Infertility

December IUI

Re: December IUI

• @Funnygirl34 Congratulations! I hope the beta comes back positive!

@do114 I'm doing alright, trying to stay busy. I had one day where I was so hormonal I almost cried because I went the wrong way out of the elevator!

@lazyornghousecat I hope it was just a quick 24 hour bug! As for fun things this week, DH and I are going to NYC on Friday to do the whole Christmas thing so that should be fun.

I had my progesterone test this morning and they just called to say my progesterone level is at 60. What does that mean? I searched the internet and it doesn't say much about such high levels, and the nurse I spoke to just was like it's above 10 so you're good.
  • @do114 - do you take your temperature? I still do to confirm I'm ovulating with the trigger shot. I am pretty sure I ovulated before my last IUI (I was redosed with femara and I think they waited too long to have me come in). That would explain the lack of CM, the more painful intercourse, and the painful IUI in my case. Hopefully you didn't ovulate before it! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Loading the player...
  • ml2017  I don't know for sure, but 60 sounds like a really positive progesterone level.  From what I understand, a high level can't confirm pregnancy, but a high progesterone level means a nice thick lining which would be the best case scenario if a pregnancy does happen.
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• @ml2017 - I don't think there is any concern in it being 60, just if it was low. FX for you! 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Beta was 47 today at 11dpo!  Now praying it doubles by Wednesday!  After 1.5 years of infertility treatments, this definitely doesn't feel real.
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• @Funnygirl34 yay! hope things continue going well for you.

@do114 I'm not sure if I ovulated before my first IUI, as my temp did indicate it was that day but I did have cramping and some bleeding with that one. This second one went much smoother though (no cramping or bleeding) and I also didn't trigger this time.

4dpo here and time is just going so slow, which I guess is good since I haven't finished Christmas shopping! Trying to stay busy with holiday stuff.
  • @dmo1371 I don’t temp, but after this I may start next cycle. I didn’t think I needed to with the trigger shot, but it would be nice to have the confirmation. 

@Funnygirl34 Congrats! Can’t wait to hear your nexts beta results tomorrow!! 

@ml2017 I don’t know anything about progesterone levels, but hoping for you that’s a good number. It sounds good to me!!!
  • I'm in my TWW right now... 9 days past IUI. I'm trying not to get my hopes up or symptom spot, but my boobs are killing me! They typically hurt a week or so before I get my period. I'm just hoping they could be sore for another reason. I'm supposed to test on Sunday, but I don't know how I'm going to make it that long!
  • @smittyswifey I'm also 9 dpo and I feel like time is going to slowly! Same boat here with boobs killing me and I don't feel like that is a good sign for me as its my usual PMS sign. Going to checkout the lights at the zoo tomorrow, hopefully distract myself for these last 4-5 days!!!
  • @Funnygirl34 congrats! Will hope for continued good news for you!

Today I had an ultrasound that showed 2 mature follicles (19mm and 23mm) and 2 moderate ones that he said may ovulate. I trigger tonight and iui Thursday. I'm less nervous about the procedure this time since I know what to expect.
  • @funnygirl34 we're all sending lots of good thoughts your way!

@kgabhart that's so awesome.  It's good to know that the process gets less scary/nerve-wracking after a while.  I'm CD7 and go for my sono/ultrasound on Friday to see what's growing inside. My first TWW coming up this month and IDK how I'm going to handle it!  Hopefully the holidays will distract me enough for most of it.

Does anyone else do temping?  I have the OPKs I'm still going to take along with getting monitored by the RE.  I guess if things don't add up I'll consider temping next month. But I sweat so much in the middle of the night I feel like my temps are probably really whacky.

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @lazyornghousecat - I still temp. I want 100% confirmation of ovulation before I start taking my endometrin. By temping I know I don't ovulate until 3 days after trigger (slower than average). I just take it when I've had a 3+ hour stretch of sleep so sometimes it's at 2am and sometimes it's at 6am but I still see a clear pattern. I figure it's cheap and easy and makes me feel better since my RE doesn't do any more monitoring after my IUI. 

You guys that wait until 14dpo are super patient! I'm 3dpo and I will probably test at 10-11dpo. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• @Funnygirl34 congrats sounds like a good number for 11dpo wishing you continued good betas and a smooth 9 months!!!

Afm I'm 11DPIUI I have a feeling I'm out yesterday I had what looked like fertile fluid with tinged blood it went away then later it was pink. Today it's a pinkish brown. I'm hoping it could be implantation but not holding my breath after 5 failed iuis and the fact that I spot right before my period its not looking good. 
  • Well, it looks like we're probably out this month after all.  We went for the iui this morning and DH got some stage fright and couldn't provide a sample for the it. We can try to BD tonight and hope for a miracle, but I'm not holding my breath in that. It hasn't worked for the past 2 years, I doubt it will work this month. Good luck to all of you ladies this month!
  • @kgabhart I’m so sorry your IUI didn’t go forward as planned. That’s so disappointing! Since we use donor sperm, that never even occurred to me as a potential obstacle- but I’m sure having to produce on demand isn’t easy. FX for a miracle month!!! 
  • @kgabhart Ugh that is rough, I know its hard to stay positive when things don't go according to plan. 

I'm 12 DPO and started to get some nausea/loss of appetite symptoms yesterday and today, so I might test tomorrow morning. Usually when I'm PMS-y I'm like ravenous for food. Hoping this is my month as our best friends just found out they are expecting after 2 years of trying! Fingers crossed.

Any other good news on the board or is @FunnyGirl34 our only positive this month?! 
  • @kerryann124 FX for you that the nausea isn't for nothing!  I'm on CD 11.  Went for my first blood/sono yesterday and things look good but still way too early.  My uterine lining was 7mm which is apparently a good thing! Had some follicles blooming, will go for more blood/sono tomorrow to keep tabs.  My first trigger shot is arriving in the mail soon and my wife can't wait to jab it into my belly!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

• How is everyone doing? It seems like several people should have betas around now? Hoping to hear some good news!!! 
    Im 8dpo today and this is when time starts to crawl for me. We went away for a couple of days last week which made the week go by quickly, but now I’m counting down the days! 
  • @kgabhart - I'm sorry the IUI didn't happen this month. Hopefully January will be your month! 
    @kerryann124 - Have you tested yet? 

I am 10dpiui but only 8dpo, so I will test Tuesday. I tested today to make sure the trigger was out of my system and it is. Last cycle I didn't have any symptoms really in the TWW (no bloating, sore breasts, etc) and this cycle I have those things in full force. My temp also shot way up this morning so it's making me hopeful. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Hey guys, I tested on Saturday morning which was 13 DPO and got a BFN :( I'm thinking that because I had more follicles this month maybe it was just the higher level of progesterone was messing with me? I definitely didn't have the normal PMS symptoms. Today is 15 DPO and still no AF. I figure if I start today I'll test again tomorrow morning...

Any other good news out there?
  • edited December 2017
    Hi all, I’m new here and just found out about online communities for awesome support. I hope you don’t mind me jumping right in but I’m in the middle of my first IUI Medicated cycle and would love to be a part of this group. 

Currently feeling like a hormonal and thoroughly proved probed pin cushion as I’ve had Bloodwork/sono 3 of the last 5 days. No medical reason to suspect infertility but my SO and I are using donor sperm so we’ve decided to go with medicated IUI to have the best chance of success. Hoping to inseminate later this week. What a fun Christmas present! 

Thinking good, fertile thoughts for all of you and I’m thrilled to be here. Have a great day! 

(Edited for spelling.  Oops!) :)

• @kerryann124 - ugh I'm sorry. I don't remember, do you take progesterone supplements? If so do you get your period even while on them? I've only got my period one time/cycle before I stopped them and then got it. 

