November 2017 Moms

The topography will have shifted.

For you first time moms out there (and to remind the rest of us). Even once you lose the baby weight, things will be... different. Imagine you have one of those inflatable globes. Had it inflated for years. Then you deflate it, fold it up, and put it on the shelf for the better part of a year. When you inflate it again, you will recognize the map, but the topography will have shifted. There might not be a,large crease through Utah and Amsterdam is not quite where it used to be. Over time this will change. Most of the creases will go away, and the rest will not be as deep. It might never be exactly the same, but it will become closer to how it used to look.  This takes time.

Just a gentle reminder that even if you lose the weight right away ( I did this time), your pants still won't fit for a while. That is ok. Target has pants with elastic and drawstrings! Be patient. The globe looks good, but it has to recover from the time on the shelf.

Re: The topography will have shifted.

• I like this. Cause I weigh 10 lb less 2 weeks pp then i did when i got pregnant. Yet I still tell my DH how I feel like my stomach is different like flabby and the support I used to have isn't there. He is awesome and super supportive about it and tells me I look beautiful. And I know it will take some time to get everything back in place looking the way I want it. That being said I wouldn't change any of it as I have a cute little girl that is worth every stretch mark and flabby belly. 
  • Thanks for starting this thread, @kyethra! My itchy angry stretch marks have been really bothering me lately. I know they will eventually fade quite a bit, but I was really hoping they weren't going to get as big as they have.
  • Loading the player...
  • And some things may never go back. My belly button never lined up again after my first was born. It's an odd thing and no one mentions that things like that can happen, but I have the belly button scar, and about an inch above it, the belly button divet. It's a little weird. The stretch marks will fade, but the belly button will remain un-alined for ever.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @ariasbabyblog my belly button is strange too, the fat around it is gone and never came back, it was pierced before but now it's just some skin with a hole through it. Mine must not be aligned either because that linea nigera has a sharp zig zag to it. 
  • My belly button is just very stretched out. I tried flexing my "abs" yesterday and it was a joke. Literally nothing tightened/moved when I did it.