April 2018 Moms
Options

TTGP Check In 11/26

Where have all the TTGP ladies been? I feel like so many of you have fallen off the face of TB.

Re: TTGP Check In 11/26

• Options
    kmallskmalls member
    edited November 2017
    Hello! I’m always here :D So glad to see you check in, @kbamomma33, I’ve been wondering where you’re hiding! Congratulations on a healthy girl — though I totally understand the hesitation until the a/s. PGAL brain is brutal. 

Im chugging along at 21+6. Nothing exciting to report, which is a good thing. I’m starting to feel more uncomfortable at the end of the day (my hips are killlling me), though I know it’s only down hill from here so there’s no use complaining. Like kbamomma, I’m partaking in Black Friday/cyber Monday deals right now, though mostly for maternity clothes. Since I know this’ll be my last pregnancy I’m hoping to buy everything I need for winter on super sale. Ain’t no “investing” in expensive maternity clothes going in here :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey! I am around just finding it hard to stay active here. 22+2 and feeling pretty good! We had an a/s and everything looked fine so I was pretty thrilled about that. Still team green with @hedgepig ;) We are working on the nursery and I am trying to line up some classes being a FTM. Simultaneously, preparing for the holiday madness. 
    @kbamomma33 Congrats on a baby girl! 
    @kmalls I know what you mean about it being all downhill. I try not to complain but I certainly have daily aches and pains! Glad you are doing well overall :)
  • Options
    Guess I will update! I'm 20 weeks today and I have my A/S this Thursday! Really looking forward to seeing her again to confirm that everything is looking ok. I'm also really excited to see how much she has changed since her 11 weeks u/s. It feels like it has been forever! Had a wonderful 5 day weekend relaxing. Also got the Christmas tree up this weekend, toured daycares this past Wednesday and went to Buy Buy Baby to complete our registry. I was exhausted by the time we left BBB and I honestly just kind of gave up at the end. So I probably need to still add a few things here and there. I'm also still going back and forth on the daycare situation. They all seem to have pros and cons, there isn't one that jumps out as being "the one". Other then that I just need to get through the next 3.5 weeks until I am taking 2 weeks off for Christmas and my in-laws who are coming into town (they are staying with us for 3 weeks).

@saralee797-2 I get anxious when I hear people are already working on their nursery! All the work I have done is just in my head lol I guess I need to get on that. 

@hedgepig IDK how you resisted the urge to look at the U/S! 

@kmalls I was looking at GAP last night and there was only one shirt I was all that interested in. I did purchase a few things from Blush Maternity though which was 40% off. 

@kbamomma33 Did you get that monitor? What other buys did you score?? 
  • Options
    kmallskmalls member
    edited November 2017
    @JJMNO1616 yeah, I was unimpressed with the maternity selection at Gap, but I did load up on their GapBody maternity tanks. They are heaven. 
  • Options
    mispandamispanda member
    edited November 2017
    @kbamomma33 congrats!  we just found out we are having our second girl too!
    @kmalls I feel the same way about investing in maternity clothes, especially a winter coat.  Although we don't know if we will have more kids the thought of buying expensive things and wearing it for a few months is bothersome but not much fits right now.
    @hedgepig yay for feeling regular movement!
    @saralee797-2 wow way to work on the nursery!  I've been looking at Pinterest pictures but that's about it.
    @JJMNO1616 I spent a lot of time in Buy Buy Baby because I could never make my mind up.  I always play with their products to make sure I'm buying the one I want.  Don't feel bad if you're in there and don't buy anything every time.

Hey ladies!  Everyone got a nasty cold virus in our house along with traveling for Thanksgiving it was hard to stay connected for the past week but hopefully all of that is behind me.  My husband puts a new meaning to man cold.  The guy had to take a nap because he wasn't feeling well.  HELLO I've got the same thing you do, I'm pregnant and chasing a toddler around.  Did I get a nap.  NO.  I found myself easily annoyed.
    I'm doing pretty good so far, I've had some pain in the pelvic region that I'll bring up at my appointment tomorrow.  I try not to complain because I know things are going to get worse but damn has it been bothersome.  

Edit:  because apparently TB likes to do random tagging and cut my sentences off.
  • Options
    jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited November 2017
    @kmalls Is it the pure body maternity tanks that you like? 

ETA- You just convinced me to buy 3 of them LOL I also got an additional 10% cash back for shopping through Upromise (kind of like Ebates)! 3 maternity tanks for $20? Sounds like a deal to me!

• Options
    kmallskmalls member
    edited November 2017
    @JJMNO1616 yup! Super soft and the perfect length. I wear them under everything. They’re good for sleeping, too. $7ish for each is a steal. 

ETA: yay! I’m glad you got them. I’ve got one in each color (multiple in some colors!) and they’re wonderful. I continued wearing them between pregnancies, too. 
  • Options
    @kmalls Ugh- sorry the discomfort is setting in for you. I agree with you that complaining, unfortunately, is a waste at this point. Hopefully you are able to find time to rest and can get in some self care after the LOs are in bed at night!

@hedgepig Were you able to find any good deals on CDs? That's so exciting that you were able to maintain your team green status by not peeking at the u/s!

@saralee797-2 So glad to hear that your a/s went well! What kind of stuff do you have going on for the nursery?

@JJMNO1616 Your a/s is so close! Very exciting! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the long weekend and it sounds like you got a ton accomplished. I did end up getting the new 2 camera monitor and an extra PnP with a changer attachment from the Target sale. DD's PnP (which we still use for her for travel or when I shower) never had the changer attachment and I really wanted one for those first weeks home with this LO. I also got a wall mural from The Land of Nod for the nursery-- big, super scary purchase there! It was over $50 off though, so I couldn't pass it up. We also got a new mural for DD's room. I'll AW them below:

This one is for the new nursery:

And this is the one we got for DD's room:

They are both pretty big and will go over their cribs. I'm excited about them! 
  • Options
    @mispanda Uuuuuuggghhhh the man cold. Whomp whomp whomp. I'm sorry you were sick, but glad that you are feeling a bit better now! How was your appointment today?
  • Options
    We painted the room a cream color and purchased a dresser from Ikea. There is a large closet in that room so the dresser will just live in there. I also bought this rug because I am going for a black and white animal theme given we are team green. https://www.wayfair.com/rugs/pdp/bungalow-rose-brookstead-ivoryblack-area-rug-bnrs7135.html I also purchased some things to make wood shelves but we haven't started working on those yet. I really enjoy decorating so I couldn't wait to dive in.

@kbamomma33 Love those murals!! 
    @mispanda Ugh sorry everyone is sick. It is definitely going around my office and making me nervous! 
    @JJMNO1616 The daycare tour/choice is so hard. I did find that two stood out above the rest and of course they were the most expensive ugh. I never knew childcare was this much!! 
  • Options
    @kbamomma33 Love those! The decals I bought were also really expensive so I really hope I like the way they look in person. My husband doesn’t even know I bought them.  :#
  • Options
    @saralee797-2 There is a $100 per month difference between the two I am considering. The thing is the cheaper center charges an annual registration fee and the other just charges a one time up front fee. The cheaper daycare also offers a $100 “vacation credit” every 6 months but the expensive center gives you one week free a year aftet being there 1 year. So I just have to do the math and figure out how much different the cost really is... the more expensive center is also a little closer to home. So there’s that too. 
  • Options
    @kbamomma33 appointment went well!  I officially can't see the cup while I try and pee in it so that was fun.  I had my first fundal height measurement.  I always measure on the smaller side.
    @saralee797-2 Get some lysol wipes and hand sanitizer!  My doctor told me that being pregnant our immune system is compromised.  So if anyone is going to get sick, we will.
  • Options
    @kbamomma33 I love your new murals, especially the one for the new nursery! I did get some good deals on diapers - I got my whole newborn stash from Green Mountain diapers (fitteds and prefolds with covers), and an assortment of AIOs from Kelly's Closet. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20