July 2018 Moms
Options

This Is Us

ok... who is watching??
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: This Is Us

• Options
    I watched. I cried. It actually wasn't as devastating as I thought it would be... I guess having been through it I knew how bad it would be.  The only part that really got me when her mom came.  We never told parents about the pregnancy so decided it wouldn't be fair to share our loss.... 3 years later I still regret that choice.
  • Options
    Same...I was doing ok until Rebecca showed up.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It wasn't as bad as I thought either. I teared up a few times because Toby. He's just a character, but truly such as amazing partner/fiancé!!

I lost it when Rebecca showed up too! I've never had a strong mother daughter bond so I lost it!

@katyf0813 Do you think that's something you should tell your parents, just to be open and give you some peace? I know it's late, but that might be a nice weight to lift off your chest.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Bad decision to watch before my US. 
  • Options
    @wildtot aww! :( Don't let that get you down!! It's just a show, keep thinking that! What time is your appointment today? I actually just signed on to see if you had updated in the US thread. haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gspmom21 I think we've going to tell our parents about this pregnancy soon and explain that we're telling them early because of the past loss and we'd want their support this time if something were to happen..  it just always felt weird to be like "oh ps. We lost a baby in October 2014..."
  • Options
    @gspmom21 it’s in about an hour. Yeah i know it’s just a show probably just awkward watching with my parents and them knowing I’m pregnant and have a previous loss before my son. Switched it up to Boss Baby lol 
  • Options
    I just watched it while my son took his nap. This episode killed me
  • Options
    I just finally watched this weeks. Which may have been a bad idea given my current situation, but I really wanted to see it. I love Toby and Kate, it made my heart hurt to watch them go through that. 

It was neat to see Kate and Rebecca have a moment. Sometimes I feel like they are too hard on Rebecca, and she tries really hard. 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    I am so behind, I just watched season 2 episode 1. Cried 3 times. I have a long way ahead, lol.
  • Options
    @stlmegs Same! Everytime they do the flashbacks I'm looking for something Rebecca did or said to explain why Kate has these issues with her. Glad they had their moment.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn’t look at this thread until I got caught up in the season. I finally watched all the episodes. Thankfully I always watch this show with tissues. Damn that Rebecca scene! And poor Toby- he’s such a great person. 
  • Options
    @catftm2018 ,Toby is just amazing. I loved all the episodes thus far! Can't wait for more.
  • Options
    @kissableviv I know right! Are you caught up!? I was so nervous in the Kevin scene!
  • Options

I definitely teared up on Randal's episode.

@BrittG13 I don't get why Kate and Rebecca just have a constant tiff! There's got to be something later on. I think maybe a lot of it is Kate's self issues with Rebecca being a great singer (because Kate loves singing too) and Rebecca being so skinny and pretty. It probably felt like a competition growing up that she fabricated in her head.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @catftm2018 yes, all caught up! I'm still feeling so bad for Kevin I'm sure we'll see more soon...
  • Options
    ashbub714ashbub714 member
    edited December 2017
    I just caught up! Watched Kate and Randall’s episodes back to back and I’m all cried out. Geeze, this is such a good show but it’s CONSTANTLY making me cry :s