July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Ticker change (12/9-12/10)

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling?

Any upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves?

Questions? 

GTKY: In light of the snow in NYC today, I’m thinking all about vacation!! What is your favorite vacation destination and why? 

Re: Weekend Ticker change (12/9-12/10)

• Options
    How far along are you? 7 weeks

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Tired all the time. On and off nausea. 

Any upcoming appointments? Firs US on Saturday!

Rants/Raves? Yay snow! So pretty out here. We went out and got all our errands done during the storm yesterday so we can relax today. Was so nice because there were barely any lines! Love it. 

Questions?  Nothing right now

GTKY: In light of the snow in NYC today, I’m thinking all about vacation!! What is your favorite vacation destination and why? I'm so unoriginal. I love Disney World. I can keep going back. There are so many things to do there that I can never get bored. We typically only go for long weekends but I'd like to go for a bit longer one time so I don't feel rushed. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    9 weeks- I have a little cherry!! 

How are you feeling?
    Some day she are good, some days are bad. MS was so bad on Friday I had to leave work. But I was stressed out and hadn’t slept well on Thursday so I think that contributed to it. My appetite still isn’t too high. But I’m not complaining. Doc said I should only be gaining 10-15 lbs this pregnancy since I’m already overweight. 

Not until 12/19. They do them every 4 weeks and man this feels like it’s been forever, I just want to see baby again and make sure all is well. I have my NT US on 12/29.

Rants/Raves?
    Rants- we just found out that we have to move out of our beautiful inexpensive 2 bedroom apartment. Had planned to stay here for another two years. Long story is the rent will be increasing drastically and we simply can’t afford it. For the short term we will be living with DH’s parents. (I’m praying it is very short term) then looking for a place and saving while staying with them. Just not something I thought we’d have to add to the anxiety plate anytime soon. And the idea of living there potentially with a newborn is not making me feel so calm. 

Questions? 
    How the heck do you get through the work day with bad MS. I’ve literally just avoided all my coworkers but Friday I was running for the restroom. Everything was making me sick. It was so bad I started to think I had a stomach virus, until DH politely reminded me- that’s just baby. Ugh. Lol 

GTKY: In light of the snow in NYC today, I’m thinking all about vacation!! What is your favorite vacation destination and why? 
    I absolutely love Cape Cod- it is one of my all time favorite destinations. And it’s close enough to drive from NY- so double score. My best friend from high school and I started going every summer since we were about 12.

I’m also partial to the Jersey Shore. My parents have rented a beach house for the past few summers. My DH, my other 3 siblings and Aunt, Uncle and 2 cousin she go. We absolutely look forward to this all year! We go in August so not sure what will happen this year. But my parents already added an extra unit just for me, baby and DH should we decide to go. 

@nimmle I went to Disney for the first time the year I turned 30! I had such an amazing time. I could def see how you would want to go time and again!!! It’s the best place on earth!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    10 weeks- going back to my original Friday check in after my surprise u/s this past Friday but doing one more weekend check in before moving back 

How are you feeling?
    have had terrible MS/nausea since about week 5 but has started to ease up this past week. Had a scare with some spotting on Friday that led to a surprise u/s (was really fearing the worst, super lucky to have an OB for a MIL who was able to get us seen immediately upon noticing it). The babies looked great, measured a little ahead of 10 weeks with strong heartbeats so just really relieved 

Actually despite getting a surprise u/s on Friday I am still keeping my appointment tomorrow-my OB said there’s plenty to do. Also have an NT scan and NIPS testing the following Monday so excited for many opportunities to check on the babies through the end of first tri 

Rants/Raves?
    Have a really long terrible week and a half coming up with work before we get to break for the holidays. My boss has been really cool up until now with me working from home while super sick but I don’t want to test his patience. Hoping MS stays away this week as I have basically zero leeway to slack off. Can’t wait for the holidays 

Questions? 
    All good for now I think 

Definitely Paris. Literally any time we go to Europe Paris is a mandatory stop for a least a day or two. It’s the only place other than NYC (where we already live) where I feel there is just no other city that comes close. Ugh I want to go now and gorge on Pierre Herme macarons.

@catftm2018  can you work remotely? That’s the only way I’ve been able to deal. Also where on the jersey shore do you go? My in laws have a house there-I has never been before dating my husband but it is certainly a nice change of pace from the hamptons in the summer, which are exhausting. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9 weeks!

How are you feeling? Good! Still a little nausea(not too bad), breast tenderness, moodiness.

Any upcoming appointments? Tomorrow!!!!

Rants/Raves?

Questions? 

GTKY: In light of the snow in NYC today, I’m thinking all about vacation!! What is your favorite vacation destination and why? Oh wow that one's tough for me.. My family always took a vacation every year, and it was always so much fun.. But maybe The Smokey Mountains! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9 weeks per LMP, few days behind per ultrasound but not changing due date yet.

How are you feeling? I've been sick with a horrible cold for over a week, it's exhausting. Pregnancy wise I'm good, no symptoms really.

Any upcoming appointments? Check in w/ OB on December 28, NT scan on January 4th.

Rants/Raves? Eh, feeling bummed this weekend. Sick of being sick and not being able to breathe. I'm also sad because we usually have such fun weekends and this time we're not doing much, feels like a waste. I've been stressing about baby being ok too.

Questions? What do you guys make for a quick and healthy dinner? I'm bored with the regular stuff, need some new ideas.

GTKY: In light of the snow in NYC today, I’m thinking all about vacation!! What is your favorite vacation destination and why? Probably Belize and Aruba. I love the ocean so much. Hubby and I are really in to paddle boarding, snorkeling, diving and all things on the water. We also like Italy though we're more outdoorsy vs history/art people.  We're planning on a trip to Madagascar sometime in the not so distant future.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7w

How are you feeling? Better, but still on bedrest for bleeding. It’s very light and there are no period like cramps, so I’m staying optimistic. 

Any upcoming appointments? Thursday and it can’t come fast enough! 

Rants/Raves? I don’t like being stuck in bed. It makes my family grouchy and when they are grouchy I am grouchy too

Questions? 

GTKY: In light of the snow in NYC today, I’m thinking all about vacation!! What is your favorite vacation destination and why? Hawaii! We’ve done Oahu and Maui and I think I want to do the big island next. I love it there! Perfect weather year round, plenty of adventure or relaxation depending on my mood and absolutely beautiful! 
  • Options
    celainevcelainev member
    edited December 2017
    How far along are you? 
    10 weeks + 2 days! But I'm measuring ahead... Dr said baby was as big as a lime already on Wednesday!

How are you feeling? 
    I'm feeling less sorry for myself, but physically not any better. Same as last pregnancy - lots of nausea, vomiting, no appetite, headaches from no caffeine, dizzy spells, but thankfully no fainting yet!! 

Ultrasound on Wednesday! I just had one last Wednesday but I'm excited to see little peanut again and this time get some photos!

Rants/Raves? 
    DH works in South America and I am in Canada so it's getting to be a bit lonely. Feeling a bit of guilt because I can't do much and my toddler has so much energy. My family has been so helpful but they are getting a bit tired of helping me (I can tell.) So it makes me feel even more lonely.

I'm also a little mad at my mom for announcing I'm pregnant to everyone she knows. I just ordered Christmas cards that announced our pregnancy, but before I could even send them out my entire extended family congratulated me. So who am I giving these cards to now?

Questions? 
    Anyone not spending nearly the amount of time on decorating or purchasing gifts for Christmas? I have the tree and stockings up and thats it. I feel like I just care less about that stuff right now. 

