July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments (11/27)

2»

Re: Weekly Appointments (11/27)

• Options
    @pregnant_and_paleo Echoing everyone else, my RE’s practice encourages all to get flu shot regardless of timing in pregnancy or treatment cycle.   I got mine.  I’m 6w3d and have a cold instead.  Can’t take anything.  Can’t imagine having the flu and not being able to take anything!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    On a separate note, I had my first sono yesterday and 6w2d with my RE.  Measured right on target and heard a heartbeat!  And saw it pulsing, which was so incredible! I hadn’t expected so much - thought we’d just see my uterus and lining and maybe a little blur.  First OB is 12/7, so I’m just clinging to these little moments from yesterday until then!
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    edited November 2017
    @cocopuff2018 I was reading about cold medicines that can be taken during pregnancy and my understanding was that robitussin and mucinex were ok as long as there is no nasal decongestant (i.e. pseudoephedrine and phenylephrine). If your nose is stuffed up you're SOL on the good drugs and can only use saline nasal sprays. However those decongestants have been drying me up too much anyway the past few years so I have only been using the saline nasal sprays.

Of course nothing is 100% safe and always talk to your doctor first but this is what I was reading:

https://www.babycenter.com/0_safe-medications-during-pregnancy_1486462.bc

Edit: words
  • Options
    Got my bloodwork results back this morning. HCG count is now 3498. She said it is within normal range but they want me to come in for an ultrasound today to check viability and things. I dont know what they will see since I am only 6w +1 but I am hoping everything is ok. A bit more nervous now though. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    I had my prenatal coordinator visits yesterday, found my family medicine doctor, labs, and an attempted bedside ultrasound (nothing seen but she said that's totally normal, and a couple of days makes a huge difference) Dating ultrasound is next week, and the provider appointment is on 01-05-18!
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Options
    Ladies so I have my first ultrasound today... my doctors office is weird I can’t actually call them I have to call a call center and leave a message with them and then the drs office will call back. It’s a mess and I know you guys will have a faster response.... to prepare for the ultrasound I am supposed to drink 32 ounces of water an hour before my appointment. Is that be DONE drinking the water an hour before or START drinking the water an hour before? Going an hour without peeing seems impossible....  thanks for any help! 
  • Options
    busymommy23busymommy23 member
    edited November 2017
    @pregnant_and_paleo I am having my first ultrasound today as well and I havr to start drinking an hour before my appt. So I am guessing that youll need to start an hour before and be done just in timr for your appt. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • Options
    Okay great!! Thanks!
  • Options
    Weird, they've made me empty my bladder for each ultrasound so far.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse I think for transvaginal u/s they have you empty your bladder.  But for abdominal u/s they want a full bladder.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @busymommy23 I hope everything looks great at your u/s today!  Let us know how it goes!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @Sarafuss
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • Options
    Sarafuss said:
    @bdesterhouse I think for transvaginal u/s they have you empty your bladder.  But for abdominal u/s they want a full bladder.
    This is correct.  And at this point, it will be tough for them to see anything so that full bladder is probably really important.  Best of luck ladies!!  I hope to see some cute little bean pictures later.  

@busymommy23 good luck with your ultrasound.  I am sure they just want to make sure things are looking ok. I hope you get to see baby and it will give you some peace of mind.  
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    Just left first appointment. Not very eventful. Just took a TON of blood. Scheduled my first ultrasound for Saturday the 16th and my next appointment on the 27th. Should be about 7w 6d by my calculation at the ultrasound :)
  • Options
    @nimmle I just had a cold and honestly it was the hardest thing to go buy medicines. All the stores seemed to have was extra strength stuff. Very frustrating. I took regular Tylenol for 1.5 days and it kind of helped but I didn't take anything for my congestion. I couldn't even find Robitussin DM. So ridiculous. I felt like death for 2 days! Much better now.

I have never had a flu shot and I don't plan to get one. I work from home so I'm not exposed to other people's sicknesses as much, lol. Everyone I know who got he flu shot always ends up getting sick. I know it works well for some people, but I'll take my chances.
  • Options
    @kissableviv man I hate when they don't carry anything other than extra strength everything. I know that those versions probably sell the best but it makes it hard when you're KU. I'm glad you feel better. I think it's easier to justify not getting a flu shot when you work from home and aren't as exposed (especially if you disinfect hubby when he comes home :p ). I work in a big office building in NYC so between my office and public transportation I'd rather be safe than sorry. I have never gotten sick from a flu shot so I just keep getting them each year.
  • Options
    @kissableviv I worked in the restaurant industry for over a decade and was constantly exposed to a variety of people and their dirty dishes and napkins.... I haven’t had the flu in as long as I can remember (colds I get sometimes though) and have never been vaccinated. Now I’m self employed and rarely see clients face to face so my chances of exposure are low.... but I go to the grocery store a couple times a week, and the gym and yoga class.... I’m nervous I’ll catch something and just be miserable... it’s a tough call...I talked to my doctor and her response was “yes you need a flu shot”....I don’t know what I’ll decide to do...
  • Options
    @nimmle Thanks!  I think Mucinex is amazing but I’ve been avoiding it and everything else.  i appreciate your feedback and the article.
  • Options
    Haven’t made an appt yet! Ugh I’ve just been so busy and if I’m not busy I’m completely exhausted !!! Making one tomorrow !  

Also, no flu shot for me while pregnant, not with this one or my last one ! I get it it’s recommeneded and what not but I just feel better I’m not adding any unneeded stuff into my body during that time. I say don’t feel pressured into doing it if you’re not sure, just practice good hygiene and hand washing ! And take your prenatal! 
  • Options
    My first appointment is tomorrow (Friday). I hope I get an US. Squee! Cannot wait.
  • Options
    @nimmle yes the hubby actually got me sick. He wanted to sleep in the other room but thinking I was still my old immune to everything self I laughed and said no. Should have known better! At least this was the first really bad cold in years so I'll just see it as an immune system reboot, lol! Got to see the baby once I got better and thankfully everything was fine :) totally understand that the flu shot is absolutely valuable for the circumstances you described!
  • Options
    Going in for blood work today to see how far along I am . Then hopefully schedule an ultrasound 
  • Options
    @rosettesandstripes I really wouldn’t look at the flu shot as adding something unnecessary into your body.  For you and others skipping the shot, I urge you to reconsider.  Getting the flu during pregnancy can be extremely dangerous.
    https://www.marchofdimes.org/complications/influenza-and-pregnancy.aspx  “If you get the flu during pregnancy, you’re more likely than other adults to have serious complications”.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @nimmle wow! Awesome betas! You're definitely pregnant!! 
  • Options
    Had my "first" boring initial prenatal visit. Pee in a cup and ask questions visit, no Doppler  :'(
    But I go back in 2 weeks and got to schedule my NT scan! 
  • Options
    @acunamatada NICE! When is your NT scan scheduled?
  • Options
    @nimmle Dec 21st! I'm so happy they got it in before Christmas! 
  • Options
    @acunamatada so exciting! Will be great to have your mind at ease before the holidays. perfect timing.
  • Options
    Today! Period put me right at 6 weeks. US at 5 weeks 2 days. I’m a previous loss Mom so trying not to freak out. The dates makes sense to me since when I took a test when I thought it would show positive and it didn’t but 4-5 days later it did. 

Did show small hematoma- I haven’t bleed yet- I wonder if everyone who has one will bleed or if it can just go away with no bleeding.

guess I’ll be heading to August at some point. 
  • Options
    @elizabethrn87 This was me today. By my lmp I should be 6w5d. At my us this morning, they only saw a yolk sac. So, are thinking I'm closer to 5w and ovulated late. My Dr said it was nothing to worry about, but I'm still freaking out. My next appointment is not till 1/5.
  • Options
    Finally had my first appointment today. It went well, they were able to confirm a strong heartbeat but I'm measuring a few days behind my LMP date. I was disappointed that they can't print pictures from the ultrasound machine at the doctor's office but happy that they think everything looks good. Next is the NT scan in 4ish weeks, it will be at a state of the art ultrasound place where they give you tons of pictures and have amazing equipment.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @coco2787 - not sure where you’re stand point is with flu shots I’m confused. You’re telling me to consider getting it but then telling me it’s dangerous .

i don’t believe in putting chemicals unnecessarily into my body especially while growing and developing a human being . They say it’s safe but honestly I’d rather just not lol
  • Options
    @rosettesandstripes I read it that way at first too but she means the actual FLU is dangerous while pregnant. 
  • Options
    @rosettesandstripes yeah the flu, not the shot. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    How long does it take for them to get back to you about a blood draw to determine how far along you are 
  • Options
    @rosettesandstripes it depends on the office. If I do mine in the morning I hear back at the end of the day but I've heard of some women here waiting a day or more, especially over the weekend. 
  • Options
    Gah yeah I’ll probably get a call on Monday