January 2018 Moms
Options

UO- 11/30

Anyone have an unpopular opinion for today? 

(Not trying to overstep, but this hasn't been posted in a bit! @GraceUponGrace09 are you okay??)
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO- 11/30

• Options
    @KatieEl I'm with you!!!!  Plus, I feel like it only encourages good behavior for a month...no your butt should be good allll year long and extra good during the holidays  :D And I just don't have time for that...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My UO - I went and saw Hamilton recently and I thought it was okay...good I guess. It was creative and interesting, but I was really confused as to why people were cheering and cat calling like it was a rock concert. And the rapping was a little hard to understand. One of DH's coworkers has seen it like 6 times which i don't get at all. Overall, it doesn't make my top 5 shows I've ever seen, but I thought it was good. 
  • Options
    @gilsam1 Woooooo! I love love love Hamilton, but I had listened to it many times prior to seeing it (so I could follow all of  the words etc). Where did you see it? If I was $$$$$$$$, I'd also see it 6 times! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @KatieEl I totally agree. I think they're creepy!

@gilsam1 Jealous! I want to see it. I saw Little Shop of Horrors on Broadway years ago when Joey Fatone was Seymore and I could not stand it that every time he moved, the audience lost it. He was SEYMORE. Not JOEY. SEYMORE! 

I have two UOs. 

#1 When a 30 year old doesn't know how to properly address an an envelope, we have a problem.

#2 I'm not sure that I'll ever tell my kids that Santa is real. I love Christmas and the stories and the cute pictures of seeing Santa...but I am not playing the game with gifts. I just....no. I didn't have that as a kid and DH never believed it anyway, so I just don't see the point!

• Options
    @KatieEl it is waaaayyy too much work. I will never do it

@schaze I'm pretty sure I might die if I had to live somewhere were it snowed. I froze my butt off in Alaska in Aug when I was in the 40s in the morning. Like sweater, jacket, beanie and still freezing.

My UO: I do not like Christmas music
  • Options
    @ryannenikole I'm so torn on the idea of Santa. Like I totally don't want to deal with keeping that charade up. Plus I kind of hate the idea of lying to my kids, even about stuff like that (probably my UO). But then I also don't want them to feel like they're missing out on something special, or be those kids who go around telling other kids Santa isn't real haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @maueraa07 I don't want my kids to be jerks about it either. Lol. Coming from someone who didn't have Santa going on while growing up, I never felt like I was deprived. 
  • Options
    Yeah I don't love the idea of Santa...but I definitely don't want to have those A$$hole kids that ruin it for everyone else.  
  • Options
    Neither DH or my family did Santa, so we are totally fine with not doing it for our kids. We both were told though not to wreck it for other kids, just to keep it to ourselves so we'll make sure our kids do the same.
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 I saw it here in LA, and my boss is going to go see it next month and i recommended she read the lyrics to the songs online before going so she knew what the heck was going on haha, I wish i would have done that!

@shaze I wish it was 30s-40s here (i like cold weather), but then again i might not know what to do if it was that cold (e.g. I don't own a winter coat  :# ). I can count on one hand the number of times i've seen/been in the snow, and it was fun, but i don't think i could live in it. DH is from Minnesota, so he thinks I'm weird and snow is no big deal, but I couldn't handle it. 

@burnsmommy27 I can't imagine Christmas without Christmas music! And my favorite Christmas music is classical religious/choir, like 'What Child Is This', 'O Holy Night', etc. I'm a dork...I know haha

And to everyone: I loved Santa as a kid, I have great memories of that stuff, but then again we were big into fantasy/make believe stuff in my family, hence the frequent trips to Disneyland. 
  • Options
    @supercoolstephy I can't wait for my dad's hair & beard to finish going white. He's going to be a great Santa.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    @GraceUponGrace09 I'm glad you're doing well!  Enjoy your babymoon!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @supercoolstephy Santa rocks! 

My UO...I love elf on the shelf. This will be our first kid but we got an elf on the shelf 3 years ago when we move into this house. It's fun every year moving it around just the 2 of us, we both participate and it's always been just a cute thing to add to our Christmas stuff :)
  • Options
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1336139329785881&id=241319625934529&ref=bookmarks

I’m not sure if this will work but I like this idea of revealing Santa, then it’s not such a lie.