May 2018 Moms
Options

FTM Check In - Week of 11/30

sbaby2019sbaby2019 member
edited November 2017 in May 2018 Moms
I hope you all don't mind me restarting this thread. I think the regular day is Tuesday but we have a lot that starts at the beginning of the week already. 

In any event...

How are you doing?

Have you purchased any items for baby? Do you have a registry started?

Any unexpected symptoms?

Questions?

GTKY What are some funny ways people have reacted the your pregnancy news or gender reveal?

Re: FTM Check In - Week of 11/30

• Options
    I'll start!

How are you doing?
    Pretty good! Despite my PGAL brain and anxieties, I feel rather "at ease". My symptoms have minimized and I'm getting excited for a bump to show and to feel a definite kick! There have been a few maybe ones. 
    I have a car seat, crib, some onesies and then random items I got from my sister and from a basket I won. 
    I've started a registry but I've kept it private just so I can keep my thoughts organized while I research the items I really want. I've looked on Ikea and I've created a general consolidated registry on a website called babylist.
    Any unexpected symptoms?
    I did not expect to be so congested. All day, every day. I want to breathe!
    Questions?
    How are you deciding what brands to purchase? There are so many options, it's ovrwhelming!
    Who do you usually turn to for advice? Family, friends, Second Time Moms, random boards or Facebook?
    GTKY What are some funny ways people have reacted the your pregnancy news or gender reveal?
    I find it awkward when people ask if we were trying and for how long. Kinda private, no?
    My niece was super excited and tried to see my belly and look at baby when I told her lol 
  • Options
    How are you doing? Not bad! Still tired and constipated a lot.

Have you purchased any items for baby? Do you have a registry started? Yes on registry and yes on purchases. We've bought a crib, glider, boppy and baby monitor.

Any unexpected symptoms? Left leg numbness when sleeping at night. It's positional.

Questions? I don't think so but I'd love to see a STM for FTM thread as we get closer to birth!

My mom got super anxious and worried about me and my everyone move but she backed down. And my grandmother has been completely obnoxious. Nothing else weird.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @charlestonchew which monitor did you purchase?
    I agree with you on the STM advice thread. And definitely later. Right now I feel like there is just too much to do/buy/research that it might be overwhelming lol. 
  • Options
    As far as what brands to buy, I would say we did all of those things.  A lot of how we decided was price range, but we also talked to other people who had/used those products, looked at reviews online, MH is really big into Consumer Reports, so we looked at that a lot, talked to people on TB, all that stuff.  And quite honestly, some of it just boils down to trial and error.  Borrow or buy stuff second hand if you can, so if you decide you don't like it, at least you haven't wasted a ton of money on it.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @babys_2018 I got a months subscription of Consumer Reports and downloaded all baby product ratings. Someone on this board also mentioned Lucie's List, so I plan to use that. And our board has the weekly product guides too. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    How are you doing?
    Overall, good. I have chronic ulcerative colitis and I'm in a flare, so I guess I need to make a doctor's appointment. I've been putting it off bc I was hoping I would miraculously get better...so far no. 

No, on both. I randomly decided 20 weeks is when I'm getting on stuff (nursery, registry, baby classes), so I'm just casually researching stuff for now. 

Any unexpected symptoms?

Bloated. So bloated. I go from looking bumpy to not based on how much my stomach hates me that day. Also can't eat too much bc I am so bloated. 

Questions?
    Anyone else have a chronic illness? I don't want to take any meds...which is why I haven't been going to a gastro doctor, but I'm guessing it's better to take meds and heal than be ill my entire pregnancy. Bleh. 

I don't think we've had any funny reactions. A lot of people were more surprised than I thought they would be. We waited until 16+ weeks to tell people (I still need to tell some), so I thought friends would have figured it out. 

• Options
    sbaby2019sbaby2019 member
    edited December 2017
    @silverhope thanks for the tips and recommendations!
    And good for you for holding off sharing until 16+ weeks! I did at 14 weeks and found that hard lol. Of course a few people said "I knew it!" But other than us being married for a year, I don't know how they would have because some of them I didn't even see lol.

