July 2018 Moms
Options

Intro!

Hi all! I’m new here! Just found out last week and am so excited to be on this journey :)

I’ve been having horrible morning sickness already. I KNOW this sounds super weird, but I’ve read that rubbing raw, shredded potato on my belly will help. Has anyone ever tried this? 

Re: Intro!

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Hey Mama Nicole! Welcome! Feel free to post this in the Intro thread, as that's where we all go to welcome newcomers, and read the Read This! thread to get a feel for the board and how things work. Glad you're here, and no, I actually haven't heard that rubbing potato will help, though I'm willing to try almost anything at this point. :) I did buy some essential oils to rub on, though. 

ETF spelling 'cuse words are hard rn.
  • Options
    Hi! Lurker here! No EOS in the first tri! 

But, in a few weeks try garlic, rosemary, clove or sage to really compliment the potato
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, I love EOs. I’ve heard about the rosemary, so thanks for the heads up, Sydvicious!

I didn’t realize there was board organization. Oopsie! My other BMBs were pretty great and laid back, so I didn’t even think about keeping it all neat and tidy. 
  • Options
    Lurking from Jan 2018, from searching the word potato....

I've heard they help with stretch marks too. Any thought or science behind this that you know of? 
    TTC since 1/2013 on our own 
     HSG-2/2014 Rt ovary not visible and/or blocked 
     IF diagnosis 6/2014 
     DH on Clomid for low T 
     First cycle-clomid/ovidrel and TI 8/2015-BFN 8/31 
     Second cycle-clomid/ovidrel IUI 9/2015-
    BFP on 9/25/15 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I used a raw potato salve for stretch marks with DD and it worked wonders, definitely try it!  No suggestions on MS though, it's so rough.  
  • Options
    Hollywoodave- it totally works! I used it with all of my pregnancies. NO stretch marks. Or starch masks. None. Science!
  • Options
    Maybe pair it with butter? Oils are smoothing. Or fried potato in coconut oil?
  • Options
    Coconut oil? That should work. 
  • Options
    @Sydvicious08 I'm good, I've done the research. On more than Google. Thanks though!
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 what type of potato? Also, genetics you say?! Nonsense. 
     IF diagnosis 6/2014 
     DH on Clomid for low T 
  • Options
    Hey GrayParty! When are you due? Glad to hear it might not be genetic! My mom didn’t get any with any of her pregananancies. 
  • Options
    Sydvicious08Sydvicious08 member
    edited November 2017
    @christycalifornia Did I ever mention google? EOS are.not safe in first tri. Robert Tisserand and many researchers back me up on that. Not from google but from years of use and multiple pregnancies. But you do you, boo

Edit for spelling
  • Options
    What you do is you juice the potato and use just the juice. That's probably why some of you didn't see results. You don't use the actual potato
    Married July 2014
    DD born June 2016
    Second due August 2020 (team green!)
  • Options
    Goodness, i wish genetics. I am covered and my mom and grandma got none
  • Options
    @samsonator- dang! Genius! It seems like that would save so much time. Just keep a pitcher in the fridge. Plus it’ll be cold and soothing. Ahhh!
  • Options
    @christycalifornia so they are trying to sell potatoes? You feel the pototo companies are spreading this stretch mark rumor for increased sales? Interesting marketing for potato companies. 
    Married July 2014
    DD born June 2016
    Second due August 2020 (team green!)
  • Options
    @christycalifornia- crazy! I got them during puberty, but none during my previous three pregnancies. Interesting!
  • Options
    @GrayParty- NO WAY! We’re EDD buddies! I need to lurk around June too. 
  • Options
    Thank God my boobs are phenomenal then, no worries about stretchies here!!!! Holla!!!!
  • Options
    @Sydvicious08 I mentioned google so you wouldn't second guess me, not because I was second guessing you. I know there are studies that support what you're saying. I've read them. There are others that don't. Again, thanks, I know that info would be helpful to some. I research the crap out of everything and am very comfortable with my choices for this pregnancy and what my body needs, especially in that this isn't my first time around. I wan't trying to be a jerk, and normally wouldn't even respond because I know it's gonna sound snarky regardless of intent, but I think it's just as valuable for people to know not everything people are afraid of in pregnancy are actually always dangerous. 
  • Options
    @samsonator trying to be snarky or just coming off as rude and yes 90% of the products said to prevent stretch have been proven to not prevent them
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @GrayParty and @MamaNicoleof3 please add your intros to the intro thread too so they dont get lost and add your info to the spreadsheet thread too. 

also @MamaNicoleof3 yes there is some order and organization here but its for the benefit of the board its not a big deal I promise

• Options
    Over here trying to determine if I should shred or juice my potatoes....now I'm wondering they aren't organic! Is this a requirement?
     IF diagnosis 6/2014 
     DH on Clomid for low T 
  • Options
    Idk, I don't get why people are so uptight about board organization.  You like it organized?  Then post in your cookie cutter threads and just scroll past what you don't want to see.  Nbd.  
  • Options
    Always organic. You cant go wrong with organic and non gmo products 
  • Options
    @hollywoodave531- organic is always best. And if you can add some cannabis oil to it, you’ll have the most beautiful baby EVER!!
  • Options
    and yes Genetics can and will play a part just like in all cases it isnt 100% what has been shown is your body is either prone to them or not there is no prevention and no studies proving that they can be but if you ask any dermotologist they will concur yes you will get them or you wont based on your body and genetic make up 

• Options
    What is EOS? Also, my mother got TERRIBLE stretch marks and so did I...  I also used palmers, coconut butter, and a sh*t ton of other thing women swear by. Haven’t tried the potato though. Do you think French fries will work?
  • Options
    @paytonpedro- fries will work, as long as they’re organic and fried in pure corn oil. The cornier, the better. 

Also, EOs are essential oils. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro Essential Oils :) and yes many are safe to use during early first tri especially externally. 

and i definitely think we should try the french fries ! 

• Options
    Ooooo corn oil? Corny stuff is everywhere...
  • Options
    beep126beep126 member
    edited November 2017
    Ugh. French FrieS are a a huge MS trigger. I'll try sweet potatoes and report back
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited November 2017
    Pregnancy brain. I knew that. Haha. I’ve been using eucalyptus and lemon like they’re going out of style. Externally of course. 

Edit to add- good! I’ve been craving French fries!
  • Options
    @GrayParty- ick. I’m sorry! I hope the sweet potatoes work. 
  • Options
    Does brand of french fry matter?  Crinkle cut vs shoelace?  Or is it really the potato in them that matters?  I only ever used raw potatos as a salve....
  • Options
    @toterflyfe- actually, the best ones to use are tots.