July 2018 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad Thread - Week of 12/3

2»

Re: TTGP Grad Thread - Week of 12/3

• Options
    @And846 I feel the same about my ultrasound! I won't get one for the first time until January, sometime between 11 and 13 weeks, for my NT scan/testing. And the whole feeling symptoms even though the baby stopped growing is always in the back of my mind! I'm just waiting (im)patiently until 2 weeks from now when  I can try to find the heartbeat on my doppler, lol. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam i feel like I’m going to be THAT patient that is a pain in everyone’s rear. I really hope that i get an ultrasound on Wednesday.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SmashJam I already bought a Doppler because I know I will want it for peace of mind. I’m a FTM though so I have no idea how early you can realistically hear a HB. I’m 8 weeks tomorrow and wondering it it’s  too early to try. Of course I know not to panic if I can’t hear it since it’s so early still.
  • Options
    @safire I swear someone in the August board said you could try at 8 weeks. Someone on this board who is no longer here I think found it at 9 weeks. I swear I never did til 16 and at that point I was getting kicks so it was kind of pointless. But the doc's office I am going to on the 28th when I am 10 weeks said they'll try for the heartbeat then. I feel like for awhile the baby is so far below your pubic bone that it is hard to find a good place to put the doppler to find the HB. Maybe I was just super impatient or in the wrong spot though? Give it a go if you think you won't go crazy not finding it! It might also depend on the size of your babe/ how much "fluff" you got around the midsection, and I have PLENTY o fluff, haha.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9w1d

How are you feeling? Nauseous & hungry :/ and all food grosses me out, but still starving. 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? First ob appt Tuesday :) 

Rants/Raves? On bedrest due to heavy bleeding. Not really a rant or rave, just my current situation 

Questions? Any good questions to ask my ob?? Have they been lengthy due to explaining your IF journey? 

GTKY: What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it? Ugh I'd love a 20lb weight loss ;) or money lol
  • Options
  • Options
    @coco305 hey there! I hope you bleeding has lessened now. Congrats on graduating to the OB!  I haven’t as yet. Last RE appointment is Tuesday for me if all is well and still haven’t picked and OB yet.

@SmashJam I’m waiting to get some gel I bought but when that comes I will try it out. Not expecting much though!
  • Options
    I need to ask a question please. I have my ultrasound this afternoon but fear it may not be good news. My last hcg draw was on 11/29 and was 3498. I had my blood work done again this morning and my hcg level is only 8296, thats at almost 2 weeks later. Ive not had many symptoms, tired, sore boobs, and some cramping but no spotting or anything. Has anyone had low hcg levels like this and been ok? Im trying to not get upset but i know those numbers dont look great and I am afraid of what is to come this afternoon. Weve tried for 2 years with 1 loss and I just dont know if I can handle another right now. Im hoping the drs office will call this morning.....
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    @busymommy23 I know at some point the rate of increase slows but you are right that I would expect it to be higher than that by now. At this point though the most important thing is the ultrasound. They need to check the measurements and confirm a heartbeat. It sucks that they do your labs this morning and you have to wait so long for the ultrasound. I can only imagine how hard that is. Hoping for you that everything looks good this afternoon.
  • Options
    @safire3 if you have any lube lying around use that! I never bought the gel and ky worked for me....although, admittedly i didn't find the heartbeat for awhile so maybe it was the gel that was the issue.

@busymommy23 I have no information except to echo @safire3 's words that the most important thing is the ultrasound and the heartbeat. Try to stay sane until the appt, which must be coming up. FX for you!
  • Options
    @busymommy23 good luck today. I found the wait leading up to the 6 week U/S to be more nerve wracking than the TWW. I was convinced something was wrong. My first beta was 250 and my RE felt there was no need for a recheck, & I was having no symptoms. Let us know how it goes. Hugs & good luck. 
  • Options
    Thanks @safire3 @SmashJam and @coco305. Im finally home from my appt. I explained everything to the tech and she proceeded with the ultrasound. She had trouble so had to do a transvag but then said she saw a yolk sac. She then said that she saw a baby in there. I about broke down on the table. She couldnt play the heart beat but she turned the monitor so i could see the little flickering. It wasnt a good picture but i could see it. She said it measured 6w 3d. By my lmp i should be 7w 6d. I have no idea what to think. I have to wait to hear from the ob tomorrow. I havent been able to eat all day, have been throwing up and just an emotional mess. I took tomorrow off because i know i will not be able to be there 100 percent and do my job. Im hoping for good news. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • Options
    She did say the heartbeat measured 123 bpm,  so im not sure if that is good or not. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • Options
    @busymommy23 I'm sorry you ate going through an emotional roller coaster! Were you tracking ovulation to know if you Od later in your cycle? Thinking of you and hoping everything turns out okay. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    @MrsMiller8588 i was temping because i took clomid this cycle. FF said i ovulated on cd 16. However, i didnt get a positive pregnancy test until 18dpo, my hcg at 19dpo was a 222 which went up to 504 at 21dpo and then a week later was 3498. If i took FF and my last lmp out of the picture, i dont know if we would be questioning as much. But thw concern is that my hcg level didnt go up much in 2 weeks. So i guess it is just a waiting game until i talk with the dr. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • Options
    @busymommy23 you saw a heartbeat! And the bpm is good! I feel like when it comes to infertility/tttc lpm aren't always on point. Maybe the egg didn't fertilize until 2 or 3 days after intercourse, etc. Or maybe you didn't O on cd16, but rather cd17. Either way, there's s yolk sac, there's an embryo and there's a visible heartbeat. Yay! 
  • Options
    Great news, @busymommy23 that they could see a heartbeat, sack and baby. FX for you as you wait to hear from your OB tomorrow.
  • Options
    @busymommy23 whatever is happening, baby is still fighting because he/she is there with a good HB so that’s definitely a good sign. They will probably want to see you back again soon to see how things are progressing so it will be a bit of a waiting game. I know this must be so nerve wracking for you. We are here for you and praying for your little one that all will be well. Let us know what the OB says tomorrow.
  • Options
    Thank you to all of you for listening today. It has been quite the emotional roller coaster but i am so blessed to have been able to see that little heart flicker and know that baby is fighting strong. I am hoping for good news tomorrow and know that things arent over yet. Im so thankful for this group and all of you! 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • Options
    @busymommy23 I have my FX for you today. Based on how your US went it sounds like your LO is going strong. Hope you get good news today from your OB. 
  • Options
    I haven't done a real check-in for awhile. Sorry guys! Between the MS, traveling for work, and stressful end of year I haven't been around much.

How far along are you? 9 + 6 (tomorrow is double digits and I'm so excited!)

How are you feeling? Eh, not great. Unisom and b6 is helping for the mornings, but afternoon and evening is rough. 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Next appointment is Dec 29 (12 weeks)

Rants/Raves? Mostly just stressed out from work and trying to meet my end of year deadlines. 

Questions? 

GTKY: What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it?

I don't know! I need to make a Christmas list for my FIL still but it's hard. I already got the one thing I've been asking for for Christmas (a baby)!
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Options
    Ugh I had a nightmare last night that at my first US they said there was a problem with the baby that would require me to go in for surgery. Lord Saturday's appointment can't come fast enough  :/
  • Options
    Thanks @izza2. I haven’t tried yet but definitely not expecting much. 

@busymommy23 I’m glad you are trying not to stress but it sucks that they are making you wait so long for an answer. 

@nimmle pregnancy dreams are a pain. They are so vivid and can be really scary. I dreamt I overslept and missed my ultrasound appointment and when I called them one hour later they said I couldn’t get in for another one until I’m 20 weeks. In the dream I was so distraught and crying over the phone. Needless to say I was early for my actual appointment and everything was fine. GL on Saturday!

I had had my second ultrasound yesterday at 8+1. Gummy bear was measuring exactly that and they said the heart beat looks good (apparently they still don’t see the need to actually count it). I also graduated from the RE’s office which was bittersweet but glad the LO is doing well and I can move on. 
  • Options
    Yay for a good ultrasound @safire3!

Sorry for the not so nice dream @nimmle. I feel like pregnancy dreams are just so vivid, both the good and bad ones. Hopefully you dont have anymore!

I just wanted to give a quick update. I spoke to the office today. The nurse said the dr doesnt normally go away from the hcg numbers but the ultrasound did show a heartbeat of 123 and so the dr said she was just going to go off of the ultrasound from now on. The nurse said that hearbeat was low....i thought 123 at 6w 3d was ok? Anyways, shw said that im going to have to have another ultrasound next week to see whats going on. She didnt sound positive and it sounds likw I will have weekly ultrasounds to check things out until we see continual growth or something else happens. Waiting game now. It makes it hard to get excited and plan things but I think the beat option is taking it one day at a time and being thankful that this little bean is hanging on and hopefully going to continue to grow. I want to say thanks again for all of your help and advice. Its been wonderful to know that i can come here with questions and you all are willing to give answers or just be there. Thanks again!
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • Options
    @safire3 congrats on graduating! Glad your little bean is doing well.

@busymommy23 I'm so sorry you are going through this. I thought 123 was good. Based the link below it sounds right with 6 week being between 103 - 126 bpm. I guess it's ok that she's being cautious, but try to not let her scare you too much.

https://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/pregnancy/heartbeat.php
  • Options
    @nimmle thats what i thought too. Im wondering if she is just putting all of the pieces together, like the low hcg, supposed to be 8w but only 6w 3d, and the heartrate. Im honestly not sure. I have a few questions to ask her tomorrow when she calls me. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • Options
    @safire3 yay for graduating!! And for a good ultrasound! 

@busymommy23 I'm sorry they didn't sound super positive. Just look at the bright side - you get to see your LO more often now! I will be thinking of you and hoping your LO keeps growing and stays strong! When is your next appointment?
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Options
    @MrsMiller8588 im not sure. The nurse said that i needed to come in but i cant keep leaving work early so i had to ask for somewhere that could do evening or saturday. She said she had to do some calling and woukd call me tomorrow with an appt. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • Options
    @busymommy23 sorry you have to deal with this, waiting games are no fun! Great idea to take it a day at a time and stick with the "I'm pregnant today" mantra. Easier said than done though, I will be thinking about you!

• Options
    @busymommy23 probably. Hopefully your next US goes well