July 2018 Moms
Options

Plus Size Check-In

hi mamas!
1.how has this week gone?
2. any new or current concerns?
3. what is a win you have had this week?
4. plus size maternity clothes can be hit or miss where your go to store to buy flattering and comfortable maternity clothes?
5. GYKY: what is your favorite thing about the holiday season? 
April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

Re: Plus Size Check-In

• Options
    it has been okay I have been feeling a bit better which has been nice :) feeling frustrated with my weight though
    as I said above I am concerned about my weight more this pregnancy as I am heavier than before and I barely passed my GD test last pregnancy and want to make sure i keep my weight in check for that too. also im just not feeling comfortable in my own skin
    i have been working out more regularly which has helped my morning sickness actually
    4. plus size maternity clothes can be hit or miss where your go to store to buy flattering and comfortable maternity clothes?  i have liked some of the things from gap but hoping to try some zulily items from different brands
    I love decorations and smells like apple cinnamon

• Options
    its been okay. Ate wayyy too much food over the holiday. 

I'm really struggling about my weight. I'm about 10lbs heavier than when I got pregnant with DD and that really scares me. I'm trying to stay positive and just be healthy and active as possible but I feel like a failure. This pregnancy was unplanned and I was in the process of losing weight but definitely was not where I wanted to be yet. I really wanted a better pregnancy this time but I'm scared that's not going to happen. Idk why I'm so worried I was overweight with DD too and she was healthy as can be. It's just frustrating. I've struggled with this my entire life :/

ive been doing good at staying active. So I got that going for me. 

4. plus size maternity clothes can be hit or miss where your go to store to buy flattering and comfortable maternity clothes?
    Old navy mostly 

I love giving gifts. I'm so excited for everyone to open what I got them :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    this week has been pretty good. I’m exhausted but feel like I’m not sleeping well which is frustrating. But I’ve been feeling mostly ok! 

2. I’m also a little concerned about my weight. I’ve been hungry and I was hoping that I’d have some aversions to keep me from being hungry. I’m honoring that once I feel more myself I can get some good exercise in again. 

3. I think a win for me today was going out with my friend this morning even though I just wanted to lay on the couch! 

4. Uh- I generally like old navy maternity or target because I’m cheap even though I like some of the nicer maternity store clothes better

5. I love traditions! Making cookies, spending time with family, decorating the tree. Stuff like that. 
  • Options
    thanks so much for sharing Ladies!! 

@raampaige We are so similar! We weren't totally planning this either and I was definitelh hoping to lose more weight too. I feel the same way about almost being more hard on myself. it is so hard when it has been a struggle for so long. hugs you can do this!! 

@hillbillywife I hope you can sleep better soon! that is so hard when you naturally more tired anyway right now. If you ever want a workout accountability person once you feel up to it let me know. I know i definity need it!

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 thank you! I'm glad I'm not alone with feeling this way. I'm doing my best to stay positive. I definitely am a fan of this thread! 
  • Options
    bdesterhousebdesterhouse member
    edited November 2017
    - Monday and Tuesday sucked. Today I have felt a lot better. 

- anxious to see baby Friday. I had cramping last night with no blood, so I keep telling myself that it’s good and baby is growing. 

- I ate lunch and didn’t feel sick afterwords!

- edit: I go to motherhood’s website. I like their pants.

- lights, decorations, baking, and presents lol

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse yay!!! so excited to hear your update on Friday! cramping is such a mind mess ugh glad to hear no spotting though! 

• Options
    Do Over please?  This week has been the worst!  Work has been crap, I'm so sick (not morning sick, but severe cold), and my dh is being a FH.

No, thankfully.  Very fortunate to have had a good sono Monday, so relieved that I've seen baby and it is REAL.

That.  Saw baby and heartbeat, all right on track. 

I'm not there yet!  Probably Target or Motherhood...IDK. Haven't even thought about it yet.

Memories.  That sounds weird, but my best memories of Christmas include my mom and favorite Grandpa who are no longer with us.  I really treasure getting to be reminded of all the joy we shared during the Christmases we had together.
  • Options
    @cocopuff2018 I feel your pain. I'm currently battling a sinus infection. I hope you feel better soon! 
  • Options
    @raampaige aww, thanks!  You too!  Are you taking antibiotics?  I know it’s not ideal, but I found a list of some that were safe.  My colds almost always turn into sinus infections, so I’m prepared to go back and ask for antibiotics.  
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse yay!!! so excited to hear your update on Friday! cramping is such a mind mess ugh glad to hear no spotting though! 
    I’ll definitely keep everyone updated. Cramping is such a MF. I knew being pregnant a 4th time would be different, but geez how did the duggars do this 19 Times?!?! 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, I'm too tired to copy and paste on phone, but wanted to say in response to #4 my friend told me Asos sells maternity clothes, and they already rock plus size, and they're super cute! More than target, but on par with motherhood I think in terms of price.
  • Options
    @cocopuff2018 yes I went to the doctor because my throat was hurting soooo bad and I could barely hear out of my right ear so they gave me antibiotics. I really wanted to see my OB but they refused to see me since I haven't had my confirmation appointment. I was so annoyed. So I had to see my PCP.
  • Options
    1- this week has been okay. Still coming to terms with this surprise pregnancy . I also had said I wanted to be healthier if I ever got pregnant again but that didn’t happen- actually 15 pounds heavier than my previous pregnancy.

