July 2018 Moms

Plus Size Mama's Check- In 11/22

1. How has this week gone?
2. Any goals you are setting for yourself for the next month? 
3. Rants/Raves/Questions 
4. How can we support you this week?
April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

Re: Plus Size Mama's Check- In 11/22

• 1. How has this week gone?
    - It's been okay, tired, less ligament stretching which has me internally kind of freaked out, but for the most part doing well. 
    - After Thanksgiving I've set a goal to walk at a steady pace on our tredmil in our basement while catching up on some shows.
    3. Rants/Raves/Questions
    I feel like my big girl clothes are already not fitting. I am worried about how I'm going to drive when I am 8 months pregnant when my stomach already touches the stiring wheel. :( That is why I feel like I need to start walking and hopefully won't gain a ton. 
    - Just being here listening is support enough for me. :) 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    - It has been good, tired and hormonal 
    - To start taking long walks again and get back on my elliptical 
    3. Rants/Raves/Questions 
    - Question about bras. Pre-Pregnancy I wear a size J cup   :|  They are not easy to find and of course expensive. My boobs hurt but not sure they have grown any yet, I'd like to get a couple soft bras for evening, night time. I guess my question is does anyone have any recommendations on where to get extra large bras, any comfortable brands recommended? I know everyone is different but is there a certain amount that they normally grow? I'm not sure what to expect.
    Just any advice you have. This board is great, I have been reading and learning a lot from it already.
  • Loading the player...
    long! We had our first US Monday, we could see baby and doctor said he could see the heart fluttering. I measured a week behind which I shouldn't be shocked about but still worries me. It also seems that once I left that appt all my pregnancy symptoms disappeared, besides the awful exhaustion! So ya know just crazy mom brain over here trying to stay sane until my next ultrasound in two weeks just to make sure baby is growing and my dates were off like we suspect.

I finally have an appetite back which is nice but my goal is to try and eat healthy and gain minimal wait during this pregnancy. My son was 9lbs at birth and his shoulder got stuck so my OB already warned me we would discuss a C-Section depending on how this baby measured toward the end. That thought scares the heck out of me!

3. Rants/Raves/Questions 
    anyone else measure so far behind and it be ok? I believe if I remember correctly my DS measured 5 days behind but we were able to hear his heartbeat at the first spot. I habe no idea if the doc even tried to hear it or not to be honest.

just remind me it will all be ok! There is no cause for concern but I've been going down the rabbit hole since Monday and I don't like it!
  • @kg_tx you have my question about recommendations from last week! The big boobs problems are real. This is your first? Honestly, everyone is so different you really can't know how your body is going to react and kind of just have to pray and ride it out. My first my breasts didn't grow at all while pregnant. After giving birth I went from an E/F to a G/H (mostly H) and it never went back down even after stopping breastfeeding. I cried. A lot. This pregnancy my breasts are growing and extremely sore, and I don't know how much they've grown yet because I haven't gotten measured, but I'm spilling out of my bras. Every pregnancy can be different, so it's really a crap shoot. I'll pray you don't get any bigger! I know this is hard. 
     Good other than nausea. Today the tireds hit me hard. 

Elliptical minimum of 4 times a week 

3. Rants/Raves/Questions 
      Need to pick a new OB. My last one was ok but i wasn’t impressed by the hospital I delivered at. 

• @christycalifornia i knew i had read someone else mention this before but couldn’t remember it all. Thank you, yes it’s my first. Trying not to worry about it but I’m assuming the sore breasts are likely from growing. I guess I’ll just see what happens and buy more as they grow.  :(    

Thanks for the feedback.  :)
  • cocopuff2018cocopuff2018 member
    edited November 2017
    @kg_tx Hi there!  I’m a bra snob (sadly), so I understand the dilemma.  Bare Necessities (barenecessities.com) is a great option. I wear a 36H, which is also so hard to find, and they have good selection.  Pricey, but if you don’t care about colors too much, you can buy sale items for a decent deal.  I wear a lot of Elomi, Fantasie, and Curvy Kate.  BTW, where in TX?  I’m in Abilene.  HTH!
    edited November 2017
    1. How has this week gone?
    Meh.  Yesterday, i missed thanksgiving at my DH’s sister’s house after I made TWO mashed potato dishes (a LOT of peeling and mashing) and mint brownies, because morning sickness hit at 11,right before we were supposed to be there.  For the most part, that is the only real morning sickness experience so far.

Not killing my husband...which I’ve been successful at every week so far.  I did buy a new sports bra so I could start walking again.  Had outgrown my old one from non-pregnancy-related weight gain.  

3. Rants/Raves/Questions
    on a perhaps irrelevant note, I am REALLY getting angry with the recent apple update that wants to autocorrect me every time I use I.  It wants to change it to I️ .  

Just good thoughts.  First sono on Monday, hoping that makes this feel more real.  And that all is ok.

I’m really grateful for this community!
  • @cocopuff2018 I've been to Abeline! Twice! An old friend of mine was going to school there. 
  • It’s where I grew up, stayed for college, ran away from, and moved back for this DH.  :) I spent 12 years in Dallas and 3 in College Station (the best place on earth) and i’d do anything to move back to either place!  Hubs loves this place though and all our family is here.  Which college?  What years? The big city of Abilene has 3 universities, 1 junior college and one technical college!  :). I’m joking - we have all those but people are always amazed at how many universities and churches we have for a 130k people.  I went to ACU but it’s been AWHILE.
  • @cocopuff2018 lol yeah, that town is TINY. I can't say she loved her years being at ACU even thought she liked the college, and I was pretty shocked to see your town's "hill" and "trees" coming from San Francisco, land of 30 degree hills. :) I thought it was beautiful, though. Literally the only place I've been in Texas so far. I'm not 100% on the dates, but I think I visited in 2007 and 2009?
  • @cocopuff2018 Thanks. I have had Elomi before I think, i will look at the others for sure. I found a great price on panache bras last year and bought like 20 of them but it’s time to get some new ones and those are terrible with spilling over. I am in Burleson, it’s just south of Fort Worth. I’ve been to Abilene many times, I have a good friend that lives there now.

Sending good thoughts for your sono on Monday!
    edited November 2017
    @kg_tx I don’t know Ft Worth and those suburbs as well as Dallas and surrounding suburbs.  If you happen to be going into Dallas, The Maddox Shop in Casa Linda (by White Rock) is a wonderful resource.  Loretta’s Intimates in Plano is also excellent.  Worth a trip IMO to get a good measure and fit.  Panache is also great - they have the best sports bras in larger sizes.

Thanks for the good thoughts!
  • @christycalifornia LOL!  Well, that’s way after my time!   ACU is such a tightly knit community- we all know each other or have some common connections. Yes, our landscape is a bit flat, a bit dusty, and a bit dry.  Nothing exotic, but it does possess its own kind of beauty.  Unfortunately, I doubt you got to see much of the more enjoyable parts of town and some of the coolest things in Texas!!