreading?
    Just sludging through the workweek, and trying to finish Christmas shopping.

Finish Christmas shopping so I can spend the next week wrapping and relaxing. I actually really love wrapping presents!

Random thoughts?
    Not really.

Drinking coffee or hot tea and snuggling on the couch watching TV/movies!
  • Options
    @meggyme Yay! I'm happy YH is coming home! What sort of recipe do you use for your popcorn? I've never made homemade caramel corn, but I have some caramel recipes.

@catlady2015 Yay for the last full week of the year!

@diaphena Have fun at the Christmas party! We had a frost here that apparently caused actual snow up at the state line, but nothing where I actually live.

@kristah2 I haven't even started my Christmas shopping. We're not going to have the money to do much of anything, but that's our life right now.

@dogmomma271 Good luck with the exam on Thursday! Also, yay for puppies!

@Wishilivedinflorida Hope you have fun at the party! I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with paying your mom to do the cleaning like that. If she needs the money and you need the break, it's a fair trade!

What are you looking forward to this week? I honestly don't know. Maybe going back to work on Thursday?

What are you dreading? Every. Single. Thing. Dealing with the car accident crap. We've decided to hire a lawyer, so I won't be talking about many details. DH has his second stress test for his heart tomorrow. My CT redo on Wednesday morning, which I have to drink more barium for. My HSG on Wednesday afternoon, which I'm nervous about. Trying to pay bills when we have no money thanks to me being sick and then having to have extra doctor appointments due to the car accident.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Survive. Preferably without strangling my husband (anxiety reaction, not necessarily anything he's done; case in point, we started bickering today because neither of us could find the super glue).

Random thoughts? We had follow ups today due to the ER visit. We're both doing okay, just really sore and exhausted. I tried to drive today (I was the driver when we were hit), but I made it about ten minutes down the road before having to pull into a parking lot because I was about to have a panic attack. I made DH drive the rest of the way to the doctor. My doctor (I was able to see my PCP specifically) and I decided that it might be a good idea for me to start an anti-anxiety medication, so she's referring me to a psychiatrist. She was going to prescribe it herself, but with us TTGP, she decided it was better to have them decide. I'd mentioned anxiety and depression to her a few times previously, but it was under control. Not so much now. So we'll see what happens.

GTKY: What's your favorite winter activity? Being in Florida during the winter? I'm not a fan of cold and snow. DH is.

• Options
    Hi guys!  Sorry I've been MIA - work has been crazy, my husband is finally getting over his pneumonia, but that sucked for a while, and yeah, I haven't had any bump time lately!  Anyway, hi! *waves*

@meggyme - Glad your husband is coming home!!

@catlady2015 - Lots of work before the break here too!  Good luck getting through it all!

@diaphena - Yay for Christmas party!  And I need to get back into yoga too but it's been...years. My flexibility is completely gone!

@kristah2 - Good luck with Christmas shopping! Can you do any of it online? We're trying to do literally everything online this year and not have to brave the mall at all!

@dogmomma271 - Good luck with your final! And so jealous you're talking about getting another dog!  We would love another one, but things are probably crazy enough with 2 cats, a dog and a toddler. In a couple of years though I can't wait!

@Wishilivedinflorida - Oh my gosh, coming home to a super clean house sounds amaaaazing. That's great it works out for you and your mom!

It being over!  Lol.  Well, I suppose I'm very much looking forward to this weekend, which I think counts. We're doing allllll of the Christmas stuff, because we haven't had time to do any of it yet.  So, we are getting a tree, decorating it, taking DD to get a photo with Santa, mailing our Christmas cards, buying whatever Christmas presents we have left!

What are you dreading? 
    The next two weeks of work are going to be insane. I'm dreading basically every work day between now and Christmas.

All of the aforementioned Christmas things, 3 workouts, 6-7 days of calorie counting and writing the last two episodes of a webseries I've been writing!

Random thoughts?
    I was accidentally left off of the invite for our show's premiere party and I am feeling irrationally hurt about it.

