February 2018 Moms

EDD Feb 25- Mar 3 // 27 weeks

1) When are you due?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: What is a favorite movie you like to watch during the holiday season?

Re: EDD Feb 25- Mar 3 // 27 weeks

• alice0218alice0218 member
    edited November 2017
    1) When are you due?
    Feb 25
    2) How are you feeling?
    Eh, medium. Heartburn and all that groin-area soreness but I'm getting pretty used to it.
    3) Any appointments?
    I have a second ultrasound on Wednesday. The umbilical cord is inserted kinda to the side. I forget the medical term. My OB said it's probably not going to cause any problems but they want to keep checking that it's fine.
    Rave: I keep feeling movement which is pretty fun and I got DH to feel it too! Rant: not really baby related, but between the baby and the holidays, I've been so distracted! I have not been as productive as I want to be with work. I need to fix that and get shot done!
    I used to always watch the 1977 Nutcracker with Baryshnikov and Gelsey Kirkland, but it was on VHS and I haven't had a VHS player for the last several years. I guess I don't really have a tradition now. Maybe we'll go see a movie. I want to see that new Christopher Robin movie but I don't think it's playing by me. Maybe it'll be on iTunes by Christmas.
  • alice0218 said:
    1) When are you due?
    Feb 27

2) How are you feeling?
    I really can’t complain. Occasional RLP and minor aches and pains. My sleep has been getting a little restless/inconsistent, which is not fun. In the grand scheme of it all and seeing how difficult lots of women have it, I know I don’t have it too bad. I’m grateful and enjoying it for as long as it lasts. 

3) Any appointments?
    Regular check up on Dec 7 and I have the script for my glucose test burning a hole in my bag. I need to get it scheduled and get it over with! 

Rant: I am so overwhelmed by the baby registry that i just don’t even want to do it. There’s just TOO many options. Everyone has an opinion on what’s the best/worst and I appreciate them but really how can I know til I have this little guy and see how it all works for him/us? 

Rave: Little guy is super active and I’ve been feeling him move since about 15-16 weeks. My husband was able to feel him fairly shortly after that. Our favorite pastime includes us both staring at my belly during his active periods and watching my belly move like crazy. I don’t think anything could’ve prepared me for that experience and it’s been amazing. I’m grateful for my posterior placenta  :D

Were huge Christmas movie people! My all time favorites is The Year Without A Santa Claus. We’ve been enjoying the guilty pleasure of bad Hallmark Christmas movies. Same plot every time and I love it 
     :D 

• Loading the player...
  • 1) When are you due?
    feb 28th

2) How are you feeling?
    Pretty good, getting achy easily lately

3) Any appointments?
    Just had my glucose test last week. Don’t go back for 3 more weeks

Rave: I LOVE the holidays and we finally got to decorate yesterday! My hubby is a manager at best buy so we had to wait till he had a day off through Black Friday madness!

Question: that being said...now that our tree is up..any suggestions on how to keep my almost two year old away lol she keeps taking ornaments and throwing them 

our tradition is to watch the Grinch on Christmas Eve! I also love the polar express <3
  • 1) When are you due?
    Feb 25th

2) How are you feeling?
    I am sore. I can’t wait until my body does not hurt doing nothing. 

3) Any appointments?
    I am currently waiting doing my 3 hour glucose test. I have an ultrasound next week, then a regular appointment the week after. 

I really hope I pass this glucose test, but I have a feeling I won’t. I am already a super picky eater. I do not know what I would eat if I have to follow the gestational diabetes diet. 

Dr. Suess’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas, hands down. The cartoon one, not the Jim Carry one. 

@alice0218, I have a cord insertion abnormality as well. Mine is Velamentous, meaning it is missing the placenta all together and the vessels are traveling unprotected from the cord to the placenta. Yours sounds like it is the marginal cord insertion. I am glad your doctors are keeping an eye on it. 

@RachelR17, when my son was that age, we put all the soft ornaments and toy like ones on the bottom. We went out and bought some teddy bear and other stuffed ornaments for the bottom. We let him take any he could reach off and play with them. It is a tradition he now loves at 5. We decided to just steer into the skid with allowing it and making it fun and it has worked really well for us. 
  • 1) When are you due? Feb 27ths

2) How are you feeling? Aside from having a cold currently--I feel good.  I have only been getting up 2-3 times a night and sleeping well.  I am thankful for each night bc I know it is going to get waaayyy worse in a few weeks!

3) Any appointments? Next week; I have my glucose.  I am nervous!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? My baby monitor that I bought 2 years ago for DS has been discontinued--so I can't buy the second monitor.  I am now on the prowl for a 2 camera system. I am annoyed at how quickly things are discontinued. 

5) GTKY: What is a favorite movie you like to watch during the holiday season? I personally love Elf--but we pretty much watch every Hallmark movie and as many classics as we can between not and Christmas!

@lainikins Good luck with your 3 hour today!

@RachelR17 Last year--DS was 15ish months--I was just super stern about not pulling the ornaments off.  I put important/breakable ornaments higher up.  I think it's up to you if you go the route of touching the tree vs not touching. DS is two now--and we haven't put our tree up--so we will see if the same technique works this year!
  • @magnolia305, thanks. I have one more draw to go. I am starving though and the women on the other side of the waiting room is eating a bag of goldfish. 

@RachelR17, I should add that our tree was tied up so the touching and playing with ornaments was not a risk for the tree falling. 
  • @lainikins @magnolia305 thank you! We have put the breakable ones toward the top/out of reach. We’re trying to be stern about not touching the tree, only because when we visit i friends and family throughout the season i don’t want her to think she can touch ornaments she can reach! Lol it’s going to be a long month 
  • @lainikins how do they monitor that? Just check baby’s size to make sure it’s growing enough? I guess that is the same thing they are doing for me if so. Yes marginally inserted is what they said. The technician didn’t say anything conclusive today, I think our OB has to read the images later, but it was good to see the baby again! I hope your umbilical cord abnormality doesn’t get in the way of your baby’s health! It’s stressful to think of since we can’t really do much if there is anything wrong.
  • @alice0218, yeah they just monitor the size. They have me going in for monthly US right now, but they are going to switch to weekly at some point. I will also be getting weekly NST to monitor the HR and if the baby’s HR is reacting to contractions in a stressful way. I am not sure how it all works yet. They did tell me that they are planning on inducing me before 40 weeks, that might be more due to the fact that I had a very quick labor and delivery with my son and they want me there and monitored for it since it is more risky this time though. Their level of concern really ratchet up when they diagnosed it as velamentous as opposed to marginal at a follow up US, so don’t be concerned if your Drs seem less concerned. It is really hard having zero control about issues like these though. I should also add that when mine was diagnosed as marginal they were not certain and said the best they could tell it was going into the side (not the flat part on top if you think of a pancake). It was very marginal. They might be able to tell much better with yours. I do not want to put any extra worry on you. I know it is hard enough as it is.