Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Insomnia after D&C?

This seems like a mostly dead board, but here goes. 

I had a D&C this morning, at nine weeks (blighted ovum, the sac stopped growing at six weeks). I hardly slept the night before, and now it’s 4am and I am wide awake. 

Is this just hormones raging/crashing? I didn’t think that my proprofol power nap was that effective!

I opted for the D&C because I wanted my body to reset sooner, but I don’t remember reading about this side effect :grimace:
NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: Insomnia after D&C?

• I was absolutely exhausted for several days after my D&C. It could be from the procedure. Also, the hormones from the PG and anxiety/depression from the MC can lead to over-tiredness during the day, but insomnia at night.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• I had insomnia from the emotions of the miscarriage.  I carried the pregnancy for 2 weeks before having the d&c, and I was having a really hard time sleeping.  
  • Loading the player...
  • dpjennifer @holly321! Yesterday a surgery center nurse called to see how I was doing, so I asked her. She said that insomnia is not common, but it's not unheard of either. She did say that melatonin is okay to take, just not on the same day as the general anesthesia. 

Regardless, I only had insomnia the night of the D&C (so far!). I slept great last night, cramping has been minimal, and I am passing tiny bits of tissue now. Still healing and taking it slow :blush:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary