July 2018 Moms
Options

TwatWaffle Tuesday

4deep4deep member
edited November 2017 in July 2018 Moms

Let it out ladies

Re: TwatWaffle Tuesday

• Options
    I nominate all the people and animals in my house. My husband asked me to stay up late with him to keep him company while he fixed the router. So I didn't go to bed until almost 1 am. Then at 5 am, one of the damn cats knocked over my nightstand and I almost had a heart attack. I couln't sleep so I logged on to work around 6 am to get some work done, but then my kid decides to wake up for the day at 6:30. So basically I woke up before sunrise and still managed to get nothing accomplished
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @crystal321 boooo. No sleep sucks 
  • Options
    @4deep you just reminded me...what does everyone with little ones at home do about the Christmas tree? I can just see my toddler eating pine needles off the floor and breaking all the ornaments. He wasn't mobile last year so this is new for me. 

As for me, my house is a TW. It's so messy and cluttered, and no matter how much time I spend trying to clean it on weekends, it gets destroyed within hours. I get such anxiety looking around at all the mess, but seriously feel too sick to do anything about it. I wish it was in the budget to hire someone. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 artificial tree amd plastic ornaments with strings rather than hooks. The first mobile Christmas wasn't as bad as I had feared... now this one with a full blown toddler is scary AF
  • Options
    @zande2016 I ended up building a stand for our trees so they were elevated off the floor. It didn’t completely eliminate my little one from touching but took it out of his direct eye path so took away the temptation to constantly touch it. It helped a lot. He’s 3 now and listens so we don’t really need it anymore.... until this one is moving around. 
  • Options
    I nominate the damn raccoon that has decided to take up residence in our barn. He has killed five chickens just for fun, and gets into the feed even when I have it sealed up securely! He has even figured out how to open the sliding door on the coop with his little fingers! My son isn’t even strong enough to do that!

Plus, the little bastard knows how to steal the bait out of the Havaheart trap I put out! And he craps all over the yard! I’m all about living peacefully with nature, but this guy is about to acquire a bus pass...
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to say @zande2016 I can so relate. My toddler is much less into toys than I expected. He’d rather take everything out of cabinets and put them in weird places, like the washing machine. My house is so disorganized at this point! I’m just praying I’ll have a crazy nesting fit at some point and get my house put back together!
  • Options
    @zande2016 make sure the ornaments you care about aren’t within reach. One of our trees fell over one year and most of our special glass ornaments broke. My kids haven’t been too crazy into eating the ornaments and if they want to put a pine needle in their mouth- well, I hope it tastes gross and you don’t want to do that again lol. 
  • Options
    Ugh Raccoons are hard to get rid of, they're very smart and resourceful. They know how to open the lid to our outdoor garbage can, and even when we tried weighing the lid down with boxes and cans, they just shoved them aside. Do you keep chickens for eggs? 
  • Options
    @MyBigFatGreekFetus hah! My son is the same, his favorite activity is opening cabinets and moving the contents to other cabinets. I need a professional organizer in my life. 
  • Options
    Mine is aimed at me... I asked MIL to host thanksgiving this year because I didn’t want to be bothered- there’s a lot going on for me this week. But now I’m sad because I won’t have the turkey leftovers because I’m not making turkey. Womp womp self. That’s what you get.. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 we raise chickens for eggs and we breed them to sell to backyard chicken owners. So you can imagine how mad I was when that a-hole killed my prettiest Jubilee Orphington! 
  • Options
    I tried searching on the abbreviation list and it wasn’t there. What does TW mean?
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @zande2016 My house, too.  WHY...  And even if I clean, it just ends up a wreck minutes later anyway.  

I nominate my upstairs neighbours whose 5 am thumping never fails to wake me up, at which point I have to pee...sigh. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

~~Wife to one amazing man~~
    ~~Mama to 3 crazy boys~~
    ~~Wrangler of 2 cats~~
  • Options
    @rachelsogo TW = twatwaffle
  • Options
    My TW Tuesday - People not doing their jobs, and half assing their work. Seriously, it comes back to bite other people because that one person didn't want to complete what they were supposed to do. 
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Options
    I nominate DH (d stands for d!ckhe@d)...we have a very active sex life, however ever since finding out I'm KU, I do NOT want to be touched. Give me a few kisses and a hug, otherwise no touchy touchy. He tells me nightly, I want some P. I've told him that 1. I don't feel like it 2. Please wait until our first appointment, so my mind is at ease. 3. I'm worried of spotting. Well, he just doesn't get it. I'm about to send him to sofa city. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    My TW goes out to whoever in my office decided it’s their job to douse the bathroom in air freshener every time they use it. I mean a spritz or two would be ok, but they literally spray so much that you can smell it down the hall. Pregnant or not, that much air freshener is enough to make me gag. I’d rather smell normal bathroom smells than this disgusting artificial air freshener smell!! 
  • Options
    @MyBigFatGreekFetus jubilee orpingtons are amazing! I have always wanted one but they are PRICEY as adults and I can't ever seem to find chicks. I will buy chicks from you in the spring if you ship....

Also I read an article once that I don't think was a joke about how raccoons communicate with each other...a trash company once introduced new trash can lids on one coast and rolled them out across the coast in the weeks/months after. By the time the ones in states neighboring the first states to get them got their trash cans, the raccoons could already open them! Crazy right. Raccoons are twats.

For me its the students at the hs next to the co-op I go to. They ALL get to leave for lunch. starting at like, 10:45. so its like any time between 10:45 and 2 the store is crawling with like, 40 extra people who have no social graces. A good number of them are polite and quiet but the same number are super loud and high fivey and trying to be loudly cool to compensate for not being confident and it makes my shopping experience unpleasant. Plus the lines are long. 

• Options
    @zande2016 we got a table tree last year and put it in the center of our island with a runner. It was nice. the only presents under it were the books DS picked out for is advent calendar. This year I am pushing for a HUGE tree and though it may ruin the ambiance we might put our gate up around it that we used to keep DS out of the fire place at our old rental.  Or we might go table tree again, who knows.
  • Options
    My TW goes out to whoever in my office decided it’s their job to douse the bathroom in air freshener every time they use it. I mean a spritz or two would be ok, but they literally spray so much that you can smell it down the hall. Pregnant or not, that much air freshener is enough to make me gag. I’d rather smell normal bathroom smells than this disgusting artificial air freshener smell!! 
    I've actually started taking Poopouri into the bathroom with me at work, whether I go #2 or not. I spray a few squirts before I leave the restroom. I've noticed people don't use the spray as much. I'm doing my good deed to the environment and my pregnant nose. 

• Options
    My TW is to the people at work messing with me. I work in a construction office, and normally I can handle the teasing or joking around but I've been sensitive yesterday and today and I don't want to tell anyone at work yet. I'm trying really hard to keep it under wraps until after the first of the year but I've already had two people (guys, no less!) ask me if I was expecting. 
  • Options
    We need to spell out Twat Waffle in this threat title. I've been avoiding this thread thinking it was the weeks trigger warning topics (losses)  :'(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    amdftwamdftw member
    edited November 2017
    @zande2016 The first year my DS was mobile we put a one of those big baby gates around the tree.  He was just over a year old then.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the tree suggestions all. Guess I'm going to have to finally bite the bullet and buy some type of baby gate.Sigh. 
  • Options
    Ah! @runsomewhere now I know what the other TW means. Couldn’t figure that out. Thank you
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa can I just say I love poopouri!! People give me sh*t (pun intended) for giving it out as gag gifts but it's so practical! I always keep it in my purse  :D
  • Options
    acunamatada me, too! My brother introduced me to it a few years ago and my life has changed. I literally keep a bottle in my purse and one at home. Funny story: my sister, niece and I were at Kaiser to pick up medications. My sister had to go to the bathroom. So we all decide to go. As she is taking a deuce, I asked, "Are you pooping? Dangit, I have poopouri in my purse. I would have given it to you to use". Well...unbeknownst to me, there was another woman in the restroom. She is busting up laughing at my comment. My sister just laughed. The lady said that was the laugh she needed for her day. I really have no shame...everyone poops!

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa @acunamatada what is this poopourri that you speak of?? Is it less offensive than normal air fresheners? Maybe I should get some and switch it out for the one in our work bathroom...
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake it's definitely less offensive! It's this EO/magical spray that you spray into the toilet before you poop and it holds ALL the smell in. It's amazing. 
  • Options
    Oh my word, I have totally forgotten about poopourri!  I love that stuff, and with my sensitive nose lately, well, DH's bathroom visits have been gag-inducing.  Looks like I need to head to the store.  :wink:
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

~~Wife to one amazing man~~
    ~~Mama to 3 crazy boys~~
    ~~Wrangler of 2 cats~~
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake It's this essential oil based spray that you spritz 3-5 times prior to pooping. They have different scents, I prefer the Vanilla-Lavender-Citrus or vanilla-mint-citrus. Then what acunamatada said. It's AAAAAMMMMAAZING! We no longer use sprays afterwards, because this really flushes the hazardous fumes down the toilet with everything else. 
    https://www.poopourri.com/pages/how-it-works 

• Options
    Additionally, when the littles (8 y/o niece, 5 y/o nephew, and 2 y/o nephew) go, they think its the greatest thing to spray before going. And those kids know how to bomb a bathroom!

• Options
    yes Poopouri is the best!!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @d_marie_23 vent girl Vent! that is what this is here for also in terms of her personality 

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 Yay for a safe venting space! Lol. I didn't think the hormones were getting to me too badly this pregnancy because I've been super level headed... and then I realized I have zero control over calling out the nasty people (like the one above) on Facebook that I normally ignore. Woops ;) 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    nope you are just fine! I like people like that fe free to bring that fire to the board too! we all need to know when we are acting out of line :)