Trouble TTC
Options

TTTC Checkin (2 week catchup, Thanksgiving post)

2»

Re: TTTC Checkin (2 week catchup, Thanksgiving post)

• Options
    @BWhitta haha thanks. I know I'm still young, but it feels like such a long time seeing as I was 24 when we started :)
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @tops-2 I totally understand :blush:
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BWhitta one more thing- did anyone ever test you for MTHFR? Might be something to look into. 

Happy to be all caught up on all your stories now ladies- hoping I get to see lots of Christmas wishes granted this year!
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Options
    Sorry I'm late to the check-in!  I had Thanksgiving dinner at my mother-in-law's and I am very grateful for several things: new opportunities, my friends and family, and my health.

CD 22 after my odd cycle and 5.5 days of low back pain + hormone related symptoms. I have an apppointment with my doctor on the 11th, so we'll discuss what's possibly going on.

I recently went on Metformin (a big thank you to the board member who recommended that), and I'm wondering if that insulin resistance was a huge piece to the hormonal imbalance issue. I started Metformin nearly 2 months ago and I started eating a reduced carbohydrate diet. (I started doing keto but eventually found I am more sane and comfortable with the amount indicated for diabetics.)  So, I am just not sure if my ovaries are doing.

I start my new job on Monday, so I haven't been reading/replying to posts as much as I'd like. I hope you're all well and hugs to those that need one today. *HUG*
    Married 4 years, TTC 3 years
    Dx: Unexplained infertility, hypothyroidism/Hashimoto's, MTHFR Mutation
    DH - low motility
    Rx: Levothyroxine, misc supplements

• Options
    @mac627 congrats!!!!!!!!!! FX for a healthy, sticky bean!!!!!!!!!!!!

@lablover78 yes I actually was positive for an MTHFR mutation, but only a single mutation of a certain kind that they didn’t seem concerned with...I stopped taking folic acid, though (my RE prescribed me an Rx folic acid which I googled and decided not to take :neutral: ) but I just read your other post and had no idea it’s sprayed on crops UGH!  I know I need to be more mindful of my food, I’ve let me emotions and anger just get the better of me this year.  I was telling my husband as my birthday is coming up next week...I feel like I didn’t do anything at all this year.  The year just flew by in a blur of hormones and emotions, haha.
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • Options
    @tops-2 Happy Birthday!  I'm totally with you as far as the Christmas thing.  Even for us just financially, I keep thinking to myself - I'd love to get to open presents on Christmas but we just need money for IVF!  I know I will love anything and everything I get for Christmas but the best surprise would be a positive on that stick!!  Luckily we do have a new (well she's 10 months old, we got her 7 months ago) puppy so I've been using Christmas as an opportunity to spoil her a bit!   She's got her own stocking and just did some puppy shopping for her and the other dogs in the family which was fun.

Having slight panic attacks this week - DH and I were talking about the IVF process this weekend.  We came to a decision that if the rounds of IVF we get with the package we plan on doing (I believe it is three transfers total) we are going to move on to adoption.   We always planned on adopting anyway and its something we had talked about before.  Financially I think we would be at our limit after the three transfers and I'm not sure where we'd be at emotionally after three failed IVF attempts after the two years we've already been trying (though I know many try for a much longer time).  At the same time this has made me realize that if this doesn't work thats kind of it... I mean we can continue to try naturally and hope we get a miracle pregnancy... but in general, if we don't get pregnant this year it could really never happen for us.  I'm confident we will be parents and I think adoption is a wonderful option.  But it makes me sad that its entirely possible I might never get to experience pregnancy.  I feel so much pressure to make this work even though I know that there is really nothing more I can do that I'm not already doing.  This whole process just sucks and the fact that its so expensive just makes it that much harder. :-(   I'm trying to stay positive and hope that maybe we get lucky this month and don't even have to go down that road but I know its a long shot.  Started OPK's this week and I'm flashing smile so hopefully will get a good indication of ovulation in a few days.  Then back to the TWW - arrrgh.  Hopefully the holidays will distract me these next few weeks! 

Thanks for listening to me rant!
  • Options

Good Morning Ladies,

2nd round of Letrozole, 7.5mg CD (cycle day) 2-6

1st ultra sound today and I have 7 follies

Right: 12, 11, 11, 10,10

Left: 9,8

(remind you my right side is my good tube, so I am happy)

I am not getting my hopes up yet, consider my 1st cycle doing letrozole (last cycle) I had 4 follies and doctor said I should have 2 mature but only had 1 and it didn't work.

I am crossing my fingers atleast 2 mature, praying hard! 

• Options
    BababattyBababatty member
    edited December 2017
    Hi all! I was home for Thanksgiving and last week was super crazy at work, so I’ve just been reading and love-titting along. There’s lots I wanted to respond so, but I’m mobile right now so apologies in advance for anyone I miss. Thank you also for all of your condolences. I’m glad I was with my family for Thanksgiving because otherwise I’d be inclined toward laying on the couch doing nothing.

@mac627 Congratulations!!! Wonderful news!! I can’t wait to get your 2nd beta results. FX for a sticky bean!

@BWhitta and @lablover78 Welcome back!! I’m sorry you’re back here, but glad to have @lablover78

@tops-2 Happy Birthday! It doesn’t matter how young or old you are, your feelings are completely justified. IF is horrible regardless of age. I hope you had a good birthday anyway!

@thothscribe81 That’s a really hard decision to come to. I’m glad you and YH have had serious conversations about it already. DH would like to adopt if IVF is unsuccessful, but we haven’t talked about the point at which we would stop IVF (we should because we’re all OOP, by right now we’re in the “make it rain” frame of mind). I know it must be hard to have set your end point, but it’s also something that can be revisited if you reach that bar if you’re not happy. In the meantime, I have lots of hope that you won’t need all three of those transfers.  :)

@Knottie1467155066 Wow, 7! That’s great! FX those right ones keep growing for you and you get the 2,3, or 4 you want. They’re all close together in size, which is promising. 

ETA

@hoffmanr7 You’re so close to IVF! Yay!

AFM Our WTF appointment is on Wednesday, so just waiting, working out, trying to eat healthy, and taking my supplements.

• Options
    Doctor wanted me to go in Friday for another scan and possible trigger shot Friday evening but now she is wanting me to come in Thursday, because she is scared of getting more than 3 mature ones, my doctors office will cancel this cycle if I have more than 3. I am seriously going to be lucky if I get 2 honestly.
  • Options
    @thothscribe81 definitely not an easy conversation to have, but it’s great you can talk so openly about a serious topic. It always makes me feel better to have a plan, and like @Bababatty said you can always change your plan later. Hopefully you won’t need to even go there! We had a similar conversation about 3 IVF cycles and then done. This whole process is so emotionally (and financially) draining, so it makes sense to set limits. I think IVF will do the trick for you though!!

@Bababatty I’m glad you were able to spend thanksgiving with family. You must be anxious for your WTF appointment. Definitely wondering what they’ll have to say...
    TTC #1
    dx: DOR
    8 cycles Clomid (1 BFP & MC)
    3 failed IUIs (Follistim & Trigger)
    IVF #1
  • Options
    @thothscribe81 our 2 dogs and our cat all have their own xmas stockings too :) And that's a tough decision you've made. I really, truly hope you have success.

@Knottie1467155066 Sounds like you have a promising cycle ahead of you :) My doctor cancels our cycle if we have 3 or more follies too. Although cancelling a TI cycle just consists of telling us not to have sex - like that'll work haha

@mac627 so excited for you! Make sure you update us on Friday :)

AFM: I had a scan yesterday and have 2 mature follies again :) So I'm hoping we get lucky this time. TI tonight, then another blood test in the morning to see where I'm at. Fingers crossed!
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @tops-2
    Ya to "cancel" a cycle for us it would be to tell us not to have sex or to take the trigger shot... But honestly I don't know if I would be able to listen, don't get me wrong I can't handle having 4 babies, but at the same time I feel like I am loosing an opportunity of it actually working by giving me 4 chances of catching atleast one, ya know?
    I would still be able to give myself the trigger because I have to give it to myself anyways, it's at home so it's not like they take it away, ya know?

I wouldn't know what to do if more than 3 mature. Of course I don't want to be octomom. lol 
  • Options
    @mac627 so so so excited for you!!!  I can't imagine the emotions you are going through right now, I'm sure its super conflicting but try and stay positive and I've got my fingers crossed for you that this will be the one!!! I can't wait to hear how the US goes on Friday!!!  

@tops-2 yay mature follies! 

@Bababatty Thank you!  I'm feeling a little better today, just trying to roll with the punches and hoping for a Christmas sticky bean!  I'm glad you've got your appt coming up tomorrow and I hope you get the information you need out of it!!

@knottie1467155066 I hope you get a few mature follies and your next appt goes well!

Has anyone seen the movie One More Shot?  Its available on Amazon right now so I rented it last night, was only able to watch half and will finish it tonight but its kinda nice seeing all the craziness shown for real in a documentary.
  • Options
    @tops-2 yay for 2 follies!!! That’s awesome! Fx for you!

@thothscribe81 thanks for the positive vibes!! Haven’t heard of one more shot- I’m assuming it’s about IF? I’ll have to check that out! 
    TTC #1
    dx: DOR
    8 cycles Clomid (1 BFP & MC)
    3 failed IUIs (Follistim & Trigger)
    IVF #1
  • Options
    Congrats @mac627 <3
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    Congrats @mac627 .  So happy for you!
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Options
    So got a positive ovulation test on Tuesday, and believe I ovulated yesterday - big pains in my abdomen I think from increased follicle size due to the Femara (I hope!).  So I'm officially in the TWW - I hate the TWW lol.  Luckily this weekend is crazy busy (husbands company christmas party tonight, christmas dinner with friends tomorrow night, brunch with husbands family sunday morning) so thats at least a few days that should pass quickly.  We are also really busy at work which is good - off topic but I also got some good news at work (some positive feedback from the way higher ups and possibility of some meetings and promotion in the near future) so thats made me happy!  Hopefully by Christmas we will be celebrating some other good news as well!