February 2018 Moms

EDD: 18-24th | 29 Weeks!

29 Weeks is 77 days days til due date!

1) Which day is your due date?
2) How are you feeling?
3) Any appointments this week?
4) Rants/Raves/Questions?
5) GTKY: What are your favorite and least favorite holiday traditions?

Re: EDD: 18-24th | 29 Weeks!

• 1) Which day is your due date? 

Feb 22

2) How are you feeling?

Overall I’m feeling pretty good other than really feeling the effects of being so large. It’s getting much harder to get up and down off the floor with my toddler and it makes me feel guilty. 

Nothing this week - I passed my 1 hr glucose last week and now I’m on ever other week appts - so nothing until next Thursday. 

We have our hospital tour tonight - I’m so nervous. I feel like knowing what to expect is going to give me anxiety. (For those of you who might not be aware my son is adopted - so it’s not that I just forgot what to do when I go into labor lol)

Last year was DS first Christmas and we cut down our own Christmas tree and then save a piece of the trunk as an ornament. It’s by far my favorite tradition!
    February 19th. I hit 29 weeks tomorrow.

2) How are you feeling?
    Tired and large... baby is already reaching my ribs with his kicks, so that's been unpleasant.  I have also been getting very sharp gas pains in the evening the last 2 days with no idea what is causing it. 

Nope. Last one was 26 weeks and I don't go back until next Tuesday @30 weeks

At our city's Christmas parade, a WW2 veteran's banner fell off his parade car. I casually jogged out to get it and ended up falling very clumsily as I bent over to get it. I took a pretty nasty chunk out of my elbow area and it is still stinging over 24 hours later. :/ At least I landed in a way that protected my abdomen and everything else is just minor bruises.

We are Catholic, so we celebrate the 4 weeks before Christmas as the season of Advent. We have a wreath with candles on our table that we light each night at dinner (lighting a candle per week of advent that we are in.) When we light them, we sing "Oh come, oh come Emmanuel" as a family. 

@diesel11111
    I love the idea of the tree stump ornaments! We have always had a fake tree because my sister is allergic to real ones, though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) Which day is your due date? Feb. 18
    2) How are you feeling? Starting to feel a little soreness in my back if I overdue it.  The steps at work are getting hard.
    3) Any appointments this week? Not until next week.
    5) GTKY: What are your favorite and least favorite holiday traditions? We have an ornament tradition, too! Every year since we were born, my mom has bought each of us 3 kids an ornament, usually signifying something important from the year. The idea being when we got married and have Christmas trees of our own we already have a collection of ornaments. Now that we do have our own tree,  I love pulling out all the sentimental ornaments I received in my childhood.  I plan to do the same thing for my kids.
    Feb 20

2) How are you feeling?
    ok overall, but starting to get tired again. Also starting to feel a bit big, and finding it hard to focus. Loving feeling the regular baby movements though.

No, my diabetes screen was normal so I am good until end of next week, when I get bonus sono to check placenta position.

Anyone else have their legs fall asleep while sitting? Not sure if it's the baby sitting on a nerve or just terrible chairs at work...

i love love love that our families get together to share a meal, and I love giving gifts. I always get a little anxiety about opening gifts in front of everyone though so I hate that when we rotate and watch each other open the presents. But that's my issue. ;)
  • 1) Which day is your due date? Feb. 20

2) How are you feeling? Still feeling pretty good. I've timed by heartburn meds so that it isn't as bad. I'm restless at night and wake up a bunch and I'm hot all the time, regardless of the temperature. 

3) Any appointments this week? Not until next week. We also get a sonogram to check placenta placement. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? DH is in school to become a physical therapist and this semester has been brutal. He has handled it like a champ, but is gone studying a lot and just generally preoccupied. We haven't even STARTED on the nursery and won't probably have the time until after January. Ugh. 

5) GTKY: What are your favorite and least favorite holiday traditions? My parents got divorced about 7 years ago and since then the Holidays have been kind of a shit show, between pleasing my in laws and my mom and dad. We had been still doing a few holidays with them both, but I think that is over now that they're both seeing other people. I feel like most of my "traditions" went out the window with their divorce, so I'm excited to start a bunch of new ones with DH and baby. 
  • @atalante if I don't sit with perfect posture in normal chairs, yes. I don't have that issue with padded chairs or furniture.
    Feb 19th
    2) How are you feeling?
    Since I have this endless cold, I still have a cough. Also I tend to get a bit out breath after about one flight of stairs. I’ve also just been feeling more uncomfortable lately. 
    Tomorrow (well today technically since it’s currently 1am by me.)
    I’ve been diagnosed with gestational diabetes and the pharmacy keeps messing up my prescription. First they didn’t have it at all then my husband brought it back tonight and it’s missing the tester. Each day is another wasted day of not being able to test bc neither of us can stop by until we are on the way home from work. 
    Getting together for our family party/get together/meal. All of my siblings with their families get together at my parents house. 
  • 1) Which day is your due date? Feb 22nd but will probably have my scheduled CS Feb 15th at 39 weeks.
    2) How are you feeling? I have a head cold that's kicking my ass. However I slept much better last night once I found the perfect prop up position so I didn't wake up coughing.
    3) Any appointments this week? Not until next week. Also have OB tour next week as well.
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Just that I wish my work would cut me some slack. My boss upped the bi-annual bank audit so that I would be there when it happened. So I've been scrambling to do my job, write a procedures book for my temp AND pull together records for a 6 month audit.
    5) GTKY: What are your favorite and least favorite holiday traditions? I can't wait to go to my MILs for her prime rib dinner. Her house is so chill and it's just nice to go there to get away. (I keep her stocked with wine so I'm her favorite.)

