November 2017 Moms

Favorite things

What are some of your favorite baby items that you use or couldn't live without? What makes them essential? 

Re: Favorite things

• 1. Boppy pillow. I use it all the time. It helps relieve stress on my back when feeding and gets her into just the right position.

2. Baby Shusher. This thing is amazing. “Shushing” is necessary to get my fussy baby quieted down and ready for sleep, and it’s really nice to not have to do all the shushing myself! Plus, it has a timer so I can set it to run for 15 or 30 minutes to get her settled into sleep.

3. Cloth wipes. We’ve found these way more effective than wipes. We just spray with water during diaper changes. Yes, it’s extra laundry, but we’re doing a lot of laundry anyway and it’s nice to be throwing less items into the trash.
  • @ladymeowmeow2 I agree with the nursing pillow.  It's super handy when your done nursing and are just rocking, kinda sits the baby up more for skin to skin.  I'm going to Google the "shushing" machine.  Love it
  • Loading the player...
  • Automatic rock n play. He loves that thing. I personally could hold him all day long, but he naps there like a champ 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Boba Wrap (got for $10 off a Facebook group): DD loves it so much and it soothes her when fussy...it also is great to have free hands and be able to move around!

Halo sleep sacks: at night, she stays asleep so much longer when swaddled in the sleep sack. At first, she didn't like it, but it definitely works great now to keep her from startling herself awake.

Gripe Water: we got the Little Remedies brand to help relieve her gas pains and hiccups. Saved our sanity a few times.
  • SwaddleMe Velcro swaddles- makes swaddling stupid proof! My daughter loves being swaddled, so these are indispensable. 

Earth Mama Angel Baby nipple balm. 

Pacifiers! My little girl has a serious set of lungs on her, but stays nice and content sucking away on her pacifier. It does not seem to have interfered at all with nursing. 

My baby carriers- a Moby wrap for in the house, and my baby Bjorn for walks and errands. 
  • My lillebaby carrier, he sleeps contentedly in it when we are out.
    Nipple cream for sure.  
    Fleece halo swaddle. 

I'll try out the gripe water I have tonight. Gas seems to be what wakes him up. 
  • Ditto the rock n play but I lost the power cord so mine doesn’t rock automatically right now. 

Does anyone have a Halo bassinest? If so, are you using the newborn insert? My LO won’t sleep in the bassinet and just wondering if it would help if I bought the insert.
  • Wubbanub pacifier
    halo sleep sacks
    swing/rocker that we borrowed from a friend - he's more content to lay there awake than his crib so I can sometimes put him there if I have to get something done quickly 
  • @mymulligan ditto on the wubbanub. I wasn't sure DH would like it at first,  but now it's one of our "go to" pacifiers.  
  • Sleep sacks because our house isn’t cold at night. 

The swing-she naps in it during the day. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Definitely his swaddle! If it wasn't for the swaddle I don't think he would ever sleep unless he's being held.
  • Pacifiers! 
    My woven wraps because he hates the car seat/stroller and honestly everyone would be eating cereal for every meal if I didn't wrap him because he never lets me put him down long enough to cook. 
    We started using gerber soothe drops and I swear they help him poop! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited December 2017
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Nice @NYTino24! Thanks for the links
  • @NYTino24 I bought baby booties for DD that I love since socks do not stay on her feet right now. Most of the time she is in a onsie with feet but for the times she’s not, these have been perfect to keep her feet warm. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My halo bassinet was a God send when I first came home from hospital and had a hard time getting in and out of bed due to my csection incision. It swivels and allowed me to pick her up and care for her without even getting up. Only thing is now she won't sleep in it at all. As soon as we lay her down she starts to cry.
  • @sml1982 I’m having the same exact issue with my DD and the halo. I’m going to order the newborn insert and see if that helps. The reviews I’ve read are mixed but I figure it’s worth a try 
  • My new favorite thing is the wipes warmer. Diaper changes are alot better now, not so much crying anymore. Also her bouncer chair thing has been a life saver. She loves sitting in it and watching what is happening around her.
  • @kdw89 DH insisted we get a wipes warmer and I was hesitant since some say it is a waste, but ever since using it she stopped crying during changes. Which is a relief.
  • @dragonfly87-2 I was hesitant at first also and now after only using it for 3 nights it would be something I would recommend to a new mom. 
  • sml1982sml1982 member
    edited December 2017
    @littlemissc17 That is worth a try. Im going to put a baby blanket for padding in the bottom of it to see if that helps. I think she doesn't like it because its hard. Her pack in play infant insert is soft and she loves that. 
  • I also was told the wipe warmer was a waste, but we have a son who hates cold wipes! One of our local moms posted a free one on FB and I picked it up. Just need to plug it in and get started, which will require an extension cord since our house is old and doesn't have enough outlets.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • I don't have a wipe warmer, I did keep the pack of wipes at the for of our bed under covers so that they are warm at night.  
  • the Dock-A-Tot has been amazing. We had to travel the first week of December and we took it with us . Since he was already comfortable in it we, thankfully, had no problems sleeping.

We've been using the Mommy Bliss gripe water and the Little Rememdies gas drops. SO HELPFUL.

Also, we've been trying formulas and some have not gone well.  The Windi saved baby and I both a lot of tears
    DH & me - 31. 

BFP #1 09/27/14 -- MMC 5w (discovered 8w) 
    IUI #1 - #4  - bfn (late 2015 to early 2016)
    01/03/17 - 12mm x 6mm polyp removed from uterus- neg path, yay!
    IUI #5 - February 2017. Hoping for some magic 
    02.22.17 - BFP! EDD 11/01/17

Baby G has arrived! 10/14/17
  • the swing! he wasnt sleeping for naps and the swing because my favorite thing! also the shusher. and we have this octopus lullabye mobile which has been amazing. its portable so i just hook it to things and wind it up. 

med wise: mylicon drops for gas!!! and probiotics for his colic. hes also on zantac for his reflux which has been a lifesaver, we went from never sleeping to getting good chunks of time at night.
  • Man has the Nose Frida been a life saver! The saline drops help a lot, too.

• @NYTino24 my SIL got us the nose frida and saline drops. i ordered the oogie bear because he had a lot of harder boogers and i use that allll the time and the nose frida just sits lol! i figure itll come in handy when he gets sick, but knock on wood that doesnt happen for a while
  • @kaitlinliz That looks interesting. I wouldn't use it in ears like it says you can, though! Have you used it yet?

• Fisher price sit me up....best $30 ever spent. He HATES laying down and it’s to hard to hold him up sometimes so he loves this thing. I get breakfast and dinner made, can get ready for work, food clothes while he sits up and watches hahah
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just started using the tiny beans app and I am OBSESSED!!!!!  It’s a fantastic way to share pictures of my little one without bombarding Facebook and keeping me accountable for taking pictures often! I’ve invited all my friends and family and it’s been so cool to watch each others little ones grow all in one app