Edited because my autocorrect went wild and this wasn't even English lol  
  • Options
    @babys_2018 yea, a few women who are already moms said they could tell. I was like O.o will I get these magic powers too after giving birth? haha. 

• Options
    @silverhope I almost always figure it out now before someone tells me.  You notice subtle changes in body or habits.  And I am an expert and figuring out when people are fake drinking.
  • Options
    @rachelg777 I have this weird crackly sound in my ear so I don't know if that's related or not...
  • Options
    How are you doing? Bloated, short of breath, light headed, food doesn't sound good but I can eat. I'm finding it hard to get anything done. I can barely work and I'm having trouble focusing. 

Have you purchased any items for baby? Do you have a registry started? I just couldn't help myself and I bought a bunch of baby girl stuff on cyber Monday. Today I started freaking out because what if the blood test is  wrong? There is a 1%chance of being wrong. Just yesterday I started a registry on babylist. 

Any unexpected symptoms? the return of my fatigue and nausea 

Questions? Nope

GTKY What are some funny ways people have reacted the your pregnancy news or gender reveal? everyone has behaved but my 9 year old nephew who is close to us, asked why we chose a girl - he clearly wanted a boy.
  • Options
    @babys_2018 I am also using lucies list and also baby bargains. I also like babylist's guides. I was feeling really overwhelmed with all the options too. I turn to everyone for advice but its hard to know what is right. 

@silverhope I have chronic illness. I had to get off some meds when we started ttc and now I'm taking prednisone as needed. I'd rather not take it but when I have a flare up, it won't go away until I take prednisone. So each time I have to decide which is the less of the two evils.

@Rachelg777 yes to the earwax! So weird and gross. 
  • Options
    How are you doing?
    Overall pretty good. Waiting for my SCH to go away but I've heard it can take a long time. Got diagnosed 3 weeks ago. And can't wait to start showing! My doctor said I'm lucky my pants still fit. People are surprised I'm not showing yet for having twins. But I'm only 14 weeks. 

Yes and yes. Got great deals on our cribs and double stroller. I've found being pregnant during the great holiday sales is awesome. I also used Lucy's list, other research and read reviews for items. Plan to ask friends a few questions as well. Registered at Target & Amazon. 

Any unexpected symptoms?
    Sneezing more often? Although not sick. 

Questions?
    Anyone who found out gender via ultrasound before their anatomy scan, at what week? My next appt is at 17 weeks. Not sure if they'll let me do an ultrasound. Anatomy scan is at 19 weeks. Would be fun to find out before Xmas but I'm ok waiting too.  

We told parents & siblings only at 13 weeks. They knew we've been trying 3 years (and were likely doing IVF which we did) so it was pretty emotional for everyone's reactions which was awesome. We plan to tell relatives at the holidays and then friends/co-workers etc after our anatomy scan Jan 3rd. Sending out a holiday card then revealing our news and the genders. 
  • Options
    @doubleblessings1124 I’m just lurking in here but my doctor was able to see the sexes of my boys at my last appointment. I was 16w3d. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jenbabymama I’m thinking the same about the lesser of two evils. Think I’m going to make a doctor’s appointment next week to get some meds. Hope you don’t have too many (or really any more) flares this pregnancy!

• Options
    I'll definitely be checking out Lucies list - haven't heard of it before.  Thanks ladies!

I think my nausea might be back (what?!?!). I'm 17 weeks now but the last 2 days have been kinda tough. Feel like I'm back in first trimester! Lol 

We just picked up our crib that we ordered for black friday. I'm excited to clear out a room and get it set up! 
    Do must of you plan on getting a dresser-top change pad or are you getting a stand alone change table? 
  • Options
    @doubleblessings1124 Mine couldn’t tell at 16 weeks (but I was pretty sure I was looking at a penis). At the 18 week scan it was very clearly a boy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker