May 2018 Moms
Options

Due Date Check In (week of 11/20): Second Week of May 5/6-5/12

This is a weekly check in for people who are due the second week of May 5/6-5/12. Shamelessly stealing from @bwow615 :)

How far along are you? When is your due date? 

Did you find out the sex of LO yet, if not are you planning to find out or are you team green?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? Any upcoming appointments?

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday/christmas movie?

Re: Due Date Check In (week of 11/20): Second Week of May 5/6-5/12

• Options
    @thunderberry good luck at your scan tomorrow!

15+5 due May 9th
    Did you find out the sex of LO yet, if not are you planning to find out or are you team green?
    We are finding out and hopefully will know by next week with genetic testing.
    What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? Any upcoming appointments?
    Juat excited for the holidays and time off. @thunderberry I still get some nausea too, mostly after eating instead of all day.
    The animated the grinch!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @thunderberry So glad for all your good news!!!!  I'll definitely be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that you get more good news at your ultrasound tomorrow! 

15+6, May 8th 
    Not yet, hopefully we'll find out at the Anatomy Scan on 12/20
    My PGAL brain is going crazy.  I'm having terrible feelings that something will be wrong at my appointment on Monday.  It's similar to what I wrote last week, I'm in that weird in-between phase where I'm not having the nausea, and I'm still not feeling the baby move, so I'm just not "feeling" pregnant right now.  It's so much worse because with my first pregnancy I worked in the ER, so I could use the doppler or ultrasound whenever I felt like it, and I was followed so closely by my doctors because of having twins, so I had tons of appointments and ultrasounds.  And this time it's like, nothing.  I've only had two appointments, had one super quick ultrasound at the first appointment (only because the midwife is awesome) and heard the heartbeat once at the second appointment.  So I'm still not feeling *connected* to the baby.  Add to that, so much of my time and energy is still being focused on my daughters, so I don't have the quiet, peaceful times to talk to the baby, and hold my belly and do all that stuff I did with the girls.  I guess that's my rant?  My rave is I went shopping on Saturday and bought two pairs of work pants, two pairs of jeans, and a dress for MH's cousin's wedding in two weeks, all for $160 at Motherhood Maternity.  I wasn't going to get a maternity dress for the wedding, but it was only $50 and you can't even buy a non-maternity formal dress for that cheap!  Pic in spoiler.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, hands down.  It gets funnier every time I watch it.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @sandbar517 gorgeous dress!

I have anxieties too although I can't compare to PgAL ladies but I do try to tell myself the risk of miscarriage at this point is so low. I know that doesn't always help though.

And my scan is 12/18! I wish it wasn't so far away. I want to know baby is all healthy and so excited to see a cute little baby instead of a blob.
  • Options
    @thunderberry Sending you positive thoughts for tomorrow's appointment! So glad your husband can be there!

@sandbar517 I don't "feel" pregnant either and that also gives me anxiety. But I'm so sorry you are having such terrible feelings. I hope everything goes great at your Monday appointment and some of your worries can lessen.  <3 Also, that dress is beautiful! I wish I had an event to wear that to because it's so lovely and what a bargain. 

16 weeks. May 6/7 (doctor says 6, temping says 7). Size of a Philippine tarsier :no_mouth:

Did you find out the sex of LO yet? If not, are you planning to find out or are you team green?
    Nope. We don't find out until our anatomy scan on Dec 21. Just in time for Christmas. Also, I am so far from team green it's ridiculous ha. 

So much bloat...so that's fun. My next OB appointment is next Tuesday and I'm a little/lottle nervous so I'm glad it's soon-ish. We just started telling people and it's been a mix of fun and sort of weird.

Hm. I'm gonna go with It's a Wonderful Life
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options

15 Weeks 3 Days due May 12

We haven't found out yet but I want to see if we can find out at my next appointment on the 27th. I feel like 16.5 weeks should be far enough along to see the sexes. 

Nothing much. Hubby is a retail manager so he has to work on Thanksgiving. This means that we'll probably be having thanksgiving at a diner. No point in cooking all morning when he has to go in to work at 1pm. 

Hmm...I can't think of any holiday movies I like right now. Drawing a complete blank haha. I'll pop back in if i can think of one. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sandbar517 I don't feel pregnant either. I keep trying to feel them move but I don't feel anything yet and even though I'm pregnant with twins, I'm not THAT big yet. I'm just ready for our next appointment on the 27th so i can see them again and hopefully calm down my brain/remind me that they're still in there!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @thunderberry good luck tomorrow on your scan! 

-15+6

-Team green

-I am just exhausted, and our little guy has been such a handful lately that I'm thinking we are crazy having 2 under 2 come May. 

-my next appointment is next week and is just a routine check-up. Like others, I am currently not feeling very pregnant as far as not feeling kicks, etc. I'm looking forward to hearing the little heartbeat again

-i have to go with home alone! The original!
  • Options
    @thunderberry that's so exciting!!!! Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted on how it goes. Very happy to hear your hubby can be there :)

@sandbar517 love the dress! I'm looking for a holiday one so maybe I'll check that store out!
    Also, it is a tough in between state for sure but like @charlestonchew mentioned, try to focus on the fact that the stats are in your favour and try to keep busy until your next appointment. 

Sounds like we are all stuck in the middle of 1st and 2nd trimester with eithrr ongoing symptoms or no pregnancy feelings, and gaps between appointments. Hang in there ladies!! :)

-15 weeks, 2 days. Due May 12th. 

- no we are team green. Although I'm starting to get really curious!

-I just had part 2 of my genetic screening blood test. Going to have to wait a week or so for those results so I'm a bit nervous. I've been stuck with a cold for about 2 weeks now. Thought I was finally better yesterday but woke up with a full on cold again. What. The. Hell.  
    I have a midwife check in on Dec. 7th so I'm hoping to hear the heartbeat again. 
    Next ultrasound isn't until Dec. 21.

-this isn't a holiday movie but my favourite all time movie is The Sound of Music and they play it every year at Christmas so I'm counting it lol 
  • Options
    16 weeks today. 

DH vetoed a sex check ultrasound this week so we're waiting another three weeks or so til the A/S.

I can feel movement but it's very different than my two previous pregnancies.  They were both pretty active early on, lots of pops and flutters.  This is just shifting, it feels like.

Regular appointment next week.

My favorite Christmas movie... toss up between Muppet Christmas Carol and Rudolph.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    How far along are you? When is your due date? 15 weeks 6 Days (Due May 8)

We have not decided if we are going to find out or not. We didn’t find out with DS and it was a fun surprise. We have until 12/19 to decide.

Looking forward to the long weekend for Thanksgiving, but wishing I could just stay home instead of spending 2 Days with my family and 2 Days with the in laws. I have an appointment tomorrow and bringing my 2 year old with me. He points to his heart and makes the “lub dub” sound since playing with my stethoscope at work so thinking he will be excited to hear baby’s (or could be a nightmare because he is 2?) 

I Love Elf and Christmas Vacation. I also enjoy the Holiday but watch that year round. 
  • Options
    @kpc914 that sounds so rough to be that sick at 16 weeks.  I totally feel for you. I say take some leave. It will probably help alleviate your stress and maybe that will in turn reduce your nausea. 
    Good luck! 
    P.S. I also subconsciously want a girl and I'm team green too. I'm guessing I'll be analyzing all the signs/myths that lead to a certain sex but I don't want to be that kinda person haha. 
  • Options

16 weeks 
    Due May 8th

Not yet but we find out the 12th!

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? 
    I feel great and I have been feeling baby kick so that's exciting!

Hmm...I can't think of any holiday movies I like 
  • Options
    So happy for you @thunderberry!!!
  • Options
    @thunderberry glad to hear the good news!

@sandbar517 the dress is super cute!  I bought a couple maternity dresses for a wedding early January but now I'm wondering what I'll even wear since I'm still not even showing!

5/12

Girl

Feeling baby flutter thankfully because not showing much is in my head. Regular appt on Monday. I think I will be scheduling my c-section at that apt which will make it feel super real and give us an official "deadline." 

Annoyed that i don't have any cravings. Most food doesn't even sound appetizing or even taste that good. 

Anything cheesy on Hallmark 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @heelsidehero A lot of my friends said they didn’t have true “bumps” until 4.5 months, so maybe by early Jan, the maternity dress will be a good? Are they dresses that can work without a bump? I bought a few things that are spsd to work both with a bump or without, but I haven’t tried them yet. 

I don’t have a real bump yet, but am definitely a little wider. I’m hoping I can fit into my regular dresses for a Christmas party I have in 3 weeks. :sweat_smile:
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    heelsideheroheelsidehero member
    edited November 2017
    @silverhope  i am going to have to try them on, because I have been lazy and haven't yet!

edit to add: I thought I would "pop" sooner with the second so I expected a full bump by now.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I figured I've been so uncomfortable in my non-maternity clothes, that it would just be more comfortable to have the extra room, even if I'm not showing much.  ::Shrugs::

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    I wear my h&m maternity jeans all the time now. I haven't popped, yet but my clothes were tight before finding out I was pregnant so with the extra bloat and expanding uterus, I can't wear my regular pants. I cannot believe how comfortable they are!!! ❤