July 2018 Moms
Options

Cramping in early weeks

Hi!! It's my first pregnancy and I am experiencing mild cramps as though I were about to start my period.  It's more annoying than painful and there's no bleeding.  Is this something you ladies have experienced?!

Re: Cramping in early weeks

• Options
    dimeadozendimeadozen member
    edited December 2017

It doesn't happen to everyone, but fairly common! You also could experience some bleeding - that could be implantation bleeding. I cramped early on and sometimes do now, but last US the little one was growing like a weed.

If it's severe and lasts for hours I would definitely contact your doctor! And, if it scares you enough, go ahead and call him or her anyway, whatever makes you most comfortable and puts your mind at ease.

ETA comma and few words to help the sentence.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Many women cramp in early pregnancy, most likely it is just the baby getting comfortable and you uterus getting ready to expand for the pregnancy. Call your doctor if the pain gets worse or it's accompanied by spotting or bleeding. 
    Also, I see this is your first post on our board. Welcome! Please introduce yourself on the introductions thread as well as read the **read first** thread pinned at the top to get an idea of how we keep the board organized. Generally posts like this are frowned upon, and it will likely get lost in the other threads pretty quickly. 
    In our symptoms thread you would see lots ladies struggling with many of the same issues you! Feel free to jump in on any threads you are interested in, and welcome! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everything the others said. Cramping can be normal but if it is accompanied by bleeding or spotting contact your dr. check out our symptoms thread for lots of other good information and the FTM check in too to connect with other FTM's as well :) welcome again
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Def normal I’m cramping and sharp pains as we speak try not to worry and stress . As long as there’s no bleeding (heavy) don’t worry 
  • Options
    I made myself sick with worry my last pregnancy which was my first at every little pain and twinge . He turned out to be a week and a day late and healthy as a horse lol