February 2018 Moms
Options

Winning Mondays / Monday b*tchfest

Re: Winning Mondays / Monday b*tchfest

• Options
    clc515 said:
    @chucksmom15 Now I want apple crisp too! 
    I know right?!  I keep telling myself hers was horrible.  Mine is awesome so I can't wait to get home and make it.  Might eat just that for dinner lol
  • Options
    Wth? To dh he and my mom went to a livestock auction today and bought sheep.  He decided to unload them with out picking up the bigger Kids from the house,  or calling me for help and now has 1 out running free. Somehow I feel I'm going to be blaimed for this...
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My idiot sister... I can’t even with her today. 
    I drove all the way out to Boston because she working tomorrow and can’t come to Thanksgiving. She wanted to see my mom and I and “introduce me” to her dog. 
    If you recall from my UO from a couple weeks ago...my son is allergic and I am just not a fan. All I asked is if she could make sure I didn’t get jumped on. 
    The dog jumped multiple times hitting me in the stomach. She was at least apologetic about that. THEN the dog shit on the floor. Probably because she ignored the whines/cries of the puppy to go outside. And at the end of the visit... she told my mom her and her idiot boyfriend wouldn’t be able to stay for more than an hour on Christmas (which is her birthday) if they couldn’t bring the dog. And so it begins. I knew this would happen and I would have to medicate my 2.5 year old into oblivion to spent two days with a bunch of dogs. I was hoping the one place that was safe was my mom’s. Guess not. To top that off... the car ride from Boston back home (typically a 1 hour ride) took me 3.5 hours to get home. I missed my son’s daycare party. So. Ragey. 
  • Options
    MIL texted DH that FIL has a head cold. I do not want to travel all the way down there to eat a crummy meal and come back with colds for us and kids.  DH texted her something (not sure what) and now she is saying it's just allergies, not a cold. :/

SIL also got texted about the head cold, so I am calling BS on the allergies claim. DH still wants to go and I definitely do not. Ughhh.

I told him if we go and get sick, we are NOT going for Christmas!
  • Options
    I am lucky that Thanksgiving is super low key and my parents and brother just come over to our house for Thanksgiving and that’s it. It should be good. 

However I got my TDAP shot on Tuesday and my arm hurts so bad. I just had to whine and share it somewhere.  
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Megzb510 said:
    I am lucky that Thanksgiving is super low key and my parents and brother just come over to our house for Thanksgiving and that’s it. It should be good. 

However I got my TDAP shot on Tuesday and my arm hurts so bad. I just had to whine and share it somewhere.  
    I got my TDAP shot yesterday... ugh, left arm is useless. I’ll share in your whining because I need to do it too. :) 
  • Options
    MIL texted DH that FIL has a head cold. I do not want to travel all the way down there to eat a crummy meal and come back with colds for us and kids.  DH texted her something (not sure what) and now she is saying it's just allergies, not a cold. :/

SIL also got texted about the head cold, so I am calling BS on the allergies claim. DH still wants to go and I definitely do not. Ughhh.

Oh man! I would just flat out refuse to go. If anyone is sick, I just avoid them at all costs. 
  • Options

Oh man! I would just flat out refuse to go. If anyone is sick, I just avoid them at all costs. 
    I agree...its not worth the risk to get sick. 
  • Options
    I just found out from a cousin that my ILs are looking to rent an apt near us for 3 weeks after the baby is born.  Last year at this time they were planning to go to NYC for three weeks, but they apparently changed their mind now that we're expecting.  My ILs are great, but they are older and I don't think they will actually be helpful. This will most likely be their only grandchild, so I don't want to turn them away, but I also want to preserve my sanity.
  • Options
    I just found out from a cousin that my ILs are looking to rent an apt near us for 3 weeks after the baby is born.  Last year at this time they were planning to go to NYC for three weeks, but they apparently changed their mind now that we're expecting.  My ILs are great, but they are older and I don't think they will actually be helpful. This will most likely be their only grandchild, so I don't want to turn them away, but I also want to preserve my sanity.
    I was just talking to my boss about this, how people come to see the baby and don’t do anything to help you, so they hold the baby while you’re cleaning! I dread that. I wonder if I can find an article like “10 Things Visitors Can Do to Help a New Mom that Don’t Involve Just Holding the Baby” that I can send to people :)
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @eggplantface if you’re going to breast fed just tell them you need to feed the baby but if they would like to help then they can clean this or cook that....that way if they don’t it makes them look like an ass 
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    DH finally agreed to stay home. Up until am hour ago he was still going to go with DD and leave me with DS 1&2. I told him it doesn't make sense to risk getting sick when we could visit a week from now when FIL is better
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    DH finally agreed to stay home. Up until am hour ago he was still going to go with DD and leave me with DS 1&2. I told him it doesn't make sense to risk getting sick when we could visit a week from now when FIL is better
    Good im glad he is staying. 
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:

Thank goodness! Not to mention if DH or DD were to get sick, you'd be hooped...
  • Options
    And update to the saga... DH totally threw me under the bus as the only reason we didn't go down (because he still wanted to go and I didn't .) Both SIL and MIL are upset. :/ ughhh. 
  • Options
    And update to the saga... DH totally threw me under the bus as the only reason we didn't go down (because he still wanted to go and I didn't .) Both SIL and MIL are upset. :/ ughhh. 
    I would Kill DH if he did that. Even if I make decisions he defends them and stands as a unit with me so his family can’t say anything because he knows nothing I do is malicious. Sorry but that would put DH is the neighbors dog house for sure 
  • Options
    I would Kill DH if he did that. Even if I make decisions he defends them and stands as a unit with me so his family can’t say anything because he knows nothing I do is malicious. Sorry but that would put DH is the neighbors dog house for sure 
    I wish! We had this issue back when we were first married of him putting things on me with his family, too. We'd agree on how long we were visiting his parents...  An hour past that time I would be trying to discreetly point out the time and he'd announce that we were leaving because I didn't want to stay anymore.  Every dang time. It took nearly a year to get him to understand that wasnt okay.
  • Options
    I'm just now going to fly back home when I'm 31 ish weeks. Husband waited last minute and thinks that since I was saying something everyday about not having tickets that it's only fair for me to send nudes... that's not how that works and I'll be finding out my flight info 18 hours beforehand! I have a boss I have to tell and my mom might have to take the day off work. I've tried explaining all this just to be told well you could solve it really easily. So now here I am anxiously waiting and hoping I don't forget things at my moms house that are important. I'm also having my friend try to look at husbands credit cards so I can look the reservation up and find out that way.
  • Options
    I was just talking to my boss about this, how people come to see the baby and don’t do anything to help you, so they hold the baby while you’re cleaning! I dread that. I wonder if I can find an article like “10 Things Visitors Can Do to Help a New Mom that Don’t Involve Just Holding the Baby” that I can send to people :)
    I saw a suggestion for that somewhere,  it was to make little papers of how to do things at your house and when people ask what they can do to help hand them a paper. One might have laundry instructions, one dishwasher instructions,  one where the bathroom cleaning supplies are,  etc.

I don't think i could pull it off,  but kudos to you if you can

@babybro218 if they are getting a rental they shouldn't be in your way all the time.  Maybe prepare a care package for them with restaurant listings and tourist things they could do,  so they aren't completely focused on you and baby? And all then to bring something everytime they come over so you don't
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm just now going to fly back home when I'm 31 ish weeks. Husband waited last minute and thinks that since I was saying something everyday about not having tickets that it's only fair for me to send nudes... that's not how that works and I'll be finding out my flight info 18 hours beforehand! I have a boss I have to tell and my mom might have to take the day off work. I've tried explaining all this just to be told well you could solve it really easily. So now here I am anxiously waiting and hoping I don't forget things at my moms house that are important. I'm also having my friend try to look at husbands credit cards so I can look the reservation up and find out that way.
    I’m so confused about what This is all about....
  • Options
    Yeah I'm confused with what sending nudes would have to do with any of this

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    sabriel1 said:
    I’ve re read this a couple times and I’m guessing her H is withholding her flight info unless she sends nudes. Which is not really something I would share. This makes your H sound like an asshat. And if you’re flying back home which I think is Hawaii? Why wouldn’t you tell your boss now? Or start packing and get prepared? Are you both thinking like adults? Having your friend try and hack your H’s credit card account? This just sounds very high schoolish. 
  • Options
    sabriel1 said:
    I’ve re read this a couple times and I’m guessing her H is withholding her flight info unless she sends nudes. Which is not really something I would share. This makes your H sound like an asshat. And if you’re flying back home which I think is Hawaii? Why wouldn’t you tell your boss now? Or start packing and get prepared? Are you both thinking like adults? Having your friend try and hack your H’s credit card account? This just sounds very high schoolish. 
    Whoa, after your explanation I reread and see where that would come from. If my husband was seriously doing that and not giving me flight information when I had to tell my boss I'm not sure he'd be my husband anymore, it is incredibly immature and childish. And the part about the friend hacking into DHs credit card... Huh?

That being said I hope that I'm misunderstanding this situation.

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    Is this to move back home with him? Or just for a visit?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Is this to move back home with him? Or just for a visit?
    This whole situation is confusing...i keep checking back for clarification. Now @mamaof5already added the cliffhanger...are they not living together? 
  • Options
    I am so confused right now.... 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    +1 for confused and awaiting explanation 
  • Options
    +2 just waiting...
  • Options
    +3 for waiting!! I hope the explanation is as interesting as this sounds!
  • Options
    Since we're waiting, I'll add mine for today because it's got me so pissed off and I need to vent and lower my blood pressure.

My husband is a caregiver for a woman who lives in our house. Het 4 selfish entitled brat grown ass adult children REFUSE to assist us in any way even just to relieve him for us to take a vacation or long weekend. Even over our wedding, which they attended, they wouldn't so much as push their mother's wheelchair or fix her a plate of food. She had to get a friend of ours to do that for her because I put my foot down and said my husband wasnt lifting his pinky toe to do jack shit on our wedding day.

Fast forward to today and one of her daughter's decided to come up with her two kids (who have zero manners and are given free reign to do whatever because rules stifle their creativity) and expected my husband to cook a full lunch for them. He said no, that the daughter was a capable adult and we had plenty of thanksgiving day leftovers they could heat up while we went to the laundromat, got chicken feed and ran errands. Cue coming home 2 hours later to find they showed up hours after they said theu would and had decided to cook miniature frozen lasagnas from our freezer (which the kids didn't eat) and left the boxes and uneaten lasagna and used silverware on the kitchen counter. The daughter complained to her mother that my daughter's closed and locked bedroom door (she hates the kids going in and going through her stuff. The granddaughter colored in one of her textbooks last year) made the kids bored so they had to leave to find something to do...oh and since her daughter couldn't share my daughter's bed anymore since she now has a double sized loftbed rather than a regular queen sized bed, they weren't going to stay the night. The whole family is so frakking useless and now my husbands client is pissed at him because he didn't roll out the red carpet and cater to these entitled people. Hes getting paid to take care of their mother, not cook them food and allow them free reign over our house. This is OUR house and we have rules here but she considers not allowing a 7 year old to tear through a 15 year olds backpack or use her Wii and computer unsupervised to be "stifling" and "unwelcoming". I'm just so done with this woman's family. Useless selfish ass people.

Oh the only reason she was coming up, it seems, is because the kids were hungry and driving up here from her brothers house to get a free meal was closer than going directly home.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @rainafire77 I’m seeing red for you!!
  • Options
    BrittaniLCBrittaniLC member
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    That would piss me off big time @rainafire77
  • Options
    @rainafire77 I’m not sure how Home care works but isn’t your H entitled to time off? Wtf? 
  • Options
    rainafire77rainafire77 member
    edited November 2017
    @rainafire77 I’m not sure how Home care works but isn’t your H entitled to time off? Wtf? 
    He works through a state program. He gets paid for a maximum number of hours a week and no more. However, because she lives with us, he's essentially "on call" 24/7. Hes been taking care of her for almost 20 years and bought this house from her oldest daughter (not this one from today) when she got behind in her property taxes and after spending his own money to do some major repairs. 

If he doesn't work, he doesn't get paid. So he rarely takes time off or vacations. We've been using our OB visits an hour away as an excuse to go to lunch and shop while we're there. We also try to go out to dinner or do local family activities whenever we can. It's not easy but since he gets overtime he brings home more money than I do. The last trip we took was our honeymoon in June (right before I found out I was pregnant) and we were gone for three days. Before that it was last Christmas when we spent three days with his mom. We have to make arrangements with local friends to come in, make sure his client is ok, heat up her food and make sure she takes her insulin. When the baby is born we have a friend who is driving down three hours to stay with his client so he can stay at the hospital and not have to drive back and forth daily and another local friend who will come over daily to check in and help out. Her family was asked and they said their lives are too busy to come up. Sad that our friends care more about his client than her own children.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    I was making and eating Thanksgiving dinner. So to help clear up confusion, I'm not having my friend hack the credit cards I literally just need the 16 digit number to type into the find my trip box. I'm not telling my boss because it's a small family business and I do not feel up to constantly getting questioned as to when I'm leaving exactly. The only things I have to pack is clothes and the usual stuff you take on a vacation. @SunflowerMama428 and @mamaof5already it is to move back but it's more for the support group I have and knowing the staff at the hospital.
  • Options
    I was making and eating Thanksgiving dinner. So to help clear up confusion, I'm not having my friend hack the credit cards I literally just need the 16 digit number to type into the find my trip box. I'm not telling my boss because it's a small family business and I do not feel up to constantly getting questioned as to when I'm leaving exactly. The only things I have to pack is clothes and the usual stuff you take on a vacation. @SunflowerMama428 and @mamaof5already it is to move back but it's more for the support group I have and knowing the staff at the hospital.
    I hope things work out for you,  your husband, and little one on the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well this is a lot less climactic then your initial post made it seem .... 
  • Options
    @mamaof5already thank you! I'm hoping we are able to get into counseling once I'm back.