2- got in the scale yesterday and wow weight! Not sure how or why I gained like 6-7 pounds in basically a week. Hoping it’s water weight. My eating hasn’t changed. Also still struggling with the whole moneynpart of this pregnancy and how we are going to make it. I’m stressing way to much.

3- I slept great last night!!!! Insomnia is my number one symptom while pregnant and I have been bummed it is already here but last night my body gave me a break.

4- last pregnancy I did motherhood. I’m going to try some target brand this pregnancy. Bummed that we have to have both long pants and capris due to when the babies are due.

5- when money isn’t tight I love being able to buy for family. I like that people are happy during this season. 
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse My appointment is Friday too. I've had cramping all week and am nervous/anxious about my appointment. Let me know how it goes. 

1.how has this week gone? Extremely slowly! I only found out last Friday and my appointment is this Friday. 
    2. any new or current concerns? My weight is a big concern for me. I was actually planning to have weight loss surgery next summer. But surprise, I'm getting a baby instead. I'm about 45lb heavier than last time, and really hope to gain as little as possible this time. 
    I've only been at my job 4 months and they are already asking me to help train new people. Which it's not like they are lacjingnin experienced people.
    4. plus size maternity clothes can be hit or miss where your go to store to buy flattering and comfortable maternity clothes? Luckily I can wear scrubs at work. So, I'm not worrying about maternity clothes just yet. Clothes in general give me a headache though.
    5. GYKY: what is your favorite thing about the holiday season? EVERYTHING! Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year . People who know me, know the way to heart is through Christmas and purple. 
  • Options
    1.how has this week gone? No complaints, Nausea hasn't been too bad. I call it a win!  
    2. any new or current concerns? My weight is really concerning me. As with a few of you this was TOTALLY unplanned and I was intending to lose some weight before having a second baby. I have been watching my weight which I probably shouldn't be doing as much as I am and so far no gain, I am calling that a win.
    3. what is a win you have had this week? Oh Lord, I would have to say its that we remembered to move the elf every night so far lol
    4. plus size maternity clothes can be hit or miss where your go to store to buy flattering and comfortable maternity clothes? Last time we lived in FL so I got away with a lot of Maxi Dresses and skirts that I got for Old Navy. This time we are in PA, I am looking to try old navy again, zulily and ross . Our target only has Maternity jeans no  maternity" work" pants, which is disappointing 
    5. GYKY: what is your favorite thing about the holiday season? All of it, the music, smells, traditions, lights. I love it all.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    1.how has this week gone? Started off bad with the nausea and vomming but yesterday was better. DH started feeling "blah" last night, whatever that means. If he gets sick I'm getting a hotel room 

2. any new or current concerns? Not really, I'm in a good place today.

3. what is a win you have had this week? I ate three relatively normal meals yesterday for the first time in weeks. 

4. plus size maternity clothes can be hit or miss where your go to store to buy flattering and comfortable maternity clothes? A lot of Old Navy. I check their sale section and have scored a few tops for less than $5 each. 

5. GYKY: what is your favorite thing about the holiday season?  The decorations and just the general magical vibe. I just wish I lived somewhere that it snowed, that would be icing on my Christmas cake. 
  • Options
    I just scored some a few nice maternity pieces at the consignment sale i went to for dirt cheap! like really nice pants for 4 dollars!! 

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I completely hear you on being concerned about your weight. I feel the exact same way. I have that Glucose test this weekend, so I’m started to get nervous. 

@raampaige the most important thing is a healthy baby, I understand your concerns- I was also trying to lose more weight before getting pregnant. Just try to hang in there and do whatever you did last time! It sounds like Baby was healthy and all was fine! 

@bdesterhouse FX for you for tomorrow!

@brittany121087 good luck tomorrow! and my all time fav holiday is also Christmas! I love to decorate the whole house and be literally start November 1st! I feel like anyone who loves the holidays as much as me is a good person!!! Lol

Im not feeling so good- MS finally caught up to me. I was feeling great earlier in the week then yesterday it’s was so bad- I couldn’t even come on here because I was feeling so sick. 

same as all of you! My weight! I’m very nervous because the doc has me taking that damn glucose test on Saturday. I’ve been eating all good choice meals so I’ve lost weight but I know that’s not enough. 

My win- is kicking butt at work even though I feel like crap! And getting to the gym this week! 

still figuring that out! But judging by your answers I’ll check out Old Navy. 

5. GYKY: what is your favorite thing about the holiday season? I love everything! I’m a Christmas finatic- I decorate starting novemeer 1st! I have more decorations then my apartment can use! My hope is to have  big house to decorate one day!! 
  • Options
    good luck @catftm2018

• Options
    @catftm2018. I completely agree. Anyone that is fanatical about the holidays is my kind of person. DH refuses to let me put up Christmas stuff in early November. But every year I put stuff out a lite sooner than the last year lol. I figured I'd easy him into it. Good Luck on your glucose test.
  • Options
    @wysmom14 I got my maternity pants from JCPennys. They're actually pretty comfortable! 

@catftm2018 good luck! I had GD with DD. it actually was not that terrible and I controlled it easily with diet. So I'm sure that's in my future
  • Options
    @raampaige I will have to check out JCP.  Thanks for the heads up. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers