February 2018 Moms
Options

High Risk - Dec

2»

Re: High Risk - Dec

• Options
    So we went to our first biophysical ultrasound and nst. Biophysical didn't go well. But nst had a funny and stressful situation....which increased my bp. So if you haven't had one here's a good tip.......

Apparently, in a nsts you have to feel the baby move and kick. I didnt know that so I got stressed out. I don't feel her move. So during the us the tech was like she just kicked...you felt it right?  Um no- I don't feel her.   Apparently that stresses everyone out when you tell them you cant feel her.  In my defense I brought this subject up at 24 weeks, 30 weeks, and 31 weeks and got the brush off....NOW it's a big deal. 
    The good news is she moves like crazy....i can't feel it though. But in the nst you have to click the clicker I felt like  I was taking a test! Pressure. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    So we went to our first biophysical ultrasound and nst. Biophysical didn't go well. But nst had a funny and stressful situation....which increased my bp. So if you haven't had one here's a good tip.......

Apparently, in a nsts you have to feel the baby move and kick. I didnt know that so I got stressed out. I don't feel her move. So during the us the tech was like she just kicked...you felt it right?  Um no- I don't feel her.   Apparently that stresses everyone out when you tell them you cant feel her.  In my defense I brought this subject up at 24 weeks, 30 weeks, and 31 weeks and got the brush off....NOW it's a big deal. 
    The good news is she moves like crazy....i can't feel it though. But in the nst you have to click the clicker I felt like  I was taking a test! Pressure. 
    They have machines that detect the movement for you.  I don't have to track anything.  What a pain.
  • Options
    @Chawk17 I had a nst a couple weeks ago and they didn't ask if I felt when she moved, she was extremely active and even the dr commented on that but I didn't feel half of it and it didn't concern them. 
  • Options
    Oh. They gave me this clicker  ( like you see on tv to administer drugs) and I was told to click it each time I felt her move. 
    It was stressful.
  • Options
    ^ I do the clicker too. 
  • Options
    Like @smorzandoj , my NSTs have all just had a monitor, no clicker.  It could be what they are looking for, specifically.  For me, the concern is more the contractions than baby movement, so maybe that's why?  Either way, if you've been up front about not feeling the baby when asked, I'd assume if it was a big deal, they would have questioned it?
  • Options
    Like @smorzandoj , my NSTs have all just had a monitor, no clicker.  It could be what they are looking for, specifically.  For me, the concern is more the contractions than baby movement, so maybe that's why?  Either way, if you've been up front about not feeling the baby when asked, I'd assume if it was a big deal, they would have questioned it?
    I always just got the brush off " you're just not paying attention" or " you're feelers must be off".
    But their main focus is that her blood flow is abnormal....so I think compared to the blood issue the " feeling" is not as important. 
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    I always just got the brush off " you're just not paying attention" or " you're feelers must be off".
    But their main focus is that her blood flow is abnormal....so I think compared to the blood issue the " feeling" is not as important. 
    Stuck in here, but sorry you're being brushed off, that stinks. It sounds like in general, you've been in good hands- fingers are crossed for you and your LO! Keep us posted, for sure.