February 2018 Moms
Options

EDD 11-17 Feb, 30 Weeks! | 12.3

We're 30 weeks this week!
1) How are you feeling?
2) Any appointments this week?
3) Rants/Raves/Questions?
4) GTKY: Do you have any holiday parties this month, or stories of past parties where something hilarious happened, like a coworker hit the eggnog too hard?
Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: EDD 11-17 Feb, 30 Weeks! | 12.3

• Options
    sabriel1sabriel1 member
    edited December 2017
    1) How are you feeling?
    Physically I am feeling pretty good. Stiff in my groin but that's to be expected at this point.
    Midwife appointment tomorrow. I'm excited that is a home visit so I don't have to drag the kids to the hospital
    DH is still recovering from the vasectomy after a week. He's calling the doctor today because something doesn't seem right because he still can hardly walk. I've been doing 100% of the parenting for the for kids ever since and I am getting over whelmed.
     In addition his grandmother just passed and now he'll have to travel to the funeral over night and pick people up at the airport and I have to host guests now so it really is just adding a lot to my plate.

4) GTKY: Do you have any holiday parties this month, or stories of past parties where something hilarious happened, like a coworker hit the eggnog too hard?
    We had my husband's party for work on Saturday. I ate and then got out of there because I was simply exhausted

Update: midwife just called and came over now instead since she had some free time. Everything looks good and no appointment until the 20th

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    1) How are you feeling?
    Feels like my hips and backs are just hurting worse these days. I try using a heating pad to make it feel better but it makes me feel kind of nauseous. And I'm tired of my entire stomach hurting. 
    Have one next week. First one with my OB, up until now I've seen my family dr.
    I go back and forth between feeling like I'm getting somewhere with my nursery and feeling like I'll never get it done. 
    My work will be doing their holiday party sometime in January this year. But at last year's party one of the girls I worked with got so drunk that she was hugging and kissing everyone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wtf. We’re not there yet. Nope. Can’t be. 

1) How are you feeling?
    I have a fair amount of nerve pain.  I’ll live though. 
    nope. A week from today. 
    I wish DD2 would decide if she’s going to be on two naps or one. 
    nope. :/

• Options
    1) How are you feeling? Kind of feel like I’m falling apart physically. 3rd tri has hit like a ton of bricks. 
    2) Any appointments this week? Officially transferred to MFM today bc my fasting glucose levels are continuously 100 or above. At every 2 weeks now. 
    3) Rants/Raves/Questions? It seems the Dr at our anatomy scan failed to mention the marginal cord insertion I’ve got going on in here. The MFM nurse mentioned it today when she was going through my file. She assured me she’s not worried about it, but now (after going down the google rabbit hole), I’m totally freaking out about it. Anyone else have experience with this?
    4) GTKY: Do you have any holiday parties this month, or stories of past parties where something hilarious happened, like a coworker hit the eggnog too hard? We have a couple holiday parties for DH’s work and two with friends. I’ve been so tired, I’m honestly not too excited about any of them. 
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling?
    Just generally uncomfortable. I make awful old man noises (grunting, groaning) getting in and out of the car, bending over to get something, etc. LO was turned around and making internal kicks the past couple of days. My major organs got pummeled. Pelvic soreness is never-ending. I was travelling last week, and in a city where it was actually possible to walk everywhere (I don't live in that kind of place, sadly). It felt really good to walk (finally hit my daily step goal! ;)), but my groin was screaming by the end of the day.

one on Friday, then I switch to every two weeks

I think I covered this in the "how are you feeling" section, lol ;)

Oh, but a question: It's getting difficult for me to sit on the floor by my daughter's bath... step stools don't really help, toilet is too far to sit on + wash her hair. Anyone else face this and have a clever workaround?

Work party is coming up next week... I generally dread those kinds of things, especially when I can't have a drink. But our Xmas decorations are up at home, so I'm at least feeling festive :)
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling?
    good overall. Getting hard to bend over though
    No
    i am trying to schedule my classes! What all are you ladies taking/took before your first?

My work parties are either really awkward (no alcohol) or really crazy (alcohol)
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling?
    I’m not to the miserable point yet, but I’m getting there. Tired, moody, can’t bend over to tie my shoes... I made DH buy a shower chair so I don’t have to stand in the shower anymore: I know, I’m lazy. But trying to get off the shower floor after attempting to shave was soooo bad! 

I have my 30 week scheduled for Wednesday. Regular weigh in, BP, and measurement Check. Nothing to be over the moon about. 

Rant: I was told by the OB not to cross my legs anymore due to this vericose vein in my leg. How does she expect me not to cross my legs? That’s a built in habit that won’t stop anytime soon. So now I catch myself doing it and have to scold myself... ugh.

Rave: Christmas lights are up outside! DH went to Michaels with me and found some outdoor candy canes. He was so excited about them we had to go back and get more. I love when he’s in the Christmas spirit!

DH’s Christmas party is Friday, so I’m leaving work early. I’m super excited to leave work early to go to his dinner. A lot of the out of town people don’t know we’re pregnant yet, so I get to show off the bump! My Christmas party is the next night, and I’m sure it will be a dud. They changed from having really nice catered food (and paying $30 for a plus one) to having bar finger food and your plus one is free. I’m not thrilled. I was excited for good food, not bar food. So we’ll see what happens. I don’t have any cool stories of anything bad happening at holiday party’s, although I wish I did! 
  • Options
    I cannot believe we are almost at single digits!

1) How are you feeling?
    So sore these days! As expected! I am so ready for 2 weeks off at Christmas and it can't come soon enough! 

None this week! 

We had our holiday party last month to coordinate everyone's schedules. It was a lot of fun!! Escape room, dinner and out to a pub after. I don't drink normally so I'm okay with not drinking!
  • Options
    This is a scary one for me.  My first came at 36 weeks, and a possible repeat early delivery has me thinking... this could be realllllly soon.

1) How are you feeling?
    Officially diagnosed with SPD today, so add me to the pelvic soreness club.

Nothing until the week before Christmas.  Just hobbling around until then.  Passed my glucose test at last Friday's appointment, at least!

Hosting our holiday party in a couple of weeks, and have a couple of work parties over the next two weeks.  Sadly, no good stories to share from years past! I do look forward to making up for the not drinking by over-indulging on food and Christmas cookies.
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling?
    I feel good most of the time. Achy hips, knees and lower back here and there, but generally feel fine. The heartburn comes and goes. 

Nope. Next Tuesday. 

No holiday parties to speak of.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    @katefb17 Could you put your feet in the tub and sit on the edge of the bathtub? Is that possible? That way, you’re at least a little closer to her, and you can soak your feet at the same time! 
  • Options
    @libbodee - I am taking the childbirth class/hospital orientation (all day Saturday) at 34 weeks, a breastfeeding class at 35 weeks (2 hours), and a childcare class (2 2-hour classes) at 36 weeks. I'm cutting it close, but December is a busy month for us!

@kbrinks - I do an Escape the Room tomorrow! Hope you guys escaped!

@psm2462 - congrats on passing the glucose test!

I can't believe we're almost to the finish line! Very excited!

1) How are you feeling?
    So far, not bad. Just the usual annoying symptoms. Woke up with a leg cramp in EACH leg, and had a minor headache last night. 

On a twice a month schedule now. Just saw my OB yesterday, and found out that I get another U/S to check growth at 34 weeks! Haven't seen the baby since the anatomy scan. Also took the TDAP shot. I need to make sure the hubs and my parents get it, too!

Rave: The crib is put together! We ordered this storage cube organizer as a dresser/changing table, and that comes in this week. Since we rent, we're also thinking of some creative solutions to hang some baby clothes instead of putting up shelves. I'm planning to get everything organized for the nursery before the end of the year.

Not really a rant, but both set of parents feel that we need a baby monitor even though we live in a one-floor apartment. So now there's more research to do on which monitor to buy. I haven't thought about circumcision until someone else has posted it. I'll have DH do research and decide on that!

Our work holiday parties are fun, but I don't stay that long to witness any the booze-related shenanigans! Looking forward to DH's holiday party this Friday.
  • Options
    @katefb17 bath time has been delegated to DH since my bedrest but now that my restrictions have lifted he’s still in charge. This third pregnancy is kicking my ass. 
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling?
    30 weeks on friday...crazy!
    30 week us on Dec 12.
    Nope 
    I have an awkward staff party on the 15th...but nope nothing crazy. 
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling? Good overall- some back achiness and generally feeling a little waddly by the end of the day, but I really can't complain.  Preschool is tiring all day! 

2) Any appointments this week? Nothing this week 

3) Rants/Raves/Questions? I also posted this in the questions for STMs thread, but what are you ladies asking for, for the holidays?  Both of our moms have asked for ideas, and I can't even think beyond 'stuff off of our registry?' Any suggestions?

4) GTKY: Do you have any holiday parties this month, or stories of past parties where something hilarious happened, like a coworker hit the eggnog too hard? Our school does do a little snacky potluck party, but it's pretty tame.  It is held at a private school for students with behavioral needs/disabilities in the town where I work, and one year, the GIANT Christmas tree in their great room fell over in the middle of the party, with no apparent reason.  It was quite a scene! Not a juicy story, but it was memorable! 

Also, one year, DH's school's party was held from 5-9pm, at a restaurant function room nearby, however NO dinner was served.  There were very light appetizers, but everyone was just drinking, no one had enough to eat.. it did get a bit messy.  Whose idea WAS that?? 
  • Options
    @lucylou214 I put baby stuff on my Christmas list too. I also asked for some easy slip on shoes or boots, like Uggs or the like, so when I get to the point where I can’t bend over, at least I won’t have to tie my shoes. My mom always asks if we can go shopping together, buys stuff for me while we’re out, and then just wraps it up and I wait until Christmas for it! 
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 tried that tonight, worked perfectly! DD thought it was fun to scrub my feet and legs, too :) I might have gotten a little more damp than usual, but definitely worth it to avoid the added hip/ back pain from sitting on the floor.

@TattoosandLace I told DH that he's going to be on exclusive bath duty soon ;) we currently alternate nights (whoever doesn't cook dinner). 
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @katefb17 I will 100% cook dinner if I don’t have to bend over the bathtub and wrangle two small children. 
  • Options
    @jennifer_m21 , do you have a closet in baby's space? We have a smallish nursery, but a decent size closet, so I am getting these: https://www.target.com/p/6-shelf-hanging-closet-organizer-gray-room-essentials-153/-/A-14914512#lnk=sametab and the matching bins to help. 

@psm2462 , I am totally looking forward to Christmas cookies, too! My favorite part!

@babybro218 , no experience, but just sending support and saying that I hope you can get some more information from your provider, and that they can help you to feel better about it! 

@jenniferjoy37 , have fun sharing your news!  That's fun!

@sabriel1 , sorry to hear about your family's loss. I hope you can get through hosting, etc. without too much stress, and that DH feels better soon!
  • Options
    @LucyLou40 - We do have a closet, but it's holding non-baby stuff at the moment. We bought this organizer like in this photo, and it'll also be where the changing table will be. Looking at this solution or this one from IKEA to hang the baby clothes. I can put it in the corner. 

As for what to ask for Christmas, I'm asking DH for bath stuff (bath bombs and some type of caddy). I want to relax before baby comes! I like the idea of boots that are easy to put on. What about a robe or items needed postpartum?
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling? Good overall- some back achiness and generally feeling a little waddly by the end of the day, but I really can't complain.  Preschool is tiring all day! 

2) Any appointments this week? Nothing this week 

3) Rants/Raves/Questions? I also posted this in the questions for STMs thread, but what are you ladies asking for, for the holidays?  Both of our moms have asked for ideas, and I can't even think beyond 'stuff off of our registry?' Any suggestions?

4) GTKY: Do you have any holiday parties this month, or stories of past parties where something hilarious happened, like a coworker hit the eggnog too hard? Our school does do a little snacky potluck party, but it's pretty tame.  It is held at a private school for students with behavioral needs/disabilities in the town where I work, and one year, the GIANT Christmas tree in their great room fell over in the middle of the party, with no apparent reason.  It was quite a scene! Not a juicy story, but it was memorable! 

Also, one year, DH's school's party was held from 5-9pm, at a restaurant function room nearby, however NO dinner was served.  There were very light appetizers, but everyone was just drinking, no one had enough to eat.. it did get a bit messy.  Whose idea WAS that?? 
    We are asking for a rumba vacuum ( the one that vaccumms by itself.)
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 totally jealous because I'm already at the point where I can't bend over!!

@Chawk17 we have a Roomba and I LOVE it.  Not sure if you have pets but especially for keeping up with pet hair, it's a godsend.  I hope Santa brings you one :)
  • Options
    @psm2462 That is great to  know about the Roomba!  I've been watching the commercials recently and thinking about how great it would be for the dog hair.  My only fear is that my dog sheds SO much, the Roomba would runaway after one day ;)
  • Options
    lucylou214 - My mom and MIL haven't asked, as far as baby stuff is concerned. They usually get the kids clothes, so I assume onesies and sleepers during the early months. If they asked, I'd just say gift cards since it's a "safe" gift and we get to choose what we actually need.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    Thanks so much for your input, @soulcupcake , @Chawk17 , and @jennifer_m21 !  Also, @jennifer_m21 , those look like great solutions!  I bet it will look great in there! 
  • Options
    psm2462 said:
    @jenniferjoy37 totally jealous because I'm already at the point where I can't bend over!!

