March 2018 Moms
Options

Friday Ticker Change

Weeks/EDD:

What's new with baby?

What's new with mama?

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY:  How are you doing on picking out a name?  Share!  If you haven't picked one, let us know the contenders.  

Re: Friday Ticker Change

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @antoto I got stretch marks all around my boobs with my first when my milk came in. They faded away quite a bit after I quit breastfeeding. 
  • Options

Weeks/EDD: 28 weeks DD: 2-23-17 (HELLO 3RD TRIMESTER!)

What's new with baby? She's still a ninja that loves fruit and her daddy's voice! She just goes crazy when he talks to her. Melts my heart! <3

What's new with mama? I FINALLY slept last night after weeks of restless sleep. I'm sure that was a one time thing though. I failed my one hour GD test so I have the 3 hour one next weekend. Yippie. -_-

Rants/Raves: So a few months back I had bitched about how my DH's cousins didn't respond to any of our pregnancy stuff and they still haven't acknowledged it. So last night facetiming with his mom, she asked us if we have received any registry gifts from any of them (we never told her about the subtle battle going on with them but she obviously knows.) I told her NO we haven't and quite frankly we don't expect anything from them. If they don't want to acknowledge the baby and be in her life, their loss. I'm not going to chase them and make them love her. So that annoyed me. My DH said when we got off the phone, "well it's obvious now."

Guess what? Don't care. If she wants to tell them what I said, be my guest. They already know.

Questions: Nothing at the moment :)

GTKY:  How are you doing on picking out a name?  Share!  If you haven't picked one, let us know the contenders.

We have our girls name picked out but no one knows yet. It's a secret til she's born! :)

• Options
    edited December 2017
    @StephBrim24 I had reoccurring yeasties as well and here's how I stopped them:  Go buy one of the 7 day cream treatments.  You can even buy the off brand kind.  One day every single week inject one "serving" of the cream.  Continue until you give birth.  It's completely harmless to baby and will keep you from getting the yeasties.  Additionally, I would suggest going to your local health food store (Sprouts, Whole Foods, etc) and getting some good probiotic pills or powder.  Only get them from the refrigerated section.  Room temp probiotics are useless.

@LaurenAnn0405 I love Abigail!  My favorite name site is behindthename.com and also the baby names board here on TB is great for inspiration and helping to decide.
  • Options
    orbmakerorbmaker member
    edited December 2017
    Weeks/EDD: 25!!! 3/16, which suddenly feels so much closer.

What's new with baby? She has been kicking up a storm today and rolling around and who knows what. Yesterday I felt her all over my cervix and bladder and ?rectum. Today, in the belly button zone. Supposedly she is "learning" where she is in space, so let's hope she ends up head down!

What's new with mama? I just worked like 7 days in a row if you count these mandatory Pediatric Advanced Life Support classes I had to take earlier in the week (on that note, please do not learn me about not-breathing babies right now thx), so I'm pooped, BUT now have SEVEN DAYS OFF!! I bought some fancy ravioli from the Italian grocery and am looking forward to a chill, easy dinner with my husband.

Rants/Raves: See above, but also random rib pain while sleeping? Over it. Also waking up soooo achey... I think the perpetual physical discomfort era of pregnancy is dawning for me.

Also can't help but be SO optimistic about Flynn taking our Molester-in-Chief down with him. Please!?!?!

Questions: Can't think of anything right now. 

We haven't decided yet and will probably just daydream with a purpose until she is born and we see her. Althea (nn Al or Thea) has been a strong contender. We also like Jane. My husband likes Opal, and opals are a thing for us (my engagement ring is an opal, for example), but I'm not into it as a name. TBD!

@mdfarmchick we don't have the most conventional taste in names necessarily, but we really liked Gideon, Vincent, and Julian/Julien for a boy.
  • Options
    @orbmaker at this point I’m literally considering all names... and giving MH a hard time about still vetoing Finley ((nn Fin)) and Sebastian ((nn Seb)). I just want it to click. 

@LaurenAnn0405 I have a bunch of girl names we’ve agreed on, Julia, Samantha ((nn Sam)), Josephine ((nn Jo)), Aubrey ((nn Bree)), Eliana, and I do like Abigail with the nn Abby. Those are just a few. 
  • Options
    @LaurenAnn0405 sorry but wawa > sheetz :wink:
    @mdfarmchick we're in the same predicament... second boy and no names lol!
    Weeks/EDD:
    27... yikes!!! Can't believe it! Since I'll be induced early that means 9-10 weeks left for me!
    What's new with baby?
    Moving alllll over! Definitely been getting jabbed in the cervix lately which is always fun. *TW* I've had two friends with premature/late term losses recently so I am truly trying to cherish it all... even the not so fun pregnancy moments.
    What's new with mama?
    I passed my GD test last week, I'm relieved because I've had a major sweet tooth!!! We had an ultrasound last week too and baby looks great! My bile acids came back a little higher than they have been but I'm pretty sure it's from missing a few doses of my medicine when I was sick. The itching has subsided since I've been back to my regular medication schedule!
    Rants/Raves:
    Just thankful for this holiday season  right now <3 
    Questions:
    Nada!
    GTKY:  How are you doing on picking out a name?  Share!  If you haven't picked one, let us know the contenders.  We are having a terrible time!! We have maybe two names that neither of us have ruled out but not sure if it's *the* name. I'm going to guess we won't be deciding until close to when baby is born! 
  • Options
    @scoogy19 I’m glad you are feeling better. And very sorry for your friends’ losses. I, too, have been trying to take none of this for granted—even the hard parts. 
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD23 -- due March 29

What's new with baby? Nothing much. I can see movement now so I stare at my belly when I can lol the rolling motion has started so I guess that's new.

What's new with mama? I am just TIRED. I need like 2 weeks off from work!! #drained

Rants/Raves: I am awake (it's almost 5am here) and I drank a little juice a little bit ago because my throat was dry, and it gave me heartburn! Which made me realize I haven't been having continuous no-matter-what-I-eat-or-drink heartburn like with DD. But I just now remembered that I with her, I noticed I hadn't had it in a while, and BAM or was back with a vengeance.

Questions: if anyone else is "overweight/obese" (according to the dr) does your OB consider it to be "complicating" your pregnancy?

GTKY:  How are you doing on picking out a name?  Share!  If you haven't picked one, let us know the contenders. If it's a boy, he'll be named after my husband with a slight twist. If it's a girl (since DH doesn't want to think about girl names because he's gung-ho about having a boy lol) I've decided on a name myself which I love and which happens to be composed of his same initials so, kinda naming her after him? Lol
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    KASGKASG member
    edited December 2017
    @StephBrim24 I did. I think part of it is maybe diet, although I have no idea what I may have been eating different. But also, I noticed a lot more moisture so panty liners helped, rinsing with just water, sleeping with no undies, etc.
    ETA -- I even had "adult diaper rash" too! Like wtf is that?! Lol 

@LaurenAnn0405 I hadn't heard that about low iron. I hope that's not always true. I'm on #2 and I had to do my GD test early ("du e to my weight" grr) and they didn't say anything about my iron, but maybe they weren't looking. Also, seems like you like "old" girl names. I recently came to like Ruby, but I won't be using it so... lol

@orbmaker I LOVE the name Jane!! And also Julian (cc @mdfarmchick) although I wanted it for a girl -- Julienn.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    @KASG and @antoto - thank you! It’s been a wild ride.