May 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-In Week of 11/29

How far along are you? 

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise?

How old are your other kids? 

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)-

GTKY:  What piece of entertainment do you wish you could erase from your mind so that you could experience for the first time again?

Re: STM+ Check-In Week of 11/29

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 

18 weeks, 5 days

Green until Mon Dec 4 if baby is in a good position to tell. So excited!!!

DS is 2

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)-

We are on day 3 of potty training. It's been.... Interesting lol

GTKY:  What piece of entertainment do you wish you could erase from your mind so that you could experience for the first time again?

Theres a few really great books I've read that I wouldn't mind having that first experience with again. Outlander comes to mind. 

First time horseback riding would be great too! I'm definitely not an avid rider but I can still recall the first time and it was so neat!!

• Options
    @sandbar517 thanks :)

and wow Outlander was mentioned multiple times. I don’t even know what this book is (do I live in a closet??). Maybe I have to check this out. 
  • Options
    @onesmallcoconut, I LOVE Outlander.  Have you watched any of the series? It's pretty great!

How far along are you? 
    14 weeks 1 day

We'll find out.  I have an appointment on Monday, and I am hoping they will schedule the anatomy scan.

DS is 2.5

DH and I ordered an exercise bike and a treadmill as Christmas presents for each other.  I'm really excited about it!  My weight gain has been crazy because I haven't been feeling great.  My energy level has improved and I've been feeling better, so I am hoping to get more active.

I am with anyone struggling with sleep issues right now.  DS has decided sleeping is no fun.  He gets up several times at night.  The other night he got up at 9:30 and announced he was going to be doing a flip... No son... you're going to bed.

I have several books that I would love to "relive".  :)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @suchaglencoco not sure what the difference. I copied and pasted from another check in. Haha!

I get your question about the beds. I don’t think any of them are “wrong”. I would do whatever is cheapest!  Book of Mormon was amazing. Have you seen Avenue Q?  Equally inappropriate.  
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 I bet the flip would have been amazing! I don't know why but that cracked me up! 

@Ceridwen77  congrats on the binky! Hopefully potty training goes smoothly as well! 

@suchaglencoco @sandbar517 I mean whatever you do I'm sure will work out, but if it was me I'd probably just turn one of the toddler beds back to a crib for new baby. (Or leave one crib for new baby) and do two toddler beds. @sandbar517 would two twin size beds be feasible? You could easily push them together if they want to be closer but then also move them apart when they are ready for more space. Or just keep them near each other and they could probably crawl into the same one if they want to snuggle. Just a thought, take it or leave it!

How far along are you? 14 and 6 days

Boy/Girl Team Green/Surprise: TBA

How old are your other kids? 2.5

Rants/Raves/Questions? It's just been a tough week for a lot of reasons. But my kid has been awesome and so sweet. Also I let him pick out a new Christmas decoration. It's a snowman from Target that sings Let It Snow and dances and spins around. It's a rave because he likes to do the dance with the snowman and it's cute. But it's a rant because I have to hear this song over and over. 

GTKY: everyone has way better answers than me. I really like the question I just can't think of much. But I'm sure there is something that'll come to mind about 3:30 when I get up to pee! (Sorry I've just had a crappy day and think my brain is on overload to think of a better answer) 
  • Options
    @theletlers we have that same snowman. DS picked it out last year. He also imitates the dance it does and it’s hilarious, but I’m so tired of the song. It stays in his room so at least we can have a break for it while he does it over. And over.  And over. 
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130, GOTCHA! That makes sense.
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 yes! I'm loving the show. They cast it so well. 

@mileswithmyles thank you lol I need all the luck I can get. 
  • Options
    Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited November 2017
    @mileswithmyles looking forward to when my DD can enjoy the HP books. She was gifted a picture book version of Sorcerer’s Stone before she was even born!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 14w

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? We find out at the A/S on January 9th!

How old are your other kids? DD is 14m

We finally got through Leap 8 which has been a doozy. Now we have two molars coming in. It feels like there is always something going on. I think we are days away from walking though!

I feel like I am waiting to find out the sex of the baby to do so much planning. We're basically set if we have a girl and if we are having a boy then I need to find someone/somewhere to donate DD's clothes to. I want them out of my garage if we don't need them.

This is a good one, there are so many! I would say seeing Titanic in theaters, Rent live and Whitney Houston in concert. These are all moments that I remember vividly and really stick out to me!

• Options
    suchaglencocosuchaglencoco member
    edited November 2017
    @sandbar517, I spoke with my mom last night and she thinks we should just do the 3rd crib that'll convert up to a twin bed. Part of that decision is because her and the inlaws are just going to give us money for Christmas to use for nursery purchases. 

@mileswithmyles,  yup. DH will ask where a book is and I'll point to one of the couches because I'll shove them under real quick, haha.
  • Options
    @suchaglencoco That was our original plan, too, but now with this whole "sleeping on the floor/wanting to sleep together" issue the girls have decided to throw at us, we're trying to decide if it's worth the money to buy a third crib if the girls aren't going to sleep in theirs anyway!  Fun times LOL  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @doraleigh35 you could also look into the second hand stores, we have one near us that will buy used clothes and toys.  I have sold a few things, it's nice to get a few bucks back. 
  • Options
    @sandbar517, I actually said a week or two ago that I am extremely surprised neither twin has climbed in with the other. Mostly that DD hasn't climbed in with DS because she is the cuddler of the two.
  • Options
    @sandbar517 thanks for the description! I actually enjoy sci-fi books but not romance. So I’m not sure if this would be up my alley, but I’m willing to give it a shot!!
  • Options
    How far along are you?  18 weeks 2 days

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? Will find out at the AS, but hoping for a girl so we don't have to come up with a boy name

How old are your other kids? 19 months

GTKY:  What piece of entertainment do you wish you could erase from your mind so that you could experience for the first time again? I like most things that have been mentioned, but mine would be seeing the Broadway musical of Beauty and the Beast.  Seeing it in theaters last year came close, but not quite.  For the past 9 months I sing "How Can a Moment Last Forever?" to my Viking every morning.
    Jana Lynn
     Happily married since 5/24/2015  Momma of a baby Viking since 4/16, expecting #2 in 5/18
  • Options
    @ceridwen77 It does focus a lot on the romance, but there is so much other historical stuff going on that makes it interesting to a wider group of people.  MH watched most of the first season of the show with me and enjoyed it, and my FIL watched it as well.  Not sure if he still does, but he said he enjoyed what he did watch. 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    My sister and Mom are obsessed with outlander. It doesn’t do anything for me.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    17w today
    Girl
    Son is 2
    Rants - I hate not having cravings.  I dread deciding what to eat at meal time.  Also, my son keeps kicking, being rough, pushing on my belly and it makes me nervous.
    Raves - I started feeling some movement, yay!
    Harry Potter for sure!!! (Books)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    heelsideheroheelsidehero member
    edited December 2017
    @Ceridwen77 - congrats on getting rid of the paci!  Any tips?  My son is SO attached.
    Also, had no idea about the HP picture book!  Will be googling now!

ETA - I googled and only found the illustrated version.  is that what you are talking about or is there a younger version that is mostly pictures and not the full story?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @heelsidehero we’re on day 8 without the paci and she’s still asking for it. It sucks. I kind of wish I didn’t take it away but feel like it would be dumb to go back now.
  • Options
    @Ceridwen77 - congrats on getting rid of the paci!  Any tips?  My son is SO attached.
    Also, had no idea about the HP picture book!  Will be googling now!

ETA - I googled and only found the illustrated version.  is that what you are talking about or is there a younger version that is mostly pictures and not the full story?
    For the binky - we told her that the binky fairy was coming to take all her binkies to babies. She is a big girl and doesn’t need them but babies do. The fairy left her a small gift. She understood the concept, helped gather the binkies, and was fairly ok with it until nap time came. She was just crankier than usual and took longer to go to sleep. She still napped well. Same thing at bed time - just longer to get to sleep and not as pleasant. She asked about the binky every day for almost a week and we’d always remind her that babies can’t walk or talk or eat food so they need binkies. She would accept it and move on. We did this over a long weekend that we were home with her. I sent her to daycare on day 6 and she napped fine. Cold turkey is the way to go IMO. 

Sorry it is just an illustrated version of SS, not a picture book. 
  • Options
    @Pearlvirus and @Ceridwen77 thanks for the advice.  Sometimes he goes to sleep without it at school, but not at home.  When he wakes in the night it puts him back to sleep so I am nervous what will happen in the night - he is such a good sleeper with it.  We are switching to the toddler bed soon and I think we'll get used to that first, but I hope to get rid of it soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    18w3d

Surprise I guess?

19 months

J started kicking my stomach as hard as he could when I told him to be gentle with the baby. This is going to be a hard transition for him I think...

Probably Dexter...

There’s so much going on in this thread and I haven’t had any real time to read everything til just now. I’m a little overwhelmed so I’m just going to start fresh with next week’s tomorrow...
  • Options
    ivyvines6 said:
    How far along are you? 
    18w3d

Surprise I guess?

19 months

J started kicking my stomach as hard as he could when I told him to be gentle with the baby. This is going to be a hard transition for him I think...

Probably Dexter...

There’s so much going on in this thread and I haven’t had any real time to read everything til just now. I’m a little overwhelmed so I’m just going to start fresh with next week’s tomorrow...

Thats how I feel most weeks. I typically don't have time at the beginning of the week and it takes me forever to catch up!  Most times I just have to let things go and respond to the most recent comments. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 loved Dexter...but was so incredibly disappointed by the series finale. So bad!!!