I am going to test tomorrow. I have my hopes so high, so I am nervous. 

Welcome @rooonilwaazlib! Hope your stay here is short! 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• I had my beta this morning and it was negative. I'm probably going to skip this next cycle then get back at it towards the end of January. 

Good luck to everyone! 
  • @dmo1371 I don't take progesterone, but I can kind of tell when it drops off right before I start AF. Did I read that correctly - you don't get a period while on progesterone? Good luck, I have my FX for you!!!!

Ugh, sorry for the news @ml2017
  • I tested yesterday (two weeks since my IUI) and think I got a faint positive. It was so light I could have imagined it. I'm testing again tomorrow to see if it's easier to read. FX!
  • I tested today at 11dpo, I'm nor sure why I guess I just caved but it was a BFN. AF isn't expected till Thursday so I guess there is still hope though it's hard not to be discouraged. We are planning to take a break next month from meds/procedures.

Good luck @dmo1371 and @smittyswife

• I'm sorry for the BFN @ml2017
    @kerryann124 - so 3/4 of my IUIs I didn't get my period until after I stopped the progesterone. The last one I did get it even though I was on the progesterone so who knows. Thank you!
    @smittyswifey - Ahh!!!! You'll have to update us tomorrow. FX for you!! 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• @rooonilwaazlib Welcome!!

@ml2017 I’m so sorry to hear your result. I hope you have a restful holiday and great success in January!

@smittyswifey How exciting!!! I can’t wait to hear your official result! 

@dmo1371 I’m thinking of you today!!!!! Hoping to come on later to see a great beta number!!!!

AFM- Today is 10dpo and I’m feeling much more optimistic this cycle, but I’m worried that I’m getting my hopes up just to get let down. I’ve been having mild cramps since 6dpo and for the last couple days twinges just on the left side. I haven’t had any implantation bleeding like I did with my CP though and no other symptoms. I will probably test today even though I worked night shift so I don’t have a FMU. I tested last night even though I knew it was early and I think I got a very very faint line on a wondfo test at about 8 minutes and tested again an hour later with more dilute urine and it was negative. As much as I hate seeing negatives, I hate not knowing even more! 
  • We are doing our first IUI today! Eeeeek! We’ll be braving that bitter North Dakota cold to hopefully get some baby magic growing today! 

How do you all handle this cold time of year? I love a cup of tea and many many layers of warmth. 

@dmo1371 @do114 @smittyswifey BEST of luck to you all! I hope to hear good things soon! I hope we all have great news for the holidays!

• So I tested again and it was definitely positive! I'm going for blood work today and Thursday to check if HCG and progesterone levels are increasing. I'm so nervous, I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it would be such a wonderful Christmas gift!
  • @smittyswifey that is awesome! Have you had test results like this in the past?  I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed for you!

• @do114 - eek!! When will your retest? FX!!!! My RE doesn't do betas until I get a positive hpt. BFN for me today.
    @rooonilwaazlib - Good luck today! I'm in the midsouth, so fortunately it doesn't get too terribly cold here. Are you a Harry Potter fan (based on your screen name)? 
    @smittyswifey - Congratulations!! FX for doubling betas! 

*TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• do114do114 member
    edited December 2017
    @rooonilwaazlib How did your IUI go?!? Welcome to the TWW- hoping these two weeks fly by for you! I’m in Maine so we definitely have cold winters. I’m a huge fan of curling up in front of the pellet stove. I’m also a skier so I love winter, but skiing took a back seat when we adopted our son two years ago and hopefully I won’t be allowed to ski this winter! 

@smittyswifey Yeah!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!! What was your hcg level? 

@dmo1371 Sorry for your bfn yesterday ☹️ FX your embie is just implanting late! What day post IUI are you, will you keep testing? 

**TW**

I tested last night and this morning and got BFPs both times!!! I’m still so so anxious and feeling very cautious about it though because I saw those two lines last month and it was a chemical. But this morning’s line was darker than last night and I flipped a digital this morning (which I didnt do last month) so I’m trying to let myself get a little excited. I really hope this little bean hangs on. This was the last vial of our favorite donor sperm and he doesn’t have any more available, so we will have to pick a different donor if it doesn’t hold strong. 
  •  @do114 my HCG was 145 yesterday and my progesterone was 37.9, but I've also been taking progesterone since my IUI. 
    FX for you that your bean hangs on!!!

@rooonilwaazlib I was pregnant in the spring after over 2 years of trying, but mc at 8 weeks. Just hoping this one sticks! 

I go in tomorrow for follow up blood work so hopefully I see doubled numbers! 
  • @do114 I rented a house on vacation once that had a pellet stove -- I loved it!  That sounds amazing!

My IUI went great! No side effects or symptoms.  I think the trigger shot definitely made me nauseous Monday night...or it was nerves!  Now I'm in the TWW (gawd I never thought I'd be here!) and I don't know how you all handle this!  I start my progesterone tomorrow and my pregnancy test blood work is scheduled for Jan 2.  YIKES!

At least the holidays are finally here, and will hopefully distract me.  We told my parents and my in-laws we were trying...something I had been hesitant to do.  Basically we said we'd done our first IUI and we will let you know if/when we're pregnant, so please don't ask a million Qs! I told my brothers and my sister in-law too.  We just wanted the support on our first try, but haven't told anyone outside immediate family.

Question: I know the trigger shot would give me a false positive if I take a pregnancy test too early, so when should I take one (if I'm going to break and do it before my beta blood work)? I was thinking NY Eve might be safe but I don't know.  I'm trying to exert will-power.  The logical me wants to just wait for blood work so I don't confuse and torture myself with HPTs.

• @rooonilwaazlib I started out saying I wasn’t going to test early but I definitely did not end up with the self control for that. I go totally test crazy! I have found that the trigger is out of my system by 8 dpiui. I technically had my first very very faint positive on 9dpo this month and I’m really glad I had tested on day 8 to see the stark negative and know the trigger was out of my system and the positive might be for real. However, if you know that seeing a bfn will be devastating, I would suggest not testing until the day before or morning of beta. I just can’t handle not knowing, so I started testing on day 8! 
  • @do114 - congratulations!!!! FX for a sticky baby! I'm only 11dpo, but *TW* with all 3 of my pregnancies I've had a positive by now */TW* I might test again tomorrow depending on my temp.
    @smittyswifey - what a great first beta! Congratulations! FX for doubling betas and a healthy and happy 9mos!
    @rooonilwaazlib - I test out my trigger so I know if I get a BFP it's for real. I usually test 7dpo when I know it's too early to be pregnant. FX this is your cycle and the TWW goes by quickly for you. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• I hope it’s ok that I join you on this thread. My husband and I have been ttc for over 5 years now. Back in March 2017 we finally saw an RE and I was diagnosed with pcos, regular cycles but I don’t ovulate on my own, and my left tube is blocked. We tried 3 cycles of Clomid in March-June but only able to do one IUI because my left side kept producing follicles. We took a break to save some money up and we just started back again. I’m currently on CD 7, I’m taking Clomid (alternating 100 and 50mg to try to stimulate my right side) from cd 5-9 and I go for my midcycle scan on 12/28 and hopefully it’s good news! 
    Congratulations to everyone who’s gotten their bfp!!
  • @alex_4 welcome to the board! FX for you and happy holidays!

• SkilledSailorSkilledSailor member
    edited December 2017
    *lurking from TTGP* 

@alex_4 Did you RE explain why the alternating dosages would help the right side ovulate? I'm just curious because my left tube is blocked as well. We'll start IUIs late February if (once) we fail three medicated TI cycles. <- Kinda explaining why I'm lurking