RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread | 12.4

• Options
    Super restless at night no matter how exhausted I am. I'm not necessarily uncomfortable (which is nice) I just can't settle. 
  • Options
    @SarahFoley725 I hear that, it's getting harder to turn my brain off as we're getting closer to the end.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No real changes from last week. RLP and the heavy tight feeling Is getting intense. I was super emotional over the weekend. Thank you hormones. You assholes. The constipation is real. The prunes don’t seem to be helping as much. Guess I need to up my intake. Bleh. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I think I need to start Miralax daily now because it's been a struggle. I mentioned to H yesterday that he should be proud of me because I pooped, and he was all "I don't understand why you're having such trouble pooping." I screamed "Because I'm pregnant!" You'd think he'd know that by now! :)
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    Acid reflux and heartburn. All I want to do is eat, but whenever I eat, those two rear their ugly heads. Apparently my mom had really bad heartburn with me, so maybe genetic? 
  • Options
    Oh, and here's a TMI symptom - my vagina hurts. Like the actual external vagina/labia with a muscle-like soreness or achy feeling. But only on one side. And not all the time; it comes and goes. Is this a thing? 
  • Options
    Oh, and here's a TMI symptom - my vagina hurts. Like the actual external vagina/labia with a muscle-like soreness or achy feeling. But only on one side. And not all the time; it comes and goes. Is this a thing? 
    Mine is swollen and doesn't ache, but doesn't like to be touched either, and it gets better/worse day-to-day. I think it's from pressure from the uterus. Others have been using ice packs to relieve the pain.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options

I think I may have carpal tunnel in my right wrist.  At first I thought I must have twisted or slightly sprained something because it just feels sore in the inner joint. My fingers aren't numb or tingly or anything.  But it's been off and on for a week with some days more painful than others and always worse in the morning.

One symptom I wouldn't mind having is feeling warm. The heat in my classroom isn't working and I have outdoor bus duty four mornings a week.  I keep waiting for the internal furnace to kick in, but so far I feel like I'm freezing all the time!

• Options
    All of this may be tmi, but... @eggplantface the constipation is real. I’ve been using miralax the last two days, but the muscle is my back is still giving me problems, so putting any effort into pooping is extremely painful. I’m also dealing with those vaginal issues. Heading in to see MFM today about my high fasting glucose levels and I’m going to bring it up. On the plus side, once I fall asleep, I am out for the night. I may wake up once to pee, but I might not. 
  • Options
    I think I need to start Miralax daily now because it's been a struggle. I mentioned to H yesterday that he should be proud of me because I pooped, and he was all "I don't understand why you're having such trouble pooping." I screamed "Because I'm pregnant!" You'd think he'd know that by now! :)
    My OB had me switch to a regular women's vitamin since the iron in prenatals can cause constipation. I'm seriously a whole new woman. 
  • Options
    No SPD here (I don't think,) but something at my tailbone is popping more frequently and something else pops if I use a leg to shift while lying on my side. Neither popping is painful, but the tailbone is audible.

+1 to sleep issues, overnight eating, and labia swelling (not major, but enough to feel different)
  • Options
    I have been on Miralax M-F since 1st trimester @eggplantface and @babybro218.  I give my body a break on the weekends.  Been great ever since.
  • Options
    My spd is bad for only 28 weeks. I had it mildly with my first two, but now I’m dying. I feel so frustrated - I had to quit running, I can’t pick up my 2 year old very well, it hurts to climb stairs (and all bedrooms are up), I can’t even stand on one leg to get my damn underwear on. I’ve tried chiropractor, stretching/yoga, and activity modification with no improvement. And my OB can’t do much except say that if it gets worse I could go on disability. Except I’m a contractor and I don’t have any disability coverage. 
  • Options
    rainafire77rainafire77 member
    edited December 2017
    I have to pee every time I consume the smallest amount of liquid.  Finally pooped today and let me tell you, you know you're pregnant when pooping is a major accomplishment! Sleep is still elusive. Have to keep switching sides because my hips hurt and end up sleeping upright. Since it's cold our dachshund, who sleeps with us, has been snuggling up next to DH which has shrunk his side of the bed down which, in turn, has shrunk my side down. Good news is I'm so wedged in that I couldn't roll on my back if I tried!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @jessilee15 I was diagnosed with SPD today, actually.  I got a chuckle out of "I can't even stand on one leg to get my damn underwear on" because my physical therapist specifically said, "Don't try to stand up to put your underwear on! Use a chair!" It's extremely frustrating.  She also recommended refraining from all physical activity (including limiting time on my feet/walking) until the swelling subsides a bit, then said I could reintroduce light activity with modifications but, as it sounds like is the case for you, that may or may not help.  Otherwise, just ice and rest.  

Are you using a support belt at all? I have one but haven't been good about using it because it's so annoying to take it off to pee.  But she did say many women get at least some relief from that.
  • Options
    Leg cramps in the middle of the night are the worst right now and I feel like I got them around now with DD1 too ugh.  I'm also always tired... May be because I wake up 50 million times a night between my sick 2 year old and having to pee and hips hurting lol.
  • Options
    @ahoneycutt12 I feel ya, sister.  I was up several times last night with leg cramps.   I hope you 2 year old begins to feel better soon!
  • Options
    I threw up my entire breakfast with almost no warning. It was strange and almost a disaster. Thank God I was close to a bathroom. 
  • Options
    I was up last night for awhile with awful hip pain. I'm thinking spending 6 hours in the car yesterday didn't help.
  • Options
    ash0625 said:
    I threw up my entire breakfast with almost no warning. It was strange and almost a disaster. Thank God I was close to a bathroom. 
    This happens to me occasionally still. I really thought after the first trimester was over that it would stop. Do you feel horrible for the rest of the day after it happens? Each time I randomly throw up like this, it seems to be related to either congestion and an inability to clear my throat or acid reflux buildup if I don't eat immediately when I wake up. I'm glad you were close by a bathroom but it does really suck to all of the sudden have to run for the toilet like that. Hopefully it isn't a regular thing for you!
  • Options
    amb929 said:
    ash0625 said:
    This happens to me occasionally still. I really thought after the first trimester was over that it would stop. Do you feel horrible for the rest of the day after it happens? Each time I randomly throw up like this, it seems to be related to either congestion and an inability to clear my throat or acid reflux buildup if I don't eat immediately when I wake up. I'm glad you were close by a bathroom but it does really suck to all of the sudden have to run for the toilet like that. Hopefully it isn't a regular thing for you!
    This has happened to me a few times, too.  I've thrown up more at the end of the 2nd tri than I did in all of the 1st.  It usually has to do with acid reflux, even if I don't feel the heartburn.  Once it was from the taste of my inhaler.  Each time I felt totally fine after throwing up, though.  I hope you're feeling better!
  • Options
    Thanks @amb929 and @babybro218 - I felt fine almost immediately after and have all day. I just ate a HUGE lunch which included two deserts (I'm not sorry) and fingers crossed it all stays down. 
  • Options
    I'm back to spotting this morning. I feel like every time I can relax and that things are going well my body is like "hey good you're relaxed here have some stress". So now I'm on the couch all day and on restricted activity until my next sonogram. She's kicking away now which is great and the spotting has stopped. But my lower GI tract is also all jacked up (hormones? maybe something I ate?) so now I'm stressing about every minor cramp that is probably just related to that.  :(
  • Options
     Is anyone else having  Sharp pains in the very center of their abdomen ?? Not  sure if it's just the baby pushing on me and stretching me out ,  or if maybe the muscles are separating or tearing ,  or if the sharp pain is related to gas / fullness.   Whatever is causing it, it feels like sharp persistent pressure and pain !!  I got zero work done this afternoon because I was so uncomfortable -  really hoping it isn't my ab muscles separating ! 
  • Options
    @wal2017 that doesn't sound fun, hope you feel better :(
  • Options
    @wal2017 i had something similar last week but it only lasted about an hour. I also had cramping so went to the dr and they couldn't find anything other then baby was being extremely active but I wasn't feeling a lot of the activity. They suggested I try to rest more 
  • Options
    Had a bit of a scare today, had a small clot and some bright red blood. Went to the hospital and they monitored baby for an hour and Going for a sonogram tomorrow and am on pelvic rest for at least a week. The baby’s monitoring at the hospital all looked good. She was super active and had a steady heartbeat, so they are thinking it was caused by an irritated cervix 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    wal2017 said:
     Is anyone else having  Sharp pains in the very center of their abdomen ?? Not  sure if it's just the baby pushing on me and stretching me out ,  or if maybe the muscles are separating or tearing ,  or if the sharp pain is related to gas / fullness.   Whatever is causing it, it feels like sharp persistent pressure and pain !!  I got zero work done this afternoon because I was so uncomfortable -  really hoping it isn't my ab muscles separating ! 
    I’ve been getting sharp pains in my pelvic region on the left and right. I’m wondering if I worked out too hard, or have been lifting too many heavy objects. I go in to the OB tmrw for my 30 week check up so we’ll see what she has to say. But you’re not alone! This just popped up for me today! 
  • Options
    @pandappanderson I'm glad everything looked okay when you went it! 

@wal2017 I have had a super sharp pain on the bottom right side of my abdomen all day! Its worse when I'm walking around but definitely there when I'm sitting! Feels like someone's stabbing me! I'm assuming it's stretching anr hopefully goes away tomorrow! 

@ash0625 I have still been throwing up in the mornings so I usually avoid breakfast so that there isn't much to actually throw up. I usually eat breakfast closer to 10 when I'm feeling a bit better!
  • Options
    psm2462psm2462 member
    edited December 2017
    @wal2017 I've had some random pains like this too, OB has just chalked them up to normal aches and pains of belly stretching.  If it persists, I'm sure you'll get some peace of mind to bring it up with your provider :)  For what it's worth, I have been told by two pelvic floor PTs (the one I saw postpartum with my son, and the one I'm seeing now) that everyone's ab muscles separate to a degree to accommodate growth; some separations close normally on their own and others need a little TLC to close back up. Nothing to worry until after delivery about since it's largely inevitable (another joy of pregnancy!)

ETA: I hope you feel better soon, regardless of the cause!
  • Options
    Glad everything looked good @pandappanderson!!
  • Options
    @pandappanderson I’m glad everything looked good today, but I’m so sorry you had that scare! I hope Everything goes well tomorrow, too.
  • Options
    @pandappanderson I feel your pain and know it's easier said than done, but try to relax - sending good vibes your way
  • Options
    Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited December 2017
    Eek sorry about your scare @pandappanderson
  • Options
    love-mom-lifelove-mom-life member
    edited December 2017
    any recommendations for oils or lotion should to help with Itchy boobs?
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I’m glad we went because it was definitely reassuring to lay and listen to her heartbeat for an hour. And getting the extra ultrasound tomorrow will be nice since we haven’t seen her for 12 weeks. Trying to look at that as a good outcome of it all. 

And it was really nice to see how my husband reacted under stress. He was amazing. I know he was freaking out, but he never showed it and stayed calm through the whole thing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pandappanderson glad everything is okay!

Anyone else with swollen feet and ankles by the evening?
  • Options
    I use pure cocoa butter on my stomach / sides and then wipe the excess on my boobs. 
  • Options
    The sharp pains are likely normal; I get them sometimes when I walk and they go away when I sit down. My doc said as long as they go away it’s normal. But man, they are excruciating sometimes!!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    Eucerin is working well for me in the midsection, and I do what @3plus1equals4 does for boobs. I've tried bio oil too which worked but I'm not wild about the scent.