January 2018 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker: 11/28

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week/last?

4) How are baby preparations going?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: When do you normally start your holiday preparations? What are your favorite traditions? Are you changing the plan this year?

Re: Tuesday Ticker: 11/28

• Options

35 weeks! Liza is the size of a coconut or a pineapple!

2) How are you feeling?
    Honestly, miserable most of the time. I have good days and bad days, but just starting to get aches and pains and some Braxton hicks. My back felt like someone was breaking it last night.

Yep, going every week now. Had an appointment last Wednesday and I have another one this Friday. I have to do my Group B Strep test this week....not looking forward to that!

Everything is going good! Nursery is ready. Just need to pack my bag and install the car seat!

I've developed the worst cold and it just really stinks that you can't take anything for it. Wish I was downing some Dayquil right now...

6) GTKY: When do you normally start your holiday preparations? What are your favorite traditions? Are you changing the plan this year?
    Typically my tree would be up the day after Thanksgiving, but that hasn't happened yet! I also usually host a Christmas dinner for my family, but I doubt that will be happening this year either.

• Options

I'm on the right ticker this week now, lol 

33 weeks. Baby is the size of a ferret/pineapple. 

2) How are you feeling?

Acid reflux is just incurable I think :cry: I'm on zantac and still woke up last night with acid coming up several times. And I peed like 3 times. I think sleep is now a distant memory  :|

Thursday, just the usual I'm sure. Not looking forward to my OB's obsession with me taking my belly ring out *eye roll*

We finally got a crib and put it in the new house. Baby shower is Friday, hopefully that covers most of what we'll need at first.

My husband just is not on board with breastfeeding. Any mommas here have luck doing/saying something that changed their husband's mind? I keep saying it's what best and that baby will have less diapers, SIDS is reduced, God has intended it this way. He just thinks it's "gross." I told him the milk is coming in now for a reason...and it's not for him!

We usually are with family, so no personal traditions until baby is born probably haha. I start getting my holiday gifting together after Thanksgiving.

Pregnancy TickerFor this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him. Samuel 1:27 KJV
    DS born 1.25.18 (my rainbow) | Baby Girl Due 7.25.19

• Loading the player...
  • Options

31 weeks, she is the size of asparagus.

2) How are you feeling?

Very pregnant.  Insomnia, heartburn, pain in my hips from sleeping on my side.  This baby is constantly moving and her kicks and jabs hurt!!

I had an appointment this morning, as I had to get a note and my medical records to fly tomorrow (last business trip before maternity leave!!)

Stalled for now.  I have a mound of clean baby clothes that I need to fold.  My mom will be painting the nursery when she comes into town in a couple weeks.  I should probably pull out the infant car seat and adjust it back to newborn positions and pack a hospital bag (just so I can check it off the list).  I also need to stock up on some postpartum supplies (pads, tucks wipes, etc. so I'm ready to go when I get home from the hospital).

I am so over work and being pregnant in general.  I know how lucky I am to experience this, and having lost a baby and having so many friends who have lost babies or struggled to get pregnant leaves me feeling bad that I feel this way.  Also, out of nowhere my husband said maybe we would try for a third kid!?! Seriously, I thought we were done, haha.  I can't even think about being pregnant again at this point.

Usually the day after Thanksgiving.  I actually put the tree up the day before this year.  DD is obsessed with it (she says hi and bye to it everyday, so cute!).  It was pretty warm for Chicago this weekend, so we got all the outside lights put up too! I love Christmas, so it makes me so happy to have the house looking festive.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @jasonsgirl92 I subscribe to the school of thought "my body, my choice" haha.  I was lucky that my husband was so supportive of whatever I was comfortable with.  I tried BF with my first, it was not pleasant so I switched her to formula pretty quickly.  Is is possible your DH feels like he might be left out if you BF? Just trying to think of why he would have a strong conviction one way or another.  I'd just have an open, honest conversation about it.  At the end of the day, fed is best and it's not worth stressing out one way or another!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @jasonsgirl92 (lurking..) I’m a formula feeder from the start with all my kids. It just wasn’t my thing, BUT let me tell you how freaking EXPENSIVE  formula is. Maybe figure out how much formula is going to cost you per month and share those numbers wth your hubby. Maybe when he sees hows much you are going to save, he might be willing to get on board. 
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• Options
    @jshannon83 I think it just disturbs him because in American culture the boob is a sex object. He was raised in a very old school home and he was probably fed PET milk/evaporated milk and caro like everyone else back then  :'( I'm hoping after we talk about it for real (we've had small conversations here and there, but I like to avoid conflict so I usually yield and give up) he will see even though he may feel it is "gross" now, he will be happy when his baby isn't an overweight teen, doesn't use as many diapers, and, at least appearing to him, sleeps through the night. I'm hoping setting a time frame will put his mind at ease now as well and later on if baby isn't ready for weaning it will be much easier to keep breastfeeding.

@PhillymommaX2 Thank you for coming out of the shadows to give some advice :) I will use this also in our discussion. He needs a day off so he's in a good mood when I come at him with boob literature lol
    Pregnancy TickerFor this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him. Samuel 1:27 KJV

• Options
    @jasonsgirl92 I wish I had a little bit of your hubby in my DH.  DH was the third child and is almost ten years younger then his siblings. My MIL was not about BF again and put him on formula right away.  PLEASE REMEBER THIS WAS IN THE 70’s...WE ARE OLD!!! Turns out the formula he was on ended up being recalled for a number of reasons and it really messed up his growth and development.  DH is on a total BF kick with our LO.  The world health organization recommends that baby be BF for at least two years.  I don’t know that I am not on that plan but...I am going to give it the good ole college try.  I agree with @jshannon83 you totally need to do what is right for you and your LO...if BF is what you want...rock it!  He should be accepting of your wishes.  

We are 33 weeks and baby is the size of a small chihuahua!

2) How are you feeling?

I am getting tired again....back is a little achy...eating small snacks cause eating too much feels HORRIBLE!  But other then that...feeling ok!

32 week growth scan and check up last week...looks like we are doing ok.  Knock on something please!

After the shocking realization that we could have a baby by Christmas (LOL) things are moving forward.  I have just about everything we need.  Going to move furniture out of the nursery this weekend and then putting everything together will be up to DH.  We decided not to paint or do anything drastic because we are planning on moving in a few months...cross our fingers.  I’d rather plan a nursery in the new place then waste time, energy and money here.  Almost done packing my hospital bag...have to get the car seat installed...other then that...i’m Feeling ok about things!

Nothing right now...

Usually I am in high holiday spirts right now but I think this year things will be more quiet.  Almost done with Christmas shopping and hoping to get gifts shipped out to family next weekend.  Cards are my job this weekend.  My absolute favorite tradition is making Christmas cookies but I may cut back on those as well...thanksgiving kicked my butt!  We will see how I feel in the next few weeks.  Christmas tree is up...house is decorated...we are definitely scaling back on the lights on the house.  Usually I’m up on the ladder but this year I’m thinking maybe not!  Still going to make DH put up my Snoopy decorations on the porch...no ladder required!  Also not putting on a big Christmas dinner for friends on Christmas Day.  Super quiet chill day, just hubby and me, a ham and appetizers!  

• Options
    @bbeaman We must have the same due date :) 
    I am not wanting to breastfeed to two years old...that seems a little excessive to me. Also the WHO is probably advocating that because most of the world probably needs to breastfeed their children for that long because supplemental infant cereal and food is not readily available like here in America. I was thinking like 6 months ^_^

• Options
    @jasonsgirl92 lurking over here, but wanted to throw in my two cents. MH has always been okay with me bc it is cheaper, but was very against the idea of me bfing for longer than a year. He thought it was "weird" to have a toddler bf. We took a birthing class together, and the nurse teaching the class mentioned all the benefits of bfing for at least two years. After that he was okay with the idea of me bfing baby longer and actually quite a bit of the other opinions I had on birthing baby. Sometimes men are stubborn, won't listen to their wives and need a third party expert to tell them things lol.