GTKY: 
    I went to Orlando last year and it was soooo much fun going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for the first time. I'm a huge fan and it was so emotional being captivated by the magic of the place. But my favourite place to go is Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. We have a condo there and it is just so relaxing to go and get away to a place I'm familiar with. We usually go twice a year but we went to Hawaii instead this past year. So we're going again in February and I just cannot wait. 
    @catftm2018 I'm pretty sure if I were to get the stomach flu right now I wouldn't even notice! It does feel extremely similar to MS. The only way I would know is if my toddler began throwing up! I find that getting fresh air helps, even though I get really dizzy. Even just sitting on a chair outside while my toddler plays lifts my mood and makes me forget how sick I feel. 
    @runsomewhere I'm actually mad at myself because I wanted to be all healthy this pregnancy but the MS makes it hard to eat anything but starchy foods! But I usually have ingredients prepped in the fridge for a salad. I'm not much of a meat eater though so usually it's a squash salad at this time of year! :)
    @blair_krank I just went to Oahu for the first time this year! It was amazing! But so much traffic. My husband's job gets great perks for traveling so I hope to do Maui next! Did you like Maui better?
  • Options
    blair_krankblair_krank member
    edited December 2017
    @celainev, they are so different, so it’s hard to compare, but if you didn’t like Honolulu traffic that does not exist in Maui. I live for the people watching on Waikiki, but the Road to Hana on Maui is probably of in my top 5 favorite days of my life. 
  • Options
    @celainev, they are so different, so it’s hard to compare, but if you didn’t like Honolulu traffic that does not exist in Maui. I live for the people watching on Waikiki, but the Road to Hana on Maui is probably of in my top 5 favorite days of my life. 
    I would love to try Maui. Did you stay in a resort or Airbnb? 
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    How far along are you? 9w1d

How are you feeling? Nauseous. Tired.  Irritable.  Giant (4th baby)

Any upcoming appointments? No, I've already had two.

Rants/Raves?  I'm pretty sad today because during the week, work gets the best part of me. By evening. I'm exhausted and nauseous.  I'm snappy and don't feel like parenting, wife-ing, or adulting.

Questions? 

I love South Carolina.  All of it.   Born and raised in Kansas and haven't ever felt more claustrophobic here.  I went twice to SC this Year and am worried I won't make it in 2018.

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Options
    celainev said:
    I would love to try Maui. Did you stay in a resort or Airbnb? 
    We’ve done both. If we go again I would do the Airbnb because it’s much more affordable and you can still access all the resort amenities. On second thought, if we took kids I might do the resort because they usually have onsite babysitters. But I loved the condo we stayed at the first time because I got an ocean view for had the price of a resort room. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7w1d

How are you feeling? Ugh. Nausea all day and tired. It’s starting to mess with my mental health and emotions too (not just the pregnancy hormones, but feeling sick all the time. ) 

Any upcoming appointments? Nada until January. 

Rants/Raves? I’m so over feeling sick. But my husband has been great this weekend!

Questions? None tonight. 

GTKY: In light of the snow in NYC today, I’m thinking all about vacation!! What is your favorite vacation destination and why? I like traveling to South Dakota. It’s beautiful in the black hills and we have family in the area. 

• Options
    How far along are you? 8+1

How are you feeling? Exhausted! Bitchy. Got some random pains going on down there. Did I mention exhausted. Otherwise, no ms, tatas are heavy however don't really hurt. It worries me because I have nothing else to go on, so i keep thinking, is my baby okay?

Any upcoming appointments? Wed. Dec 27th is my 10 weeks check up. 

Rants/Raves? I'm just annoyed at life. My psychiatrist's office called to tell me  that the 3 medications I'm on are "generally okay during pregnancy". However, he would prefer that I not be on any of them for the first trimester. My mental health is a HUGE thing for me. I'm not taking 1 because of my psych saying previously (back in June/July) its not recommended until 3rd trimester. His nurse then sent me a link to educate myself on these medications and pregnancy. Then I am to make my own decision. 

Questions? 

GTKY: In light of the snow in NYC today, I’m thinking all about vacation!! What is your favorite vacation destination and why? San Quintin, Baja, Berkeley, CA, Puerto Nuevo, Baja, my bed 
    San Quintin and Puerto Nuevo because they are relaxing places. Berkeley because I love the feel and vibe of the people. My bed...self explanatory. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker