August 2018 Moms

STM + Check-in Dec 6

13»

Re: STM + Check-in Dec 6

• @mamaek we never really co-slept but my son has gone through phases of not sleeping well in his room. I got his baby monitor back out and we would talk to him through it when he was having issues with waking/wanting us in his bed or in our bed. 
  • @ecwk for real. My mom says I was a great sleeper, and I was also a super compliant kid. I love DS, but having a kid just like me would be nice  o:)

DS is DH’s mini. They showed me some home videos over Christmas and it was incredible how active DH was. He’s such a sedentary person now, idk what happened :lol:
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 4w2d

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? team finding out for sure

How old are your other kids?  We have a 2.5 year old DS

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)-  Anyone else have a 2.5 year old not potty trained?  The struggle is real
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • @shri929 my brother wasn’t potty trained until almost 4, so I’m prepared for the long haul if necessary. I hear so many people say to start at 18 months, but I will wait as long as I need to for him to start showing signs. I’m not fighting that battle right now.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @shri929 @lalala2004 we didn’t start with DS until he showed signs that he was ready. Even then, it took a bit. We started around the time he turned three in April, and just last month got to the point where we are entirely out of diapers for day and night. 
  • @shri929 I started potty training just after 2 he just turned 3 and still completely doesn’t have it.

also I understand the not letting them cry alone but if you go in their room the minute they start crying they don’t have to learn to put themselves back to sleep. I’m not a cry it out by any means but my life improved when he learned he could put himself back to sleep. I also didn’t nurse either so there’s that
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @mrs_drc_rn I wish we had waited longer. Day care started training my son around 18 months and he's 3 now. He's somewhat trained during the day (he honestly has to be prompted to go more often than not) and in diapers overnight. I have not pushed the issue at all because I felt they started him WAY too early, and he's just now realizing that crapping your pants isn't cool. Lol. 
  • @Firemanswife11 18 months is really early! DS’s daycare started asking him if he wanted to use the potty more than we were at home so I sort of felt a little rushed. They told us last year that he wouldn’t move up to preschool unless he was close to being fully potty-trained but thankful he started to show more interest in it over the summer. 
  • How far along are you? 7 weeks

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? Still waiting to find out, probably at 20 weeks

How old are your other kids? Turning 4 and turning 2 within then next month

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- I am not really sure if DS1 has figured out about the baby or not. I have asked him how he would feel having a baby brother or sister and wanted to tell him when he was asking why I had nausea... but kind of stopped short. Then yesterday he says to me "Soon you will have a baby!" so not sure and that made me want to officially tell them sooner than later. I had been thinking of waiting till we know the sex (I was going to do the Panorama test electively) to make it more real but maybe I won't, especially since we are telling our families soon and everything.

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? So far both have started with A but I don't think I will do it for this one.

• How far along are you? 5+6

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? We’ll find out

How old are your other kids? 7yo next week

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- The 1st grade attitude is awful. “I don’t care” is now his most-used phrase. He’s also currently grounded from cartoons, Netflix, tablet time, & Xbox after he went home with the neighbor kid on Friday, lied about me being home, then lied to me about what he told the neighbor. 

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? No 
  • @Firemanswife11 L did over night training on himself by 18 months. He has special 'chonies' (panties are for girls, but potty and boxers don't rhyme. co chonies it is) that he gets to wear to bed. He has only had an 'over night' accident 1 time since August. HOWEVER, during the day is a totally different story. I'm letting daycare handle it, unless I really feel up to the 'naked all day' part during Christmas break. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @shri929 Rory is precisely 2.5 (1/2 bday was Saturday lol). Totally team diapers. He’s not remotely interested and I’m good with that. Early PT young children are a massive pita and sooooo overrated!!!!! I’m a big fan of waiting till they train themselves which my first two did at 2y11 and 2y8. 3 is AVERAGE, 2.5 is early esp for boys. 

Dont rush it. It’s so much easier when they are so ready they do it themselves. I was talking it up, but they both woke up one day and said ‘ok fine I’ll start using the potty today’ and did. It was that easy, no ‘training’ and few accidents. 

Pushung before they are ready can cause issues and hobestly winter is harder bc so many clothes.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• @princesslockness lol how much kids vary! My oldest at 6.5 trained before 3 daytime easy prays and still needs a pull-up at night! 

Thats inyeresting how yours did it the opposite!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• mamaekmamaek member
    edited December 2017
    ecwk said:
    @mamaek My DS goes to sleep initially in his crib but once he wakes up he ends up in bed with us. I think it's going to end up him sleeping with DH and baby sleeping with me. Although I have a friend who just moved her cosleeping 1.5 year old to her own toddler bed and she STTN from the beginning, so maybe a mattress/toddler bed could work better than a crib. IDK. It's something I think about a lot. I never did sleeptraining and DS has been a brutal/light sleeper since birth. I'm sure I am due a karma baby who STTN from the get go....

HAHAHA I was just thinking the exact same a couple nights ago. 
    Fx baaaad.! 

Edit: a word- cause stupid autocorrect 
  • Thanks guys I feel better now! 
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • pghctwife said:
    @princesslockness lol how much kids vary! My oldest at 6.5 trained before 3 daytime easy prays and still needs a pull-up at night! 

From my knowledge the night training isn’t necessarily something you can teach. You can set alarms to wake them to go but some kids their bodies just don’t wake with the urge and you can’t really train that. My son is pretty well day trained but has yet to ever wake dry. My niece was in pull ups at night until 5ish and she was trained completely otherwise before age 3. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• pghctwife said:
    @princesslockness lol how much kids vary! My oldest at 6.5 trained before 3 daytime easy prays and still needs a pull-up at night! 

From my knowledge the night training isn’t necessarily something you can teach. You can set alarms to wake them to go but some kids their bodies just don’t wake with the urge and you can’t really train that. My son is pretty well day trained but has yet to ever wake dry. My niece was in pull ups at night until 5ish and she was trained completely otherwise before age 3. 
    Yup that’s my belief as well. It’s physiological. My sisters were both pushing puberty before they were dry overnight (sucked for my parents - that was before pull ups were a thing!). I was dry at night at before 2! It’s just how ppl are wired. My middle was dry at night when hevday trained before 3. 

My oldest hates wearing a pull up but I hate wet sheets 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w