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

Feb 19

2) How are you feeling?
    Tired and cranky and physically exhausted.  I get winded going up a flight of stairs and we have a 3 story house. 
    Had a checkup on Monday.  Belly is measuring at 30 weeks.  We got set up for hospital pre-registration and tour. 
    DH was mildly annoyed I want him to come to the hospital registration until I reminded him they remodeled between DS2 and now.  

But he is finally realizing how panicked I am about how much time we have left to get the projects done.  He took next week off to knock them out :)

Favorite is getting all the family together for dinner. Least favorite is the years we go to Christmas Eve service at my mom and dad’s church.  We don’t go to church often and her church is full of super judgmental people. 
  • 3plus1equals43plus1equals4 member
    edited December 2017
    Question: Did they tell you all if baby was head down yet when you did 28 week appts? My last one was 26 weeks and I go next Tues at 30 weeks. Just curious as both my boys before were breech until way late.
  • Question: Did they tell you all if baby was head down yet when you did 28 week appts? My last one was 26 weeks and I go next Tues at 30 weeks. Just curious as both my boys before were breech until way late.
    Mine mentioned it yes, just kind of casually when checking the HB. How do they even tell? I felt dumb asking so I didn't when she said that, but I still want to know!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @winnie1122 With my boys, it was noticeable that their head was up high. Makes a much harder bump/area than a butt or feet would.

I think the doctor usually feels for a head when they locate the pubic bone. It would be right before they measure your uterus.
  • @winnie1122 I wasn’t told one way or the other but now I’ll have extra ultrasounds due to gestational diabetes so I might see. You can probably ask at your next appointment. 
  • @winnie1122 mine mentioned baby was head down for the first time at my 30 week appointment a couple days ago. She did say that it didn't really mean anything at this point though

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

February 21
    2) How are you feeling?
    Same as last few weeks, big. Lots of sciatic nerve pinching this week but thankfully it’s not constant
    Nope, next week!
    Majorly stressing about Christmas plans with my family. It tends to fall on me to try to make everyone happy with what we do and I hate it. I’m a chronic people pleaser too when it comes to family so it’s not like I can just say screw it and do what I want to do. I just want a calm and no drama holiday for one year!!!! Sorry that wasn’t baby related but it’s my main stress point at the moment.
    DH and I have painted our own ornaments every year since we’ve been married and I love it. We always do several and each year it reflects a lot of what went on at that time in our lives so it’s like walking down memory lane every time we pull out the old ones and then add the new ones. Someday I would love if the whole tree was just those ornaments! We always have hot cocoa and play music while we paint and now DS joins in too so it’s the best. Hopefully we’ll be doing that this weekend sometime.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @sabriel1 do they mean because baby can still move a lot at this point? When do they run out of room?? I feel like I’m stuffed to capacity!
  • 3plus1equals43plus1equals4 member
    edited December 2017
    @sabriel1 do they mean because baby can still move a lot at this point? When do they run out of room?? I feel like I’m stuffed to capacity!
    My two boys didn't turn head down until way late. One was 38.5 weeks... most babies are head down  and will stay that way by 35 weeks and engage around 38 (that's when you'll hear people say your belly "dropped")

ETA: I had high fluids for my second son due to a birth defect, so he had tons of room to keep flipping late into pregnancy. Not sure what cause my first son to stay breech so long
  • @diesel11111 yeah they still have lots of room in there for a little while. I also feel stuffed but I do know that I'll be getting quite a bit bigger based on previous pregnancies. 

I should mention that my last baby switched to a head down position at 38 Weeks

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• I have also been wondering about the head down, my LO moves so much that I think like others have said even if she was head down down doesn't mean she would stay that way. A few people have mentioned spinning baby exercises, so I may look into those around 32-34 weeks. 

1) Which day is your due date? Feb 20
    2) How are you feeling? Big, not too many aches and pains though 
    3) Any appointments this week? yes tomorrow, scared to see the scale and belly measurements, feel like I have exploded over the last month, and on the other hand I expect it to be a boring appointment before we start going for the bi-weekly appointments
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? work is piling on the to-do list before I leave. I keep giving them countdown reminders, hopefully they realize at some point this to-do list is going to be someone else's problem
    5) GTKY: What are your favorite and least favorite holiday traditions? oh we have so many! My mom loves Christmas and passed that love onto all her children. From homemade matching stockings, lots of Christmas baked goods, giving cookies to friends and neighbors, looking at Christmas lights, singing Christmas carols, watching all the movies...love this time of year and it is just passing too quickly! 

• 1) Which day is your due date? Feb 20

2) How are you feeling? Actually feeling alright!

3) Any appointments this week? Nothing this week. 

5) GTKY: What are your favorite and least favorite holiday traditions? Favorite: Like with Thanksgiving, the food!!!!

Least: This year I have a sister (#2) who has created a lot of drama with herself and the rest of my family (parents and 2 other sisters). I don’t even have a clue if she will be there. Her and I are semi-ok at this point, but not like we used to be. 
     Feb. 21
    2) How are you feeling?
    Im feeling pretty good aside from normal pregnancy symptoms like heartburn and the constant toilet trips
  • @BrittaniLC Why must families make the Holidays so miserable? I feel like every single Holiday season I enjoy less and less because of the drama that comes with adults and holiday time. I seriously don't get it. 
  • @ash0625 I don’t know about your “trouble maker” but mine can’t let go of her past issues with my parents....she’s 40 FFS! If I brewed on the past like she does, I’d be crazy too but that’s why I have chosen to move on! Ugh! So frustrating!!!