@Chawk17 we have a Roomba and I LOVE it.  Not sure if you have pets but especially for keeping up with pet hair, it's a godsend.  I hope Santa brings you one :)
    Yep that's why I want the roomba, we have 2 dogs who shed and hard wood.  Good to know it works!! Thanks. 
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling?
    I am feeling huge and the belly comments aren't helping! Lots of bh, lower back pain and this little girl dropped this week. $hits getting real!!!!
    Nope
    DD1 is getting sick again. Why does she always get sick when we have a vaccine scheduled??

My work party is next Friday and we're hoping to make it a date night. Hopefully we can find a babysitter! 
  • Options
    I believe @GoogleMD and @TattoosandLace mentioned in week 29 they had to take glucose test. Sorry if it was said...i can't find it, but did you gals pass? 
  • Options
    Hey girl! Thanks for thinking of me. I’m supposed to take it Monday, but I it’s hit with the sinus junk again and so we’re pushing it back a week. I don’t want stress of being sick to skew results. 
  • Options
    30 weeks today and suddenly feeling HUGE.  2.5 more months (hopefully)?  Really?  Ugh.
  • Options
    @Chawk17 yes I passed! 
    good luck to you tattooandlace

@babybro218 I also feel huge this week. I think I am officially waddling 
  • Options
    +1 for feeling huge, @babybro218 .  I feel enormous!
  • Options
    @GoogleMD congrats! 
    @TattoosandLace good luck, and smart holding off until 100%.
    +1 for feeling huge. 
    And I just got hit with anxiety...we go on Christmas break Dec 19 and come back Jan 3......eek Feb 16 will be here 20+ days later 
  • Options
    @chawk17 I called today to check with them and at first they said to go ahead and take it until I asked the receptionist (who was relaying with the nurse) about stress affecting glucose results. Then it was “if you’re stressed about being sick while taking it then push it back a week until you’re better.” I mean, I meant the stress of being sick in my body plus the test could change the results, but okay..
  • Options
    @Chawk17 70 days to our EDD !!
  • Options
    Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited December 2017
    Ok ok my math was off!!   I teach first grade that's my excuse!!  :)

• Options
    Chawk17 said:

How are you holding up at work?
    im a 2nd grade TA and I'm having so many contractions at work! 

We have 2 cats and hardwood floors. My husband got us a roomba when I was pregnant with dd1 and it's been a game changer!  
  • Options
    Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited December 2017
    rmarie13 said:
    Chawk17 said:

We have 2 cats and hardwood floors. My husband got us a roomba when I was pregnant with dd1 and it's been a game changer!  
    So far I'm doing good, I have 0 symptons...just belly getting bigger--- which the kiddos comment on daily they find it hilarious ..they have weird humor  :) 

That's good to know about the roomba...i hope hubs tells his parents he wants it. 

Have you told principal about contractions? That doesn't seem safe this early! Do you have to go on playground duty? 
  • Options
    rmarie13 said:
    Chawk17 said:

I am a 5th grade teacher. I have history of PTL and early contractions (PTL and strict bedrest with DS1 and DS2). Make sure you drink lots of water and sit down when you can. I have a rocking chair in my room and I do a lot of teaching these days sitting in the rocking chair. My principal knows about my history and is fine with me sitting when needed. The days I don't drink enough water, I start having more contractions. 

If you have a good relationship with the teachers you work with, I'd talk to them about it. I'd first talk to your doctor though because if the contractions aren't causing you to progress and they're not painful, its ok to keep working. 

I'm mindful not to ask for too many special preferences or favors until the need is there fully. I fear that asking too early or being overly cautions puts more burden on my peers and I know things will get harder as the weeks go on and I'll need help covering duties at that point. 

GL to you!!!
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    rmarie13 said:
    Chawk17 said:

So far I'm doing good, I have 0 symptons...just belly getting bigger--- which the kiddos comment on daily they find it hilarious ..they have weird humor  :) 

That's good to know about the roomba...i hope hubs tells his parents he wants it. 

Have you told principal about contractions? That doesn't seem safe this early! Do you have to go on playground duty? 
    They are brutally honest!! One of them came up to me last week and told me I was really fluffy hahaha

My doctor told me that it's normal to feel them earlier since it's not my first pregnancy. I had duty every day but my boss took me off all of them except 1 nap duty for the preschoolers once a week. 

I'm going to have to talk to her soon though because it's getting more and more uncomfortable.