June 2018 Moms

Tuesday Twins (+) Check In (week of 11/28)

Hi guys, I thought I'd try this discussion again since it looked like some more multiple moms may have joined us in the last week or two!

1. How far along are you, and what is your due date

2. How many multiples are you expecting? 

3. Any recent or upcoming appointments

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc

5. Any multiples resources you've found and want to share?

6.  Any current cravings or aversions?

7. Anything else you want to share this week, or questions, concerns, etc.?

GTKY: What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch and why
?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Tuesday Twins (+) Check In (week of 11/28)

• 1. How far along are you, and what is your due date? 10+3 - June 23

2. How many multiples are you expecting? Just 2

3. Any recent or upcoming appointments? Have glucose, blood work for free cell dna and nuchal US coming up next week.

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc? I've felt worse in the past couple of weeks than I've felt this entire pregnancy. I haven't really been able  to eat after 6 pm in awhile! 

5. Any multiples resources you've found and want to share? I'm repeating myself, but I've really enjoyed the twins section on Lucie's List. 

6.  Any current cravings or aversions? All I want is hot fudge sundaes and hot chocolate - which is totally weird for me.

7. Anything else you want to share this week, or questions, concerns, etc.? Not right now - I hope there really are others out there, so I'm not just talking to myself. :) 

? I can't watch sad stuff. I'll never watch movies like Saving Private Ryan or shows like This Is Us. I'm pretty emotional generally and these pregnancy hormones are really exacerbating it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey!!!! Woooo twins. (Holy shit I’m terrified).

1. How far along are you, and what is your due date
    ? 12 weeks today! June 12

2. How many multiples are you expecting? 
    Two!

3. Any recent or upcoming appointments? Had nuchal US last week and both look great! Next appointment is in two weeks. 

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc? My biggest symptom has been dizziness/lightheadedness with standing. The nausea is the worst. I vomited on Saturday in a Big Lots parking lot. Just living my best life, ha! 

5. Any multiples resources you've found and want to share?  A book recommended to me that I’ve found helpful is “when you’re expecting twins, triplets or quads” by Dr Barbara Luke and a few other authors. The nutritional information in there, especially regarding increasing protein intake, has been really informative! 

6.  Any current cravings or aversions? I want ALL THE MILK. 

7. Anything else you want to share this week, or questions, concerns, etc.? I can’t think of much! I’m excited to meet other twins mamas. 

? I don’t do scary stuff. I’m such a wimp - even scenes with cruella de vil in 101 Dalmatians scare the crap out of me haha. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kdm211 Yay another multiples mom!! :) Thanks for the book rec, I'll definitely check it out. Interesting about protein because I have not been able to eat meat for a few weeks - totally grosses me out. I have been craving milk though - just in the form of hot chocolate and hot fudge sundaes! Lol!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 vegetarian singleton jumping in to say hi and also if you want to add more protein but are struggling with meat (I'm struggling even with meat substitutes that sort of smell meat-like), try peas, quinoa, broccoli and goji berries (also obv dairy, but assume you're already doing what you can there). I'm also currently trying to find a protein powder I like that I can add to smoothies (I hate the taste of stevia or fake sugars, and it's apparently really hard to find one without that lol). 
  • Thanks @doxiemoxie212! I'm actually going to start turning to smoothies for dinner now. I haven't been able to eat at all in the evening and I'm hoping they'll help. I didn't even think of adding protein powder!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 yeah, add some greek yogurt and some protein powder and you've got yourself a solid protein-packed meal lol. You could even add some flax seeds or hemp hearts for added omega/protein boosts! 
  • Y’all are probably much more aware of the twin stuff but I just saw an ad on Instagram for a Halo bassinet for twins. Just in case you weren’t familiar with it. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18