July 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 11/22

1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 8 weeks, a raspberry 

2. How are you feeling? Exhausted. Been getting some killer headaches and nausea. I almost threw up walking through a parking garage yesterday. And still have sore boobs but luckily for my husband the irritability and mood swings seems to have gotten better 

3. Any appointments next week? First ultrasound and appointment on Monday 11/27. I should be 8 weeks 5 days

4. Rants, raves, questions? My MIL is going to drive me crazy. We are going up there for Thanksgiving and she has been driving me nuts.

5. GTKY - What is your favorite part of the Thanksgiving dinner spread? Anyone do anything out of the ordinary?  All the stuffing and mashed potatoes. Also, my husband always makes tart cherry pies at Thanksgiving and they are SOOO good. Really excited about those. 
Meagan
<3 Married 6.12.10 <3
DS 11.8.12
 Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 11/22

• Woohoo it’s my first ticker change! 

1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 5 weeks, an apple seed. 

2. How are you feeling? Overall still feeling pretty normal other than more tired than usual. A bit nervous and anxious to see that everything is going well so far because TW* I just had a loss in July. End TW*

3. Any appointments next week?  I just called my OBs office yesterday and made my first appt! It’s not a full appt, but they’re giving me just an ultrasound at 6.5 weeks to make sure things look ok because of the recent loss. 

4. Rants, raves, questions? Nothing really right now. Other than why am I so crazy that I continue to pee on all the sticks?? 

5. GTKY - What is your favorite part of the Thanksgiving dinner spread? Anyone do anything out of the ordinary?  I love the corn muffins we make, and the turkey itself. But otherwise, I’m a dessert gal, so I just love all the desserts! We do a pretty typical spread, so nothing too crazy. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 8 weeks! - jelly bean according to Pregnant Chicken (which has my favorite descriptions of pregnancy week by week...#sharkbaby)

2. How are you feeling? Okay.  I have been sleeping a ton (DH laughed when Dr. asked last week, "Have you been tired?") and have some food aversions - basically anything I liked at age 8, I like, and nothing else (PB&J and plain pasta with butter forever).  But surprised/worried not to be feeling more nauseous.  Maybe it's still coming? My sister was super sick for her pregnancies, so it seems weird.  But given the good US earlier this week, gotta stay positive.

3. Any appointments next week? No appt until testing in 3 weeks and regular appt in 4 weeks.

4. Rants, raves, questions? Rave - Can't wait to be home for Thanksgiving - whole fam will be there, including nieces and nephew.  So excited to see them!  Rant - One of the little ones has been throwing up all week...I am terrified of getting that....Lots of hand washing in my future.

5. GTKY - What is your favorite part of the Thanksgiving dinner spread? Anyone do anything out of the ordinary?  STUFFING!  Love it.  My family often makes cappelletti in broth, ravioli in homemade sauce, AND all the regular Thanksgiving (or Christmas foods - we alternate holidays), but this year it looks like just typical Thanksgiving foods.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 8 weeks. The size of an iPhone app button.

2. How are you feeling? Meh. The Sea Bands have gotten rid of most of the nausea so I really can't complain too much. I had horrible acid reflux yesterday because I didn't take my probiotic the night before. Won't make that mistake again.

3. Any appointments next week? Not yet!

4. Rants, raves, questions? My symptoms have been so different with this pregnancy. With DD I was throwing up constantly and was nauseous all the time. This time I have been wearing Sea Bands and smelling peppermint oil when I do feel nauseous. I also have been trying to include protein at every meal (saw this recommended online) and it seems to help with my exhaustion as well as possibly the nausea/vertigo. I don't know if this means that my methods are working or if the worst of it is still coming. Last pregnancy, I hit the worst point around 8 weeks then it very slowly got better until stopping around 17 weeks. So we will see how this week goes for me.

5. GTKY - What is your favorite part of the Thanksgiving dinner spread? Anyone do anything out of the ordinary?  I really don't care for Thanksgiving food. My favorite dish is usually the green been casserole, but I have been craving some mashed potatoes and gravy for about a week now which is weird because I don't like potatoes. 
  • 1. How many weeks/how big is baby: 6 weeks, size of a rainbow sprinkle 

2. How are you feeling: relieved since my ultrasound went well! My last pregnancy I had minimal symptoms, hoping for a repeat. A few headaches so far and some intermittentent nausea but that's all. 

3. Appointments: nothing this week, US in two weeks to check the size of the SCH. 

4. Rants/raves/questions: I'm not American but I'm making an extra thanksgiving dinner tomorrow because #preganant

5. Favourite part of thanksgiving: my momma's stuffing! I could just eat tha and gravy and be totally happy
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 
    8 weeks, a lego brick, a wild strawberry, a Denise's pygmy sea horse. 

2. How are you feeling? Not bad, now. Got over the stomach bug and it's amazing how much better pregnancy feels when your bowels are on your side.  

3. Any appointments next week? Nope, just had my 8 week on Monday, and baby is looking good!

4. Rants, raves, questions? Nope. I just want to sleep all the time, but there's too much to do.

5. GTKY - What is your favorite part of the Thanksgiving dinner spread? Anyone do anything out of the ordinary? I don't know. I love the food, but I love the people around more. When we host we usually don't do the traditional turkey - we've done brasciole, ribs, fish, lots of things - but we're doing turkey this year. I love my sister's pumpkin cheesecake, and I love a freshly made cranberry sauce on dark meat, and Alton Brown's green bean casserole. So yum!
  • 1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 5 weeks, an apple seed 

2. How are you feeling? My exhaustion has gone away for the most part, and my voracious appetite has gotten a little better. Still a lot of breast tenderness though. 

3. Any appointments next week? First ultrasound and appointment on Monday 11/27 at 5 weeks 5 days! I'm terrified that something will be wrong but also so excited. My H won't be able to come, so I'm debating getting my mom to come with me (although I'm not 100% sure I want her to have to witness a transvaginal ultrasound haha). I'm just glad I have the holidays to distract me in the meantime. 

4. Rants, raves, questions? @pumpkinpancake I'm also insane and still peeing on sticks for reassurance. I'm trying to balance wanting to nest with being cautious since I'm so early in my pregnancy. I've settled for doing things around the house that I've been meaning to do for ages like hanging up a bunch of artwork, cleaning out some closets, etc. I absolutely hate having to temper my excitement with caution, but I feel like I should just in case. 

5. GTKY - What is your favorite part of the Thanksgiving dinner spread? Anyone do anything out of the ordinary?  Southern cornbread dressing. Also, and don't flame me for this....our family's homemade fruitcake. My grandmother made fruitcake from scratch with local pecans and homemade fig preserves from her trees. My mom has continued the fruitcake tradition. The cake is super moist because we occasionally spray it with bourbon (it has its own tiny little bourbon spritzer), and we keep a green apple slice in the tin. All other fruitcake is disgusting. THIS fruitcake is delicious. 
  • 1. How far along are You, how big is baby?
    8 weeks, size of a raspberry. 

2. How are you feeling?
    Ok, ragey, sore boobs, hungry but not. 

3. Any appointments next week?
    No :( I was supposed to have one Monday but I don't have money for the plane ride to the hospital so I had to get it changed to Dec 6th.

4. Rants raves questions?
    I generally love living out in bumfuck nowhere Alaska, but my school district made wonky changes to our insurance without telling us. So flights that should be paid for aren't, I need to get in to see the high risk doctor and had to change everything around. It's frustrating.

5. GTKY
    I'm cooking thanksgiving for my little teacher community and looking forward to turkey and gravy and stuffing from scratch.
  • 1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 5 weeks. A Dot Snail!

2. How are you feeling? Pretty normal. A little up and down emotionally, with being nervous about everything being ok, but still pretty dang good.

3. Any appointments next week? I'm gonna be calling my midwives today, I think, to make my first appointment.

4. Rants, raves, questions? Nope.

5. GTKY - What is your favorite part of the Thanksgiving dinner spread? Anyone do anything out of the ordinary?  Homemade pumpkin pie. From pumpkins!  xo.