May 2018 Moms

Pregnancy Journaling / Tracking

So I just picked up the MOST hilarious book called The Big Fat Activity Book For Pregnant People. 

https://www.amazon.ca/Big-Activity-Book-Pregnant-People/dp/0735213682

With my first I had a very traditional What to Expect journal. And it was nice. But this time I wanted something fun, light, non-commital and entertaining. I have my standard pregnancy books for the detailed and "tough" stuff. This is a great departure and brings humor  into it. Seriously check it out ladies!!

So with that I pose the question: What are you using to journal this pregnancy? And how are you at keeping up with it? 

Re: Pregnancy Journaling / Tracking

• Neat thread!

I actually make youtube videos and have a journal I use that I got in my bump box. I like videos because it really captures a moment in time.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Ceridwen77 anything and everything you feel like you want to remember. The journals that are sold provide a bit of a framework. 

I got one as a gift last time from my mom shortly after we told her the news and what I found was that it was a nice way to end my day, reflecting on different things. I wasn't the best at keeping  up with it though. I do think  I'll like this unstructured one better. 

Also you can use it for reference if you want to compare things from pregnancy to pregnancy like when you started showing, the heart rate, cravings, symptoms all that. I've already gone back to mine from DS to compare heartbeat from the 12 week scan.

• I’m using an actual weekly planner (academic year) since the pregnancy is lasting from August until May, so it works out almost perfectly. I keep track of appointments, symptoms, milestones, etc. and paste in ultrasound photos. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not doing anything and I didn't for DS.... is that bad?  I do have a folder with all of DS's ultrasounds and the DVD of the 4D scans from our NT and AS.  I am keeping the same folder for this baby.

• @ceridwen77 @mileswithmyles I’m with you ladies.. this didn’t even cross my mind. 
  • I have one but I suck at remembering to write in it  :# I need to pull it out and put it somewhere I'll see it so I remember to do it. 
  • @charlestonchew video! That's a cool idea. How often are you doing those?
  • @charlestonchew video! That's a cool idea. How often are you doing those?
    Once a week :) I started at 4 weeks. I've seen some people who've done like every 4 weeks or trimester but I like seeing the subtle changes.
  • I got a journal from my sister around 13 weeks but haven't yet started it. I have made a couple notes on my phone to out in it though. The nice thing is its a lot of fill in the blank stuff so it prompts you on what to fill out and there are some blank pages too. I'm excited to track stuff and look back on it later. I think it's a nice momento.
  • I journal just about everything in my life and have done so since I was little. I have an excel sheet of all my life “data” (gym days, books read, trips taken, etc., etc.). I’m extremely type A  :#

So I bought a pregnancy journal. I wish it actually had more data points, but i agree with @babys_2018 that I like the prompts. Makes me reflect on things I hadn’t thought about. 

I also like the idea of a more humorous, relaxed jorunal for a second pregnancy . Maybe I can still get my data fix while also having fun. I’ll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing, @onesmallcoconut
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @silverhope I wish I was as dedicated as you! I always have the best intentions for journalling life stuff but it always fades away as time goes on. I definitely go through phases. 

And I agree, prompts are great for those extra details :) 
  • I try to journal with my last pregnancy and just life with my son but I forget constantly, even with it left out. I don’t know what to do for this baby. I feel like outside of the bump board we don’t really talk about it- I’m just too sick and have no energy. BUT! I really like this reminder 
  • @Poppy0419 I don’t even know where DD’s ultrasound pics are. I should probably try to find them and do something with them, along with the new ones that I have shoved in a cabinet.  :#
  • pandakovpandakov member
    edited November 2017
    I had really big plans for journaling/keeping track of/ taking pictures of this pregnancy. 

I have documented jack and squat. 

But that activity book looks pretty cool.
  • I'm lucky I got through year one of my sons baby book!  I am impressed at the dedication here!  Also, makes me feel a bit lazy haha 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @heelsidehero pretty sure in my case, it's more that I'm neurotic than dedicated. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• This did not even occur to me as a thing to do honestly, although now I want to go buy one. I am very lazy though. I do hope I manage to keep up with doing a good baby book once the baby is born, because it always bugged me as a kid that while my big brother's was total full mine was barely filled in :p
  • kpc914kpc914 member
    edited November 2017
    I'm with you,Princess @Poppy0419. If I am ever going to have a second child, I am going to have to deeply repress the memories of how horrible this pregnancy has been so far. I know this is morbid *TW MC mentioned* , but I had a dream last week that I miscarried.....In my dream I was more upset about the prospect of having to endure these last 16 weeks over again with a new pregnancy, than I was about actually losing the baby. I woke up feeling like a horribly insensitive twat.

I've yet to take a single photo of myself and the only thing I remember about each day is how many times I vomited. WooHoo!
  • This did not even occur to me as a thing to do honestly, although now I want to go buy one. I am very lazy though. I do hope I manage to keep up with doing a good baby book once the baby is born, because it always bugged me as a kid that while my big brother's was total full mine was barely filled in :p
    My sister's was never completely filled either, being the second child.  I want to avoid this trap and know I will need to work hard to do so!  Thank goodness for phones and being able to track and keep notes!  Then you can go back and fill out later if needed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry to bump this thread, but I had to chip in.  @kpc914 don't feel bad.  I've actually admitted to some of my friends out loud that I was feeling the exact same way.  IRL, too, not just a dream.  And I haven't had half as bad a time as you have!!  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @sandbar517 thank you! Makes me feel better. I feel so ungrateful and insensitive that I am hating being pregnant so much. hahaha