Alaska Babies

Anyone else in Alaska?

It looks like this Alaska Babies section is pretty dead. Is there anyone else still active on it? I'm new to this forum and looking to meet some people in my area, if possible! :)

Re: Anyone else in Alaska?

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited December 2017
    There are very few Alaskans on this board, it seems like. I am in Alaska and had my baby six months ago. I don't meet people through forums though because I'm just a little "stranger danger" leery. Sorry!

Hope you're able to connect with people, though! You should find your birth month board (bmb), and there could be local people there. Also, see if your area has a Moms of Preschoolers (mops) group. They are birth through preschool age get togethers. 
  • I’m up here in the Golden Heart City. 

Im due in June, first baby...trying to figure out if I’ll need to size up a winter coat or not! It’s been so warm this year that I’m hoping I won’t need to!
  • Loading the player...
  • helenbz said:
    I’m up here in the Golden Heart City. 

Im due in June, first baby...trying to figure out if I’ll need to size up a winter coat or not! It’s been so warm this year that I’m hoping I won’t need to!
    I had my daughter in June, and I never got a bigger coat. My existing coat was able to cover my bump until the weather got warm enough to leave it undone. 
  • @lovesclimbing

I’m hoping I can do that too! It’s been super warm here but if it gets to 40 below and I can’t zip up my coat, I might be feeling sad. 

June might be the greatest time to have an Alaskan baby!
  • I'm out off the road system accross the straight from Nome. I'm due in March and don't plan on sizing up my coat, but it's getting tough to zip. I did have to buy new snow pants. My snowsuit stopped fitting around 20 weeks. I plan to steal one of my husband's coats if I need to.

JGL