BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
DD - 11/1/19 <3
My Chart

Re: Randoms - Week of 11/20

• Options
    whiskawhiska member
    edited November 2017
    Carrying over from last week's...
    @babybison omg yes, right now zippers and buttons - especially around the pelvis - seem like the devil.  I am in the "want, nay need, to wear leggings all the time" phase now!  And I suspect I'll be there for a while pp as well...

ETA - I have not actually had to deal with regular pants for a while now, but even on the maternity pants where the stretchy panel meets the regular material it's like, yeeouch.  That tight part of the stitching on the front presses in and no no no no no.  Thank goodness leggings and long shirts/sweaters are still kind of "in".
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    I emailed HR to find out how much my insurance would be with baby. She emailed back with a terrifying number, but also said that I'm currently paying $224.66/mo.

I emailed back confused because I pay about $70 per pay period, and we're paid twice a month, so about $140/mo. The HR lady was confused and has to ask the payroll guy, but he's out this whole week. I am going to be SO PISSED if they were mistakenly charging me way less than they were supposed to and I just pointed it out to them. Hahaha.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    oy, @MJDsquared, I hope that's not the case.

My kvetch of the day... I am SO distracted at work.
    Mostly have stuff wrapped up, but planning to work up until I go into labor if possible to save time for after.
    So bored and distracted!  I need to be "on call", for referrals that get sent in occasionally that I deal with, and I'm almost hoping for more of them these days!

I am working from home some days at least, and tomorrow half the day I'll be out for appointments (midwife, US, NST due to my age).  And Wednesday is a short day, we close at 2 before the holiday.

Technically next week is my last full week in the office (unless I go into labor before), and my maternity plan says I can work from home the week before my duedate, 12/2.... so at least it's the final countdown.

But man, I want to get out of here!
    ___
    Due date 12/9
    I can't figure out the pregnancy countdown tickers, but I do know how to make a signature!
    #40andpregnant

As of 12/15/2017, my new hashtag is #41 and pregnant!
  • Options
    I am grateful that my work is not physically demanding, nor very stressful at the moment, so there's my silver lining.  I really do like my job, but I am just ready to be home. 
    ___
    Due date 12/9
    I can't figure out the pregnancy countdown tickers, but I do know how to make a signature!
    #40andpregnant

As of 12/15/2017, my new hashtag is #41 and pregnant!
  • Options
    Just an FYI that BBB has some baby monitors 50% off for Black Friday.  https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/s/bf17monitordeals

I'm ticked because someone bought ours at full price and now it's only $125... angry  But I thought someone here might still benefit!!!!!! :blush:
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    Soooooo we toured our hospital this weekend, it's different from our last two deliveries because I changed jobs and picked an OB that had a more convenient office. Well, I used to work in the hospital I delivered at and had a great relationship with the VP of nursing and most of the nurse managers around the hospital, which had its advantages as a patient. Anyways, we left the "new" hospital and felt mediocre about it, and were waffling about changing OBs at 35 weeks on the ride home. So DH and I went out to dinner that night and who do we run into but the VP OF NURSING! She was so happy to see us and gave us huge hugs and congratulations and asked "when I'd be coming in" - turns out my due date is the day before her birthday.

All of that hat to say I feel like it's the ultimate sign and I have to changes drs at the last minute to deliver at the same hospital as last time. Bah!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @MJDsquared with open enrollment coming up, maybe HR accidentally gave you the numbers for 2018? Which still wouldn't be awesome (but since pretty much all plans are increasing yet again this year, not exactly surprising), there would be no threat of needing to back-pay anything.
  • Options
    @Skcobb I asked about that and she said it was the current pricing! And if they think they can backbill me they are sorely mistaken. Lol. They'll just have to eat that cost if that is the case.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @MJDsquared Are you sure the amount they were quoting you isn't the premium total? In other words, the amount they take from your paycheck PLUS the part of your premium the employer contributes? 
  • Options
    @elcd458 That could be possible. Our HR guy that was here for years quit last month and this girl was the assistant and absolutely doesn't want to be the full-time HR person and she hasn't worked here very long, so I think she may be confused.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    ShyToniaShyTonia member
    edited November 2017
    @jlemons-2 my goodness you must be pooped. Kudos to you. I did nothing yesterday but eat and rest eat and rest. Lol. I did make a spinach side dish for each parents house we went to but I did none of the clean up help at my moms. Ooops. Haha. 
  • Options
    @jlemons-2 I should hope so!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @MJDsquared if they make you back pay, I'll be so pissed on your behalf. Not your fault, not your problem. 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @breezybee my DH is usually a Scrooge too but this year he was really into it. I don't know if it's because I'm pregnant or if he just gave up on fighting my Christmas spirit. 
  • Options
    I'm so tired I don't know where our deals thread went but Motherhood is having a cyber Monday sale and it overlaps with some of their weekend sales. I got super comfy nursing tanks at 10.50 ea. THAT IS ALL.

Also, I cannot for the life of me remember to sign my posts on the FB group. Can that be a FFCMonday?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MJDsquared DH and I just just compared insurance to figure out who would take on LO and my insurance will go up 3X.... UGH. I almost want to have more dependents so it makes it worth it... or at least justifies the increase! If LO would have gone under DH's it would have been almost 5 times more.... What a racket... 

BabyFetus Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @abcola @MJDsquared Ah, the fun of insurance. We added DD to DH's when she was born because it worked out better, but my plan has Employee + spouse, Employee + child, and Employee +family options, so now with 2 kids, it makes sense for DD, DH, and the new baby all to switch to my plan, so we're making that change for next year, and if we have any more (probably won't) , we'll still be under the Employee + family at the same rate, so I guess there are some savings with a bigger family (ha!)

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    Well, DD figured out how to climb out of her crib today...whyyyyy??? You’re too little for this, and you’re going to be sharing a room with your little sister soon, so stop it!
  • Options
    @Skcobb how old isn't she? Luckily my DD never tried and now is in a twin so we dodged that bullet. 
  • Options
    I finally signed up for life insurance last night and the underwriter who called to ask me a million questions about my medical history is also pregnant and due December 21st! Haha.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    Can someone please tell me what the hell Aquaphor is actually used for?  I got 2 big ass containers of it from
    my shower and I have no idea what it’s purpose is!
  • Options
    @breezybee it’s basically a really gentle lotion.  A lot of people use it regularly for diaper changes and swear by it so that’s probably why you got it at your shower.  A friend of mine had persistent diaper rash problems with her newborn recently and her pediatrician told her to stop using heavy creams and switch to Aquaphor for every change and it cleared right up.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ok ok @Piccola1988. Thanks!
  • Options
    @breezybee it's basically a non-petroleum vaseline substitute
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @jlemons-2 she’s 19 months....she’s been trying for months now, but I think her last growth spurt gave her the height she needed...
  • Options
    @breezybee we usually use Boudreaux's butt paste for diaper rash, but DD sometimes gets a spit rash or irritation on her face and Aquaphor seems to help that.

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
  • Options
    Ahh DS1 came home from pre-K with pinkeye..eye drops should be interesting lol.    This LO can officially stay put for a few more days until this is resolved.  
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    Marley629 said:
    Ahh DS1 came home from pre-K with pinkeye..eye drops should be interesting lol.    This LO can officially stay put for a few more days until this is resolved.  
    We had to do eye drops for DD. What worked best was to have her lay down and close her eyes, the put a drop in the inner corner and jave her blink so it would fall in her eye. Much easier than trying to hold her eye open.

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
  • Options
    Thank you @cait5413 I'm going to have to try that because he was not having holding His eye open!! 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    @Marley629 Hope it works! It did for us. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016