Well, we live in sunny Socal, so sadly we don't get much in the way of winter activities. We've been trying to get into the habit of going to the beach on Christmas and I think we'll probably do that this year.
  • Options
    @maureenmce All that Christmas stuff sounds so fun! I hope you guys enjoy it. Did they get the invite sorted out at work? That would make me sad, too.
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida I actually just posted it in the TTGP cookie exchange. Here it is again: https://cookiesandcups.com/salted-caramel-popcorn/

@kristah2 after having DD I started doing a Christmas email newsletter instead of paying for cards (half of which we don’t send or get returned to sender) and postage. Since a large portion of our Xmas card list is military they were all moving too often to keep up with. And it lets me add multiple pictures.
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ Yeah, it's all sorted out and I'm officially on the invite list now, but it just kind of hurt my feelings and is also annoying because if I'd known about it earlier I would've gotten a sitter, but now I either can't go or if I go, I'll be leaving my husband to do bedtime solo and he still has coughing fits pretty bad at night so I don't know if I want to do it.  Anyway, bleh.  It's fine, it was just a mistake.
  • Options
    Sorry everyone, it's difficult to do tags on mobile when I'm this far behind in the thread...

Looking forward to: Wednesday is DSs Christmas party at daycare, so I get to take off work a couple hours early for that! Also DHs grandma is going to come stay with us Friday. We don't see her much, and usually it's never just her (which I love her, but his aunt and uncles are NOT my favorite people!), so I'm excited to have her come see our house :) 

Dreading: Ugh, today was day 1 of preparing and mailing checks to counties to pay people's taxes, I'll be so happy when I'm done with others taxes lol

Goals: maybe get our PJs cut out. I've got all three patterns printed, just have to tape and cut my sons which shouldn't be hard. And got the fabric pre-washed! But if I don't get going we won't have Christmas pjs  :#

Random: DH and I have seen Moana so many times that we've reached the point of researching the actual stories and mythology behind Maui lol

GTKY: ice skating! I did it competitively for 12 years growing up, so I'm excited to share that with my family! We took DS (21 mos) skating a couple weeks ago and he LOVED it!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @kristah2 I'm with you on both looking forward to and dreading Christmas shopping. I've got most of mine done but no idea what to get for a few people...

@dogmomma271 Hope your final goes well! And yay puppy! I would love to have another dog but we're kind of at our limit on animals... plus I think mine is fine with being an only pup, she gets too jealous :)

@Wishilivedinflorida I live in the south so when we get snow it's big news, haha. Our snow is all melted and gone now. I like wrapping presents too - it's relaxing!

@dreamscapes_ So sorry you're dealing with more anxiety after the car accident. Meds can be a lot of help, and just amping up whatever coping skills you've used for anxiety in the past (I say this and realize you certainly already know that, but hey).  Good luck with all the appointments!

@maureenmce I've never been flexible but yeah, now I'm worse off than before, haha. I managed to do a short  yoga class last night so hopefully I'll do the same again tonight. Good luck with all your work! Just keep thinking about Christmas on the beach.. :)

@CecilB93 Have fun at DS's party! Daycare Christmas party sounds adorable, haha.
  • Options
    @catlady2015 Thank you!!

@Wishilivedinflorida We are looking into mini golden doodles but are just starting the process!

@maureenmce We've been talking about it for years, and now that we finally have a house with a fenced in yard I think I've convinced H it's time!

• Options
    @diaphena This is going to sound weird, but I never really realized that I had anxiety until about three years ago, when DH and I moved in. So it's something I'm still working on learning to deal with and control. We figured it out after I had a panic attack one day. So we'll see what happens. My CT got re-scheduled, DH's stress test went okay, and we're just waiting on the rest.
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ Not weird at all, I deal with anxiety myself and looking back I realize I had it even as a child and a teenager. I didn't know that it was anxiety I was experiencing until I was maybe... 23 or 24? So really just the last 5ish years. It's hard to recognize when you're in the thick of it! But once I knew what it was I could figure out how to deal with it better. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk more about it. :)
  • Options
    Since I'm "new" here I won't meddle in anybody's posts until you get acquainted with me more, but hello ladies! I posted on the intro thread to get my name out there :)

Christmas Break! Today was the kiddo's last day of school until the 4th.

What are you dreading? 
    Dealing with my aunt panicking about Christmas dinner until it happens- because worrying is what she does, even though everything is under control haha

Get the littles enrolled in early head start before this next semester begin. I have applications filled out for two schools, so FX one can fit them out.

Random thoughts?
    My life is a compilation of random thoughts...

Staying inside and baking! I love sweets, and being warm ;)
  • Options
    **lurker warning**
    @dreamscapes_ I am sorry you were in an accident. I think it is completely understandable that driving afterwards would be difficult. I hope all you and your DHs scans/tests went well. 

@maureenmce & @cecilb93 - hi ladies!

@allythekid - I remember you!! I'm only a dirty lurker on this board for the most part now but welcome back! The ladies here are amazing so you will fit right in :) 
  • Options
    Back to work today... womp womp. Did anyone get something fun for Christmas? I got some sweet new headphones!