December 2017 Moms
Options

Due Date Check-in (EDD 12/10-12/16) - 12/4

For the ladies due December 10 - December 16: 
 What's your EDD? 

This week we can finally say, "One week left!" How are you feeling about that? 

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? 

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? 

Rants/Raves? 

GTKY: What was your biggest surprise about pregnancy?

Married May 2014
DD born August 2016
Baby #2 due December 2017

Re: Due Date Check-in (EDD 12/10-12/16) - 12/4

• Options
    What's your EDD? 12/13

About the same as last week. So ready but also terrified. We have such a good little routine going and I hate change so I'm just not looking forward to the adjustment period. But at the same time, so ready to not be pregnant anymore!

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? Just waiting for a few more Christmas gifts to arrive so they can be packaged up and sent out!

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? 
    Actually hoping to get that stretch and sweep I was going to ask for last week! Otherwise my appointments are pretty boring and quick these days!

Rants/Raves? After weeks of DH pestering me to have the baby already, yesterday we were driving around and i said 'hey riding in this car is maming me crampy, keep going!' And he goes "no! Hold your legs together, my moms not here yet!"
    I think he's finally realizing how stressful it would be to figure something out for DS during labor without his mom!

How many times I've had 'regret' type moments. Dont get me wrong, i do not regret this pregnancy as a whole, but ive many moments where ive wondered "wtf were we thinking?" Or "why on earth did we decide to have a second so soon!" Or "maybe I'm only cut out to be a one kid mom and this 2nd one is going to break me". You know... the usual? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
     What's your EDD? 12/10 - so close!

This week we can finally say, "One week left!" How are you feeling about that? Totally ready to be done, but I have had a few minor freak outs this week since DD is regressing a bit and is trying to stop napping...

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? I think we’re as prepared as we’re gonna get at this point...

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? I’ve got my 39 week in about an hour, and I’m asking for a sweep. Hopefully that will get these random contractions to become regular!

Rants/Raves? Rant: get out of me, baby! I’m ready to meet you and totally not be pregnant anymore. Rave: DH is being so super wonderful about my crazy.

GTKY: What was your biggest surprise about pregnancy? Well, @failuretofly pretty mug stole everything I was going to say! I’m right there with you, but we’ve got this! (I think)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What's your EDD? 
    12/11!

good-but also anxious. DD was 12 days late, and I'd prefer not to go so late this time...

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? 
    Install the car seat.

I have an appt. on Thursday, at which I will ask for a sweep if I'm dilated. I also have a chiro and acupuncture appointments this week. 

Rants/Raves? 
    All the heartburn. So tired. Just ready.

Just like @failuretofly I've been a little surprised at my second guessing having number 2--I mean, DD is great! We have it figured out! And now I'm throwing another one into the mix?!? Overall I am excited, but it's those late night, trying to get to bed thoughts that nag in my brain.
    Also, naming this baby has been so much harder! I think we are 99% set on Alice, but part of me wants to meet her first.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lavashiner @Skcobb I am SO glad I'm not the only one with those feelings! I was fully prepared to get flamed! 
  • Options
    What's your EDD? scheduled c-section on Dec 14

This week we can finally say, "One week left!" How are you feeling about that? Still kind of panicked

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? We got the furniture secured to the walls in the nursery this weekend, so mostly wrap up work stuff, hang some pictures, do a little organizing, spend lots of time with DD

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? Should be a pretty standard short appointment this week. I assume this is my last one before the section, so I think they will give me all my pre-op instructions. 

Rants/Raves? Getting SOOOO tired by the end of the day, but still didn't sleep well last night. 

GTKY: What was your biggest surprise about pregnancy? Just what things have been different from my pregnancy with DD, and how I am in no rush for this baby to come early, when I wanted DD out ASAP. I feel your anxieties, @failuretofly @lavashiner  @skcobb !

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    What's your EDD?  12/16

This week we can finally say, "One week left!" How are you feeling about that?  Well, since I'm at the end of this timeframe, I'm still kinda two weeks out. While I'm still a bit terrified about giving birth, I'm also starting to have this weird calm about it.  Like it's going to happen and there is nothing I can do, so I'm mentally starting to accept it.  

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? I'm feeling really calm, although my husband is starting to freak out about being ready.  It's kinda funny to watch him get all nervous about things that still need to be done (like him pack his hospital bag). 

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? Tomorrow.  When I'll talk to my dr about getting some relief for the Ring of Fire.  Which is still a pain in the butt (literally).  

Rants/Raves? Beyond items above?  Umm I got my Christmas tree finished tonight, which makes me very happy.  Now I just need to finish the rest of the decorations.  

GTKY: What was your biggest surprise about pregnancy? My biggest surprise is how much I've enjoyed feeling kicks.  I wasn't expecting to love it so much.  I expected to be at this point in my pregnancy and be over it, but instead I'm cherishing them because I know they will go away soon.  

@FailuretoFly - I'm sure you'll do great with 2 kids!  I think its normal for moms to have that fear! (and you too @skcobb and @lavashiner)

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    For the ladies due December 10 - December 16: 
     What's your EDD?  12/16!

This week we can finally say, "One week left!" How are you feeling about that?  I just realized this today..and another fellow pregnant mom saw me and asked when I was due..she is due the end of this month and was surprised that I am still walking around.  hah!  

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared?   Just need to stock the house with some groceries!  I feel ready for the most part.

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc?   Last appointment is monday, we will schedule a date for induction if we need to, she doesn't want me to go over 2 weeks.

Rants/Raves?  I feel pretty good honestly, still an HG mom but things are tapering off.  I can see the finish line!

GTKY: What was your biggest surprise about pregnancy?  for me it has been losing weight due to HG.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Together since May 19, 2001

Baby #1 was born in May 2013.

Baby #2 was born in December 2017.

• Options
    What's your EDD?  12/16

Still a bit freaked out since there is so much to do!

I have to pick just one?!  Install the car seat, set up the bassinet, pick a name, get my still under construction house ready for a newborn to live in it... the list goes on and on. 

Another exam.  Last time the baby was super low and I was 90% effaced but only .5cm dilated so I’ll be curious to see what happens next and if the doctor will want to strip my membranes.

Rants/Raves? 
    Rave: I feel like I am finally picking up some speed getting ready for the baby to come and I might actually be ready for him a week early.  Hopefully he’s not earlier than that!
    Rant:  My husband is away overnight and I am terrified I’ll go into labor while he’s not here.  Every contraction makes me worry (and I get a lot of them!).

I’m not sure I can really call it a surprise because I knew I would slow down, but it still catches me off guard when I struggle to do ordinarily easy things like loading the dishwasher or sorting laundry.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh. I had an appointment yesterday and the doctor said "no progress". Which is super frustrating. Last week baby was starting to drop and then this week she's sitting pretty up high. Not dilated. Not effaced.

I know that it can all change on a dime and I could go into labor at any time,  but I was really hoping to not have to have to be induced. 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @Tennis11785 don't be discouraged! It doesn't mean anything! Just give baby time and spend as much time upright as you can! 
  • Options
    @failuretofly I know what you mean about the feeling ready part but also terrified..and I am flipping between feelings of WTF and excitement, and back to being anxious.  I tend to worry way more than I should about things.

@Skcobb sorry about DD regressing but I guess we should all be on the lookout for things like that if we have other kids.  my DD has been extra crazy lately!!  boo!

@lavashiner the heartburn is one of the worst parts! yuck!  and i just remembered we need to install the car seat too.  whoops!

@cait5413 great job on securing the furniture to the walls!  so important to do that!  :) i rearranged dd's room this week, she will be sharing with the baby once we move the crib back in there.  so far i've set up the changing cabinet for the baby, but still need to split their closet.  that's going to happen this weekend hopefully!

@Tennis11785 aren't the kicks the best?  :)  i am still loving the kicks too..and if this is my last baby then i will really miss these moments.

@Piccola1988 yeah the dishwasher and laundry bending is really too much!  and it is surprising isn't it?  i have stopped bending over or down anymore the last couple of weeks to pick things up or whatever...i have been wanting to use one of those little grabby tool things.  LOL. 

Sorry I drop in and out of the bump periodically ladies, I go from having great days where all my work at the office is done and I have a chance to sneak on here, but usually my days are so bad due to the HG my time online isn't spent checking in here. :(  For a while I was trying to stay on top of my ticker change day thread for saturdays.  I came on the other day and was so happy to see the birth announcement thread!  YAY!    I have been thinking of all of us D17 mamas and wishing everyone safe deliveries!  Best wishes ladies! <3

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Together since May 19, 2001

Baby #1 was born in May 2013.

Baby #2 was